Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Country Rice, Official Rice of Louisiana Athletics

1. Ragin' Cajuns Cajun Country Rice, Official Rice of Louisiana Athletics

The Louisiana Department of Athletics, Ragin' Cajun Sports Properties and Cajun Country Rice have partnered together to create a fun, long-lasting relationship that makes Cajun Country Rice the Official Rice of the Ragin' Cajuns.

Located in Crowley, Louisiana, Cajun Country Rice operates the Falcon Rice Mill, one of the oldest family-run rice mills in the country. Locally grown, and universally loved, Cajun Country rice has been the rice of choice for professional and homegrown chefs alike who want to make a memorable meal.

"We are very proud to announce that Cajun Country Rice is the Official Rice of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns," Robert Trahan, Director of Sales and Business Development with Cajun Country Rice said. "Our customers in Louisiana are the reason we have been in business since the 1940's. The University of Louisiana has been very special to our family, and this is our way of saying thanks!"

For the next five years, Cajun Country Rice will have considerable signage and activations across Ragin' Cajuns' athletic events, including football, basketball, baseball and softball. You never know when Memaw might just make an appearance.

"While this new partnership starts today, we're excited about how it will provide an elevated fan experience beginning with the 2024 football season," says Brian Bille, General Manager of the LEARFIELD based Ragin' Cajuns Sports Properties team. "As rice is a staple ingredient in so many Cajun recipes, while playing an important role in Acadiana's agricultural economy, we're appreciative of Robert and the Cajun Country Rice team for their commitment to our athletic program."

2. Default Re: Cajun Country Rice, Official Rice of Louisiana Athletics

Love their rice but all I read is a tap dance departure from "Louisiana Athletics"

Default Re: Cajun Country Rice, Official Rice of Louisiana Athletics

Is Memaw the rice mascot???

4. Default Re: Cajun Country Rice, Official Rice of Louisiana Athletics

I always look for locally produced products over national brands. I’ve used this particular rice whenever it’s available.

Glad they’ve partnered with UL.

Goodbye Mahatma.

Is this the same family that owned Lafayette Motors? As most of the oldsters know, Bob Trahan was the biggest Ragin Cajun supporter when they were few and far between. I believe he was presented a honorary Doctors degree form (then) USL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Goodbye Mahatma.
    Well, I’ll have to give this a try. But switching away from Toro will be a tough call. Learned from my sainted grandmother many years ago that Toro was the best, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Is this the same family that owned Lafayette Motors? As most of the oldsters know, Bob Trahan was the biggest Ragin Cajun supporter when they were few and far between. I believe he was presented a honorary Doctors degree form (then) USL.
    Not the same Robert Trahan….

Thanks

Do they make jasmine rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Do they make jasmine rice?
    Mmmm, that's all I want with my gravy these days

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    No they are not. Robbie Trahan played on the UL golf team. His son is currently playing on UL golf team. Robbie is part owner of Falcon Rice Mill located in Crowley. His dad Charles Trahan and wife Mona are great supporters of UL athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Mmmm, that's all I want with my gravy these days
    Esqueleto isn't this company from your neck of the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Esqueleto isn't this company from your neck of the woods?
    Napoleonville? We only grow sugar and crackheads in Assumption Parish

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Napoleonville? We only grow sugar and crackheads in Assumption Parish
    I might be thinking of someone else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information