Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I'm talking about having to sit out a whole year. It's the only thing we can do to salvage what is left of collegiate athletics.
    Agreed, this could be an easy fix to just go back to. The NIL is tied up in so many legal issues they wont mess with it now. I would even be ok with only allowing to play immediately if a head coach leaves to go to another school (unless you follow the coach to that school)

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Just in FBS.....already at 75 QBs in portal.
    That’s laughable. Lots of b hurt coming for those with FBS dreams. FCS could benefit most.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    That won't work. Players are in portal to get larger NIL payouts. Des and staff has no larger payouts to offer.....we'd get at best whatever is left.
    It can’t all be about NIL. I’m sure a 1/3 are just looking for playing time. I’d also be ok with grabbing FCS players with a ton of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Basketball is ruined already. NIL and the NCAA/NIT move pretty much other than the power conferences has condemned the vast majority of the mid majors to one payday team each year.

FB isn’t far behind. The SBC might be a great performing G5 league, but bowl pecking order only supersedes the MAC. And the SBC got saddled with 4 of 6 MAC teams.

Baseball and softball is next. WBB overall sucks bad enough, it’s the usual gang at the top each year, no urgency to hoard that yet.
    The SBC Bowl obligations with tie-ins will be renegotiated after the 2024 season. We should be in a great position to take Bowls from the AAC and CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Playing time....never reached potential and with #4 balling out at safety, it's probably a good move..McNeese anyone?

My brothers (that I’m bailing on)…

I just wish one of the thousand plus portal guys would speak the truth. “I have a chance to earn money at XYZ University.”

Or “I can’t cut it here, so I’ll declare portal to save face”.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    My brothers (that I’m bailing on)…

I just wish one of the thousand plus portal guys would speak the truth. “I have a chance to earn money at XYZ University.”
    He hasn't really played enough to earn NIL elsewhere, but maybe his dad has connections.

He hasn't really played enough to earn NIL elsewhere, but maybe his dad has connections.
    Dude was a stud in high school. We will lose around 15-17 players in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Dude was a stud in high school. We will lose around 15-17 players in the portal.
    Are you serious? 15-17?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Are you serious? 15-17?
    It could reach that total. That is how many I heard that is thinking about entering the portal. Hopefully the staff can convince some of those to stay.

It could reach that total. That is how many I heard that is thinking about entering the portal. Hopefully the staff can convince some of those to stay.
    I guess I just need to accept it. This is the reality of College Football. I figured the numbers after Billy left were an anomaly and not an annual thing…looks like I’m wrong.

Wondering how many players will be graduating next week? Hopefully we have some type of graduation ceremony for them on Friday.

14. Default Re: transfer portal

Just because you heard it, certainly does not make it true.

It’s amazing we only have 2 in the portal so far with only 1 being a real contributor. I’m sure there will be more, but so far this is sort of best case.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information