Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Everything we have seen today with the CFP rankings and bowl game selections on top of the portal and NIL shenanigans is why I started separating myself from college football. It's fun for about 10 programs throughout the country. Why should we even watch anymore? We saw a 13-0 P5 champion get left out because their starting QB is hurt. The committee and talking heads can spin it any way they want. They left that team out bc their star got hurt. We're about to see JMU go through exactly what we went through (and are still going through) when Napier left. We will never be able to keep up with these NIL collectives willing to pay hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars to kids willing to play for their favorite college team. Gant gone, Ossai I imagine will be gone as well. I can only imagine guys like Broussard who made a name for themselves will be gone. Dare I say it? ZC likely gone. If not this year, then next year. Programs like ours have struggled since the inception of college athletics. This new age of college sports has just made it that much more difficult. Even to the point it may completely kill the G5. Which is what they always wanted anyway.
    So many frustrations and let downs to be a fan these days, unless your at the top.

College football was always the haves vs the have nots. It's just more blatant these days.

3. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know they are. But valid points don't matter around here. Some people just don't want. They don't want to hear logic, or solutions, or change. as long as it involves money, work or any additional effort. And I'm not singling out BJ here. We are run by a gaggle of people that see every single decision we make through this lens. There is a reason why we do less with more than any program in this country.
    Just so you know Western Kentucky was a famous basketball school before you were born and probably before your mom got into elementary school. Don’t recall when that blob became something, but it didn’t make Western famous.

Then there is Levi Williams. Entering the transfer portal to the Navy Seals
    https://youtu.be/ZdjLyZtFIT8?si=ajNlvMIpeqoofG9p

Wowprops to him

5. Default Re: transfer portal

Yes, and good luck to him.

Kendre Gant is a huge loss. Will he play in bowl game?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    With big money on the line I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Dez needs to realize he must go all in on the portal if he wants to save this fanbase. No more relying heavily on recruiting and player development. That just won’t cut it.
    That won't work. Players are in portal to get larger NIL payouts. Des and staff has no larger payouts to offer.we'd get at best whatever is left.

So what is the difference between not watching after a long diatribe on RP and not watching because you are a casual fan and it is festival week?

Some of the posts on here today remind me an awful lot of older posts that used to be called tin foil hat conspiracy theories
    Have the theories moved in to proven law status?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    That won't work. Players are in portal to get larger NIL payouts. Des and staff has no larger payouts to offer.we'd get at best whatever is left.
    Now they need two portals. One for NIL and one for students transferring for actual student reasons

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Just so you know Western Kentucky was a famous basketball school before you were born and probably before your mom got into elementary school. Don’t recall when that blob became something, but it didn’t make Western famous.
    Not to get off track on purpose, but since you mentioned wku; do you remember a player on their team, George Fant? He was a pretty big guy with good movement. He was drafted into the nfl. I heard his name mentioned yesterday; he is still playing with either Denver or Houston (I believe that was the game that was on when I herard his name). He plaayed back when wku was still in the SB!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Not to get off track on purpose, but since you mentioned wku; do you remember a player on their team, George Fant? He was a pretty big guy with good movement. He was drafted into the nfl. I heard his name mentioned yesterday; he is still playing with either Denver or Houston (I believe that was the game that was on when I herard his name). He plaayed back when wku was still in the SB!
    Interesting history at WKU. Look it up on Wiki.
    Played 1 year of football at WKU and only appeared in 2 games at TE. Was an UDFA in 2016.

His best sport was basketball. 4 time all conference player.

Nice to see he’s still playing in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Interesting history at WKU. Look it up on Wiki.
    Played 1 year of football at WKU and only appeared in 2 games at TE. Was an UDFA in 2016.

His best sport was basketball. 4 time all conference player.

Nice to see he’s still playing in the NFL.
    Thanks, great info!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information