Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It pains me to agree with you. This is why we average 15K…people are tired of this nonsense.
    Less than 15K. Way less.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They get an offer then enter the portal. That is kind of how it works.
    And that’s illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Gant to the portal according to Jamarcus Fitzpatrick. And word is Ossai has an offer he can’t refuse.
    It's about to get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And that’s illegal
    Oh I know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’d rather spend my money on the beach. At least I get something out of it. I’ll make an away trip depending on where we play but I’m not giving my hard earned money to these college kids that could give two shats who I am or what I do and will leave at the drop of a dime. Literally.
    More and more folks feel this way.

They get an offer then enter the portal. That is kind of how it works.
    It was sarcastic. But exposing the real issue.

Less than 15K. Way less.
    No…15K

Dez needs to realize he must go all in on the portal if he wants to save this fanbase. No more relying heavily on recruiting and player development. That just won’t cut it.

Dez needs to realize he must go all in on the portal if he wants to save this fanbase. No more relying heavily on recruiting and player development. That just won’t cut it.
    It’s a different era. Adapt or die. Building a roster is now a year to year endeavor.

This. He can still develop but they need to be looking at southland, SWAC and WAC talent that have substantial college playing time and he can develop faster.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    This. He can still develop but they need to be looking at southland, SWAC and WAC talent that have substantial college playing time and he can develop faster.
    Or P5 kids that don’t play.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https.tn__=%2CmH-R&c[0]=AT3DsHrgqoUkQfbiHL1RNzmvJlwT_pgV4ZMiDejGeh1NI_h10rsmkKweaEROaEAMMUX46tyV5UG-13PDV2tn9MZNq1St-BisLBivg0-pbJcy6kGXlQkfsGLJgM8GnjmdKBSMMZ6MC5ftX897AglN3dA87Hj1-w8AHajUsAqRnIoUX9JbKeASfnBrIKO3KUAD9-DsisgbuZaDOm7gtsk

Or P5 kids that don’t play.
    This too but I was listening to an interview with Phil Steele earlier this year and one point he made was p5 coaches are having better success going after smaller school talent with substantial playing time vs other P5 talent that’s been riding the bench…this of course is NOt good news for a school like us…

More and more folks feel this way.
    And they likely won't donate as much back as most on her have

Everything we have seen today with the CFP rankings and bowl game selections on top of the portal and NIL shenanigans is why I started separating myself from college football. It's fun for about 10 programs throughout the country. Why should we even watch anymore? We saw a 13-0 P5 champion get left out because their starting QB is hurt. The committee and talking heads can spin it any way they want. They left that team out bc their star got hurt. We're about to see JMU go through exactly what we went through (and are still going through) when Napier left. We will never be able to keep up with these NIL collectives willing to pay hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars to kids willing to play for their favorite college team. Gant gone, Ossai I imagine will be gone as well. I can only imagine guys like Broussard who made a name for themselves will be gone. Dare I say it? ZC likely gone. If not this year, then next year. Programs like ours have struggled since the inception of college athletics. This new age of college sports has just made it that much more difficult. Even to the point it may completely kill the G5. Which is what they always wanted anyway.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information