Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: transfer portal

Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    That 25 cap rule is history. Colorado signed over 50 last year.

Couple localsDT Keenan Landry/Florida (Jennings) & OT Devon Manual/Arkansas (Beau Chene) just hit the portal
    Right on.the kids that left LA should be given stronger consideration if they fit a need. Also, kids we recruited should be near the top of the listBUT these can't be the only categories to bring in a portal player (PP), the main objective is to find the best player to fill a need and help you WIN football games. I hope our staff is doing their due diligence because our peers are doing it. There's always a hierarchy in groups/teams and loyalty is one of the main tenants you expect and desire from a teammate to maintain the hierarchy. However, winning is the only true measure of fandom. Kind of a sorry situation but that's reality. Hierarchy can take many forms, but time with the program cannot be the final say in who plays and who continues to wait. Redshirts are passe' in this new world of College Football.so you either adjust or fall away and get replaced.

I think our biggest issue is coaching right now. Des and company have done a hell of a job getting talent. Would like to see some big uglies come in from the portal if there's a good fit. Considering who we may lose to the portal, we're not far off from turning this around.

Caesar listed now. Listed as WR.thought he was a DB.
    Albeit i only saw him on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I think our biggest issue is coaching right now. Des and company have done a hell of a job getting talent. Would like to see some big uglies come in from the portal if there's a good fit. Considering who we may lose to the portal, we're not far off from turning this around.
    Hey James, my jaw dropped when I read your last sentence. I mean coming from you buddy. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Hey James, my jaw dropped when I read your last sentence. I mean coming from you buddy. Haha
    LoL! Touchè touchè.

6. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Caesar listed now. Listed as WR.thought he was a DB.
    Albeit i only saw him on special teams.
    He was signed as a safety for us, never reached his full potential here. Hope he gets a chance somewhere. Maybe he is considering a change of position somewhere else because he may have been struggling to pick up at safety/db. Kid was a special athlete when we signed him, I really thought he would excel here. Sorry that it did not work out.

Des can recruit. Is in game coaching is meh…I look for that to improve next year, With Elijah Bill Davis running the ball this should help manage the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Des can recruit. Is in game coaching is meh… which is why we lost all those close games. With Elijah Bill Davis running the ball this should help manage the clock.
    If you want to win at a high level you must out recruit your peers up the middle of the offense and defense.

OL
    QB
    DL
    LB
    RB
    FS/SS

Skill position guys are a dime a dozen. Especially in Louisiana. But, high 3* OL/DL and we dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If you want to win at a high level you must out recruit your peers up the middle of the offense and defense.

OL
    QB
    DL
    LB
    RB
    FS/SS

Skill position guys are a dime a dozen. Especially in Louisiana. But, high 3* OL/DL and we dominate.
    100% correct. I see an opportunity here. I think P5 schools are going to be less likely to take 3 star HS players and instead buy proven D1 players. UL's job is to keep as much of its core intact and then fill in with 3star players the P5's are passing because the alumni are demanding a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Des can recruit. Is in game coaching is meh…I look for that to improve next year, With Elijah Bill Davis running the ball this should help manage the clock.
    Gonna need strong o-line play to control the clock. No coach or RB can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    College football is about the money now.
    If a player leaves for that reason do t let the door hit ya on the ass
    No good luck from me anymore.
    The powers that be have begun to kill college athletics
    Seems they could have set something up equitable that would not hurt other programs
    CC
    Exactly. No need for backups to post lengthy social media message that contains “with that said….” Either. This ____ is just getting silly.

12. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    100% correct. I see an opportunity here. I think P5 schools are going to be less likely to take 3 star HS players and instead buy proven D1 players. UL's job is to keep as much of its core intact and then fill in with 3star players the P5's are passing because the alumni are demanding a quick fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    . . . From the outside looking in it may not seem that difficult however there is much more to it than meets the eye . .
    . . . “And fill with 3 star players that the P5 are passing” . . . why do you think they did not make it as the 3 star they were when they were initially recruited or why do you think they are now being passed upon by the P5 the second round . . . duh, because they were never a 3 star at all and that was not determined until they stepped on the college field . . . or did not even make it there . . . Caesar come to mind . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    . . . From the outside looking in it may not seem that difficult however there is much more to it than meets the eye . .

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Exactly. No need for backups to post lengthy social media message that contains “with that said….” Either. This ____ is just getting silly.
    We live in an era where narcissism is rewarded.

14. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . “And fill with 3 star players that the P5 are passing” . . . why do you think they did not make it as the 3 star they were when they were initially recruited or why do you think they are now being passed upon by the P5 the second round . . . duh, because they were never a 3 star at all and that was not determined until they stepped on the college field . . . or did not even make it there . . . Caesar come to mind . . .
    Almost, but its much simpler than misidentification.

Three star players that arrive at "Talent Graveyards" only to ride the bench for 2 years don't stay 3 stars players.

Two star players at talent growth centers that hit the field as freshmen become the equivalent of 4 star players.

15. Default Re: transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Almost, but its much simpler than misidentification.

Three star players that arrive at "Talent Graveyards" only to ride the bench for 2 years don't stay 3 stars players.

Two star players at talent growth centers that hit the field as freshmen become the equivalent of 4 star players.
    . . . yea right . . .

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information