Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: National Championship.

UL Football National Championship.

I know this is a useless post, but just blowing off steam.

Just saw LaSUe has a contract with McNeese to play several games over the next few years.

The P5's will not and does not want to include G5's in the national championship playoffs but want to play the G5's during the regular season. That's BS. The only reason the P5's won't give the G5's a chance in the national championship is because they are they would be way to embarrassed to lose to them on a national stage. Until there is a TRUE playoff system, and all Div. I schools are included, there never has been or ever will be a true national champion.

All G5 schools should stop playing P5 schools immediately. If we are not good enough to play you for a true championship game, then we shouldn't be good enough to play you during the regular season.

That's it.

Default Re: National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I know this is a useless post, but just blowing off steam.

Just saw LaSUe has a contract with McNeese to play several games over the next few years.

The P5's will not and does not want to include G5's in the national championship playoffs but want to play the G5's during the regular season. That's BS. The only reason the P5's won't give the G5's a chance in the national championship is because they are they would be way to embarrassed to lose to them on a national stage. Until there is a TRUE playoff system, and all Div. I schools are included, there never has been or ever will be a true national champion.

All G5 schools should stop playing P5 schools immediately. If we are not good enough to play you for a true championship game, then we shouldn't be good enough to play you during the regular season.

That's it.
    Tell that to the G5 schools which will laugh all the way to the bank. McNeese will take in $1.5 million for 2 in state games.

I like the topic and some good points.

However, we all know what it comes down to.

What I found to be very smart was the reaction to an expanded CFP. That reaction being not only a Transfer Portal but NIL. Very smart.

There is one and only one way to get Cajuns Football playing in a future January. Win.

4. Default Re: National Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Tell that to the G5 schools which will laugh all the way to the bank. McNeese will take in $1.5 million for 2 in state games.
    A mention the other day, McNeese schedules better than Louisiana does.

I'm not sure UL wants to be taken seriously on a national scale, but if they do, they'll have to start going play big conference schools on the road for a payday, 2-1s with the likes of Baylor, Houston, GA Tech, and STOP with the Kennesaws, FCS crap, and MAC H/HS. Who gives a ____ if we only have 5 home games. Nobody goes anyway. I'd rather play 2 P5s on the road. If you say you're trying then go ahead and try. Gotdamit.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm not sure UL wants to be taken seriously on a national scale, but if they do, they'll have to start going play big conference schools on the road for a payday, 2-1s with the likes of Baylor, Houston, GA Tech, and STOP with the Kennesaws, FCS crap, and MAC H/HS. Who gives a ____ if we only have 5 home games. Nobody goes anyway. I'd rather play 2 P5s on the road. If you say you're trying then go ahead and try. Gotdamit.
    As of now we might have to do 3 for 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Odds of that happening are as slim as they've ever been, regardless of the "expanded playoff" horse s***

Listen to the language coming out of every pre- and post-game show tonight. "It's not the most deserving teams, it's the four best teams"

They've built the system. There could be a 16 team playoff and they'll still pass over the UL, Tulane, Liberty, etc of the world because "could any of them REALLY beat LSU anyway?"

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I hate that response. If that is the only reason a university plays a football game, for the pay check, then why even play the game? I'll pose this question. If a school "laughs all the way to the bank, then why not play 12 "money" games and possibly go 0-12 every year but hey, the bank statement looks pretty dang good! If all a school is playing for the $$$, then why not play 12 $$$ games every year? Go independent, heck with a conference and play every game on the road. Wouldn't even need a home stadium.

Really not that bad of an idea though. After about 10 years of playing 12 money games a year on the road, you would really have a huge bank account and could use your money for NIL players and really start winning.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Odds of that happening are as slim as they've ever been, regardless of the "expanded playoff" horse s***

Listen to the language coming out of every pre- and post-game show tonight. "It's not the most deserving teams, it's the four best teams"

They've built the system. There could be a 16 team playoff and they'll still pass over the UL, Tulane, Liberty, etc of the world because "could any of them REALLY beat LSU anyway?"
    Didn't Tulane beat USC in the Cotton Bowl last year

OP was talking about competing for the national championship

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    OP was talking about competing for the national championship
    Since it ain't happening overnight (G5 in CFP) the changing landscape i.e. Tulane beating USC in the Cotton Bowl, SBC schools pulling great wins i.e. app @ aTm, Marshall @ ND, JMU ranked very high in 2nd year of FBS, etc. Louisiana is tearing down Cajun Field and when the CFP expands we'll be in a new Swamp. From my vantage point, with the incredible facilities we have built with a Trophy case that gets bigger every damn year (more or less), the removal FOREVER of that flaming dildeaux doing whatever on the sidelines, back to back AP Top 25 seasons, a period in which Louisiana had the longest winning streak in the FBS, and a front office which faces University Avenue, full of people who hate football, I say yes, nothing, NOTHING, is impossible if we get back on track, turn up the attitude, hang those f'n banners and make that bell in the SEZ ring in unison with AC/DC. impossible is nothing.

Swamp, out

Sure, Liberty ran the table with a SOS that is 133 of 133! We're about to learn how much the CFP committee values SOS if Liberty goes to Fiesta Bowl over SMU. SMU's SOS was 82. Such a screwed up system.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Sure, Liberty ran the table with a SOS that is 133 of 133! We're about to learn how much the CFP committee values SOS if Liberty goes to Fiesta Bowl over SMU. SMU's SOS was 82. Such a screwed up system.
    The committee can put smu in the ny6 game. Which would be a slap in the face to g5 since smu will be ACC next year.

I’d be fine with it. I don’t like Liberty or chadwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Our SOS was 123 and we went 6-6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information