Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo party 12/11

1. Default Re: Demo party 12/11

Hopefully we get back to a totally open concourse on the first floor. I hated it when they put in the temporary‘luxury’ suites.

Default Re: Demo party 12/11

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hopefully we get back to a totally open concourse on the first floor. I hated it when they put in the temporary‘luxury’ suites.
    There will be suites on the concourse level. Towards the edges if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    There will be suites on the concourse level. Towards the edges if I remember.
    There will be patio suites on the top of the lower level similar to the SEZ going all the way down the line I believe. Then behind those there will be 2 tunnels for entrance into the concourse underneath the structure. It will not be open from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Preparing for the implosion......3 weeks
    setting the charges.................2 maybe 3 days
    Implosion ..........................1 day
    clearing up debris from implosion..3 maybe 4 weeks
    demolition of lower bowl............ 3 weeks

not to mention time required to get permits.

not really all that quicker.
    Implosion?

UL Football Re: Demo party 12/11

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Implosion?
    I knew there was pressure from the outside to get the people on the inside to do something but this takes it to a new level!

Just drove by. The end cap on the south end of the deck is gone. Punched thru the back wall of the press box on the north half.

Went by the bookstore to see what was on clearance. Have red, white and tan Columbia short sleeve “fishing” shirts, Ragin Cajun over right pocket. 21 and change out the door after RCAF discount usually $79.99, was marked down to 39.99.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Just drove by. The end cap on the south end of the deck is gone. Punched thru the back wall of the press box on the north half.

Went by the bookstore to see what was on clearance. Have red, white and tan Columbia short sleeve “fishing” shirts, Ragin Cajun over right pocket. 21 and change out the door after RCAF discount usually $79.99, was marked down to 39.99.
    Just got 2 of those shirts for myself and one for my grandson. Originally $79.99 now $19.99. Merry Christmas.

Implosion?

????????

????????
    I was under the impression there would be no implosion. Some of said as much in this thread.

UL Basketball Re: Demo party 12/11

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Current shot
    Name:  spKryKi.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  537.1 KB

Name:  6L7hiyH.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  204.2 KB

I was under the impression there would be no implosion. Some of said as much in this thread.
    somebody had said an implosion would be quicker. I was replying to that comment. It takes time to prepare for an implosion and an implosion creates the same amount of debris as conventional demolition. the key to a smooth demolition is debris handling and removal. much easier to control debris with conventional demo than with implosion.

somebody had said an implosion would be quicker. I was replying to that comment. It takes time to prepare for an implosion and an implosion creates the same amount of debris as conventional demolition. the key to a smooth demolition is debris handling and removal. much easier to control debris with conventional demo than with implosion.
    Got it…

Sure do miss Frenchie during times like this. His daily updates/pictures of projects from Ground Zero were great.

I am sure he is watching the demo closely from up above.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Sure do miss Frenchie during times like this. His daily updates/pictures of projects from Ground Zero were great.

FYI his house was for sale by owner (estate). Mrs. Babin passed earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

Yep. He always kept everyone updated on anything construction related . His daily updates were clutch

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information