19. Marshall (23,198) SB
    20. Wyoming (23,163) MW

Honorable mention: 21. SMU (22,616) AAC

Top 20 by league:
    MW: 7
    AAC: 6
    SB: 5
    Indy: 2

Not a single CUSA or MAC school made the list.

Division I-A "Bottom Ten"

Akron (MAC) 7,237
    Sam Houston State (CUSA) 8,298
    Northern Illinois (MAC) 9,456
    Kent State (MAC) 9511
    UMass (Indy) 10,598
    Ball State (MAC) 10,771
    Hawaii (MWC) 11,251
    Charlotte (American) 12,471
    Buffalo (MAC) 13,142
    MTSU (CUSA) 13,219

Worth noting the Rainbow Warriors are playing in a limited capacity facility while they wait on Aloha Stadium's replacement

MAC-tion accounts for 5 of the lowest 9 attendance averages.

Default Re: G5 Attendance

Tuesday/Wednesday MACTION has killed their fan bases. Freezing week night games instead of traditional Saturday PM games.

We would be there too if we counted butts in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We would be there too if we counted butts in the seats.
    Everyone counts tickets sold. So imagine how few butts are actually in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Everyone counts tickets sold. So imagine how few butts are actually in the seats.
    SMU made it to a P5 conference, ACC, averaging only about 22,000 tickets sold. Comments made were that the stadium was actually never more than half-filled. They should feel right at home with Wake Forest. The ACC wanted the Dallas market, but SMU hardly delivers.

3-9 USM draws better than UL I hate to say but wait until next year if we continue to have this coaching staff with no major changes. I know I'm reducing my tickets and donation to minimum to keep my tailgating spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    SMU made it to a P5 conference, ACC, averaging only about 22,000 tickets sold. Comments made were that the stadium was actually never more than half-filled. They should feel right at home with Wake Forest. The ACC wanted the Dallas market, but SMU hardly delivers.
    Difference is they are serious about football. UL more concerned with liability and ____ing off future alumni.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    That’s everybody else’s problem. I’m not worried about them. I’m concerned about our program and how we continue to lose fan support in Acadiana.

I'd still like to know how much revenue was lost this year due to poor attendance. No way UL is operating and making any sort of profit. But hey, we've got alot of folks in Athletics that have fancy titles pulling down some nice $, I'm sure.

10. Default Re: G5 Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'd still like to know how much revenue was lost this year due to poor attendance. No way UL is operating and making any sort of profit. But hey, we've got alot of folks in Athletics that have fancy titles pulling down some nice $, I'm sure.
    Think of the money (and work) they saved not doing a season ticket drive.

Some of those teams on top of list aren't that good.
    What is more important, messaging, ticket sales or winning?

12. Default Re: G5 Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    3-9 USM draws better than UL I hate to say but wait until next year if we continue to have this coaching staff with no major changes. I know I'm reducing my tickets and donation to minimum to keep my tailgating spot.
    Why bother if you feel so negative? The spot or a better one will open up for 2025

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Some of those teams on top of list aren't that good.
    What is more important, messaging, ticket sales or winning?
    What's more important is GAME DAY EXPERIENCE. Can you really say you are having enough fun to justify spending $200 (Tickets, food & drink) for a family of four to go to a football game where the kids have fun sliding down the endzone hill a few time and...... well, nothing else. The same has been true for 14 years at the men's basketball games.

Tell me you would not rather skip 3 football games and take your family with the money saved to see Garth Brooks, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Luke Combs, or whatever the big rock acts are today? If we had a team that was fun to watch, and they would do some kind of gameday activities for kids, and they would charge a FAIR PRICE FOR FOOD AND DRINK then the stands would have more people.

Look how many students don't bother to go to the games and it's their school's teams. If they don't care about supporting their teams, then why should we?

It's all about being able to pay a high school football coach $750K to lose more games than he wins, or to pay Bob Marlin $672,476 to be less than mediocre and have a team that plays undisciplined street ball.

HOW MANY USL/UL FOOTBALL COACHES SINCE 1970 HAVE HAD A CAREER WINNING RECORD? Let's give $750K a year to the only true national level coach we have at UL and see what people say. They would say we are crazy for paying a softball coach $750K. He's the only coach at UL that is winning games, getting to know his team's fans and supporters, and really cares about working toward a top 8 team and playing for a national title. (TONY CARED.... I SURE DO MISS HIM!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post

15. Default Re: G5 Attendance

This coming season will be fun at The Swamp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information