Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Bowl Logic

Default Re: Maybe they knew all along.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    My understanding is that the coaches want the latest bowl possible. It allows them to keep practicing when the NCAA doesn't permit other teams to practice, which helps for next year.
    I’m sure most coaches in our situation would rather have a Dec 23rd bowl than a Dec 26th bowl. Three days ain’t much of a difference but it’s huge being home with family on the 24/25.

I fully expect that:

1) We will go to Birmingham on Dec 23 and Syracuse will beat us by 40+ points.
    2) Des will be given a contract extension and a raise because he got us into a bowl game 2 years in a row.
    3) We will have losing record for the next 4-seasons
    4) Des will get a pay out to leave after the 2027 season.
    5) We will have trouble finding a coach because our program will be recognized as one of those programs that will not make a commitment to football.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    I fully expect that:

1) We will go to Birmingham on Dec 23 and Syracuse will beat us by 40+ points.
    2) Des will be given a contract extension and a raise because he got us into a bowl game 2 years in a row.
    3) We will have losing record for the next 4-seasons
    4) Des will get a pay out to leave after the 2027 season.
    5) We will have trouble finding a coach because our program will be recognized as one of those programs that will not make a commitment to football.
    I could definitely see it playing out just like this, minus the bowl game.

Nothing shows lack of commitment like a $100 million stadium renovation

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Nothing shows lack of commitment like a $100 million stadium renovation
    $100 million?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    $100 million?
    By the time east side is done, it’ll be close to that.

7. Default Re: Maybe they knew all along.

The only thing that matters about this bowl game is practice time and payout. If the game is in Alaska on Jan 2nd and paying $1.5 mm, you take it over a game close in proximity in Mid-December. Distance is irrelevant at this point. This fanbase won't travel, regardless. It is demoralized and disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Our athletic department usually taking bowl reservations by now.
    I received an email saying thank you and to stay tuned for bowl ticket info. just before noon.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The only thing that matters about this bowl game is practice time and payout. If the game is in Alaska on Jan 2nd and paying $1.5 mm, you take it over a game close in proximity in Mid-December. Distance is irrelevant at this point. This fanbase won't travel, regardless. It is demoralized and disinterested.
    Didn't we play in the Artic Tundra Bowl last year for ~1.5M

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    By the time east side is done, it’ll be close to that.
    Still would like to see the actual funding breakdown for the west side because I've heard several people that know more about it than I, say that a significant amount from the state is included in the west side funding. which sounds more and more like the East is still in the silent donor phase

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Still would like to see the actual funding breakdown for the west side because I've heard several people that know more about it than I, say that a significant amount from the state is included in the west side funding. which sounds more and more like the East is still in the silent donor phase
    They are wrong.

I'd go if it were at the North Pole. I wouldn't mind stopping by Santa's workshop.

I’d add history book success, brand recognition and trophy hardware to your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Didn't we play in the Artic Tundra Bowl last year for ~1.5M
    I never knew it got so cold in The North Pole of Shreveport until last years bowl. Even Santa wasn’t around.

Payouts are dictated by tickets sold by school allotment. So distance certainly matters. Independence payout is more than Nola bowl but we didn’t make jack from last year cause we didn’t sell anywhere near close to our allotment.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information