Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

1. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Which part?

"Three star players that arrive at "Talent Graveyards" only to ride the bench for 2 years don't stay 3 stars players."

Or

" Two star players at talent growth centers that hit the field as freshmen become the equivalent of 4 star players."
    . . . anything “Talent Graveyard” . . . that is pas-see . . .

Default Re: transfer portal

https://www.on3.com/db/quency-wiggins-97212/

In the portal. This was the other stud on that Madison Prep team two years ago. Hopefully Zeon shoots him a text.

3. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . anything “Talent Graveyard” . . . that is pas-see . . .
    More potential pro talent has died on the vine at P5 talent graveyards than have actually made it to the pro ranks.

4. Default Re: transfer portal

More potential pro talent has died on the vine at P5 talent graveyards than have actually made it to the pro ranks.
    . . . not the case anymore with free transfer and immediate eligibility . . . it’s almost like being independent . . .

Changes I would like to see…
    1) One transfer allowed. A second transfer means you need to sit out a season.
    2) A second transfer is allowed if you graduate or the head coach at your school leaves.
    3) Teams who lose players for more NIL money will receive a financial reimbursement by the purchasing school. For example if we are paying Gant 30k and he takes a deal at say Florida for 230k, UL gets a financial reimbursement (25% of the increase) from Florida. Think of it as transfer fee like they have in soccer. In my scenario Florida would owe us 25% of 200k. UL would get 50k for developing a top player. If we recruit well we could decide which players we want to match to manage our roster. Same would apply to us. If we grab a player from McNeese and give him 50k we would owe McNeese 12.5k.

I know this has a zero chance of happening, but this would be beneficial to everyone and level the playing field a little.

6. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Changes I would like to see…
    1) One transfer allowed. A second transfer means you need to sit out a season.
    2) A second transfer is allowed if you graduate or the head coach at your school leaves.
    3) Teams who lose players for more NIL money will receive a financial reimbursement by the purchasing school. For example if we are paying Gant 30k and he takes a deal at say Florida for 230k, UL gets a financial reimbursement (25% of the increase) from Florida. Think of it as transfer fee like they have in soccer. In my scenario Florida would owe us 25% of 200k. UL would get 50k for developing a top player. If we recruit well we could decide which players we want to match to manage our roster. Same would apply to us. If we grab a player from McNeese and give him 50k we would owe McNeese 12.5k.

I know this has a zero chance of happening, but this would be beneficial to everyone and level the playing field a little.
    So same goes for ULMost. We’d owe them $12.50 under your matrix.

UL may have the FEWEST players in the portal so far. At 2, if there is any FBS team with less than 2...... I haven't seen it.

https://247sports.com/season/2024-fo...ransferportal/

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    UL may have the FEWEST players in the portal so far. At 2, if there is any FBS team with less than 2...... I haven't seen it.

I think with our early bowl game, some may just wait until after the bowl game to enter the transfer portal. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see us being insulated from this. No school is.
    Jan. 2nd closing the door on the portal can't get here soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I think with our early bowl game, some may just wait until after the bowl game to enter the transfer portal. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see us being insulated from this. No school is.
    Some players may wait until after exit meetings to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Lets shrink the pool......40ish teams have early bowls before Christmas. Apples to apples.....UL still has the fewest players in portal. Our number of 2 is not just low, it's a statistical anomoly at this point.....it is exceptionally low.

11. Default Re: transfer portal

Lets shrink the pool......40ish teams have early bowls before Christmas. Apples to apples.....UL still has the fewest players in portal. Our number of 2 is not just low, it's a statistical anomoly at this point.....it is exceptionally low.
    I'm happy.

"Never stop recruiting"

If UL has 2 players into the transfer portal, how many transfers does Jacksonville State have right now?

13. Default Re: transfer portal

I'm happy.

"Never stop recruiting"
    . . . posters here can’t stand it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Some players may wait until after exit meetings to make a decision.
    This is what I heard as well. There will be more after the bowl game. As long as we don't lose many more of our top 10 or 15 players on the roster, that is the best we can hope for.

Ossia is coming.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information