Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

UL Football transfer portal

Since transfer mania starts next week I'm wondering if there are any indication of any players considering the portal. I have seen some name players from other schools already but haven't really heard anything from any of our players yet.

It would be nice if we had a calm transfer year and then had a good early signing period to round out the holes that need filling on the roster

Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Since transfer mania starts next week I'm wondering if there are any indication of any players considering the portal. I have seen some name players from other schools already but haven't really heard anything from any of our players yet.

It would be nice if we had a calm transfer year and then had a good early signing period to round out the holes that need filling on the roster
    I don’t have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I don’t have high hopes.
    Someone mentioned 17 players will portal out. I heard that on this site only. I do know 4 studs that we will have to have some good NIL money to retain.

4. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Someone mentioned 17 players will portal out. I heard that on this site only. I do know 4 studs that we will have to have some good NIL money to retain.
    I thought that total was portal and seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I thought that total was portal and seniors.
    Portal only.

Well at least we have 7 recruits inked

It has been speculated that CF may go the FCS route earlier this year. I wonder if after the last few weeks he gets interest from other G5s? He will be a grad transfer.

8. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Unless they changed the rules none are "inked" till their "inked"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It has been speculated that CF may go the FCS route earlier this year. I wonder if after the last few weeks he gets interest from other G5s? He will be a grad transfer.
    I know that Chandler participated in Senior Day, I have a feeling after the bowl game, Chandler will have played his last game as a Cajun. I do believe that we will see him in another uniform next year as a grad transfer. I think he knows that with ZC and "Lunch" he will be relegated to a backup at best. I hate to see the young man go as he has been exactly what the Cajuns have needed in a 3rd string QB. Most teams don't have that kind of depth at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know that Chandler participated in Senior Day, I have a feeling after the bowl game, Chandler will have played his last game as a Cajun. I do believe that we will see him in another uniform next year as a grad transfer. I think he knows that with ZC and "Lunch" he will be relegated to a backup at best. I hate to see the young man go as he has been exactly what the Cajuns have needed in a 3rd string QB. Most teams don't have that kind of depth at QB.
    Hopefully he can land somewhere and get most/all of his graduate program paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    I think we have more than 7 but they are commits at this time until they actually sign next month

12. Default Re: transfer portal

I wonder if NIL contracts are a way around signing players early?

I still haven't grasped how NIL works without school involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Pretty sure it's been said he is off to PT school. So no more college football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I wonder if NIL contracts are a way around signing players early?

I still haven't grasped how NIL works without school involvement.
    The same way "analysts" don't "coach" any players

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Pretty sure it's been said he is off to PT school. So no more college football
    No colleges with football teams also have PT programs?

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information