Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo party 12/11

Default Re: Demo party 12/11

13 Dec 23. 11:30 AM

Attached Images Attached Images            

That is for the update zoom. They are progressing faster than I thought.

Let me ask this question: isn’t aluminum worth recycling? Guess not, as I think they would have removed all those seats before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FYI his house was for sale by owner (estate). Mrs. Babin passed earlier this year.
    Where was his house. I’m looking for something near the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post

Let me ask this question: isn’t aluminum worth recycling? Guess not, as I think they would have removed all those seats before hand.
    With some of the butts that have been in those seats, they are probably too contaminated. Not to mention the thongs…

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    607 St. Camille. I do not know the status.

It’s like building a house. Big things are visibly fast, the finer details always seem like a slowdown. Make hay with the good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Man, I was keeping an eye on that house…love that location.

Eta: it’s still being listed…$335k. Not a bad price really, as the house looks immaculate…and we know Frenchie kept it up well.

Just kinda big for me and not at all the layout I want. But that back patio is really nice! Brings back lots of Frenchie memories.

Man, I was keeping an eye on that house…love that location.

Eta: it’s still being listed…$335k. Not a bad price really, as the house looks immaculate…and we know Frenchie kept it up well.

Just kinda big for me and not at all the layout I want. But that back patio is really nice! Brings back lots of Frenchie memories.
    It’s in good shape. Pier homes, if you have the patience, are great. They tend to show the ebb and flow of soil hydraulics more than slab homes.

Notice in the picture the lower bowl in front of the south edge demo the flat bleachers are removed.

Thursday morning

Looks like they are about done with the first section. Some good progress compared to yesterday

One more

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Thursday morning

Looks like they are about done with the first section. Some good progress compared to yesterday
    Did they even start? It looks the same

I have a question and know nothing of demo.

Is any of this stuff recyclable? Do they crush the used concrete? Do they pull out any of the wire or seats?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post

Is any of this stuff recyclable? Do they crush the used concrete? Do they pull out any of the wire or seats?
    Yeah, I have those same questions. I asked spec about the aluminum…it looks some of the benches weren’t there when they demo’d part of it, but there are plenty of times where they are part of all the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post

It was answered earlier, perhaps in a different stadium thread. Short answer is “yes”. You’d have to scroll through the threads unless someone is willing to provide the details again. Pretty sure Helmet provided some details.

Yeah, I have those same questions. I asked spec about the aluminum…it looks some of the benches weren’t there when they demo’d part of it, but there are plenty of times where they are part of all the concrete.
    The concrete can be crushed and used as a road base. A good portion of the rebar can be recycled. The aluminum seats can be pulled out any time and shredded. Electric wire can be pulled out too. On many jobs the money made from recycling can equal the cost of the demolition. I suspect there will be lots of crushed concrete generated. They may have a concrete crusher on site I don't know haven't been to the site.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information