Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football NIL Event This Sunday

Default Football NIL Event This Sunday

https://x.com/footenote/status/1729231443312980429?s=46

Started seeing some tweets about this yesterday. Looks like 20 tables at $2,500 each. Would be interested to hear from Dave or John on how sales for this are going. Hopefully it’s a great turnout.

Default Re: Football NIL Event This Sunday

Last I heard about half the tables had been sold. Individual tickets are 500 each. This is in conjunction with the annual post season team banquet. Kevin Foote highlighted the effort in an article in this morning’s Acadiana Advocate. The official portal opening is next Monday.

How many seats at a table? Would consider buying into one if someone had a seat.

4. Default Re: Football NIL Event This Sunday

Thanks for this post. We are selling tables of 10 for $2500-5000, we still have availability. Individual tickets can be purchased for $250, $500 for a couple. Money raised at this event will directly support the NIL of many of our current student-athletes.

Here’s an example of open tampering for a player not even in the portal yet:

Sickening

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Here’s an example of open tampering for a player not even in the portal yet:

Sickening
    It doesn't take much does it when they are contacting parents, former coaches or siblings? The protal officially openings December 4th.

Any word on how the event went last night?

Hope they raised $2M

LOL, I'm definitely not throwing my money away to these "student" athletes that are just gonna take off anyway. The transfer restrictions are going to have to come back before I give another dime to these collectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOL, I'm definitely not throwing my money away to these "student" athletes that are just gonna take off anyway. The transfer restrictions are going to have to come back before I give another dime to these collectives.
    This is where I'm at. I don't have the disposable income to pay kids that aren't mine to stick around and play football for the university I graduated from. I was really considering donating to the collective, but then I caught my head and realized I should put it towards my own kids' 529s.

I appreciate John's work with the collective, but I wish he and the RCAF executive director would switch places. The collective is a rich man's game. John's "it takes an army" approach would really serve RCAF's mission better.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    This is where I'm at. I don't have the disposable income to pay kids that aren't mine to stick around and play football for the university I graduated from. I was really considering donating to the collective, but then I caught my head and realized I should put it towards my own kids' 529s.

I appreciate John's work with the collective, but I wish he and the RCAF executive director would switch places. The collective is a rich man's game. John's "it takes an army" approach would really serve RCAF's mission better.
    Exactly how I feel!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

Basically where I am at.

Is John the same guy that was head bball coach at Mcneese?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Is John the same guy that was head bball coach at Mcneese?
    Yep

15. Default Re: Football NIL Event This Sunday

Event went well last night, we have created a foundation to work from during this portal season. The game is changing. Players are being recruited while in our programs. I have had conversations with players and families. There are agents behind the scenes working. We have great young men and great leadership. The collective is a great way to enhance the experience. We are in the infancy stages. But we are so much further ahead today than we were two months ago!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information