Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Gameday Parking

Default Cajun Field Gameday Parking

Some Fan Feedback:

This is what Lot E looked like every home game this season: a lot of open grass with a few cars parked in the front. Is there a way we can turn this into General Admission parking in the future so our parking lot doesn’t look empty on Gameday?

Feel free to discuss.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Cajun Field Gameday Parking

Are you crazy!? People would have to walk over uneven terrain, vehicles would get stuck, no lane lines means more accidents.

THINK ABOUT THE LIABILITY!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Are you crazy!? People would have to walk over uneven terrain, vehicles would get stuck, no lane lines means more accidents.

THINK ABOUT THE LIABILITY!
    LOL. Nice.
    Be sure to remember this when Mardi Gras floats are rolling through the parking lot and thrill rides are moving like crazy come February.

Have Martin Hall's plans changed from this:

because that should tell you all you need to know about their plans for tailgating

The empty parking lot E is lost revenue and looks terrible to the casual fan or passerby thinking no one is at the game (lately they wouldn’t be far off)

At the game Saturday as I’m walking to the gate, I hear the parking attendants telling 3-4 cars that have pulled into Cajunfield that they have to go park at Cajundome or across West Congress and can’t park there. Take their damn $15-20 and let them park in empty E and be done with that

I'm about to buy a pink shirt, a walkie talkie, and make some money at Gate 2.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The empty parking lot E is lost revenue and looks terrible to the casual fan or passerby thinking no one is at the game (lately they wouldn’t be far off)

At the game Saturday as I’m walking to the gate, I hear the parking attendants telling 3-4 cars that have pulled into Cajunfield that they have to go park at Cajundome or across West Congress and can’t park there. Take their damn $15-20 and let them park in empty E and be done with that
    It wins on perception alone. Who wants to peak curiosity at an empty parking lot on Gameday?

If I ran a business, I would want as many people as possible parking across the street from my business. If people see a bunch of cars out front of my business, curiosity peaks. “What’s going on in there? I wonder if something big is happening today?” All those extra eyes on my business and the potential of extra people actually coming in? No thank you. And as mentioned above, think of the liability. What if someone trips and falls? What if each customer can’t have an entire aisle to themselves?

We are trailblazers. With the reduction in capacity next year, I say we only allow RCAF members giving $10,000 and up to have the opportunity to buy passes inside of CF. $500 each. It will become a status symbol in Acadiana to hold a CF lot pass. Premium experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    If I ran a business, I would want as many people as possible parking across the street from my business. If people see a bunch of cars out front of my business, curiosity peaks. “What’s going on in there? I wonder if something big is happening today?” All those extra eyes on my business and the potential of extra people actually coming in? No thank you. And as mentioned above, think of the liability. What if someone trips and falls? What if each customer can’t have an entire aisle to themselves?

We are trailblazers. With the reduction in capacity next year, I say we only allow RCAF members giving $10,000 and up to have the opportunity to buy passes inside of CF. $500 each. It will be come a status symbol in Acadiana to hold a CF lot pass. Premium experience.
    We are in no way trailblazers in athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are in no way trailblazers in athletics.
    We are trailblazers in minimizing interest in our events. Minimal interest = minimal liability. Minimal interest from outside parties = maximum control for Martin Hall. These are big brain moves. R1 moves. Harvard of the South moves. The commoners can’t be expected to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We are trailblazers in minimizing interest in our events. Minimal interest = minimal liability. Minimal interest from outside parties = maximum control for Martin Hall. These are big brain moves. R1 moves. Harvard of the South moves. The commoners can’t be expected to understand.
    Some of your best work, Zep.

I'm one of the few that park in E.

About 3 days before the first game, I went to get my pass from the Soccer/Track complex. When I was there, I asked if I could buy another E lot pass. The person in the box office said yes. Now I'm assuming that these are numbered starting from 1 to however many they print or sell. The initial one I was given was in the teens. The new one I just bought was 045. This makes sense if you count the cars.

They could easily just combine D and E and figure out how to charge for the empty wilderness that is E. It's really ridiculous. If you had 100 cars park there each game @ $10 a car, that's 6 grand a season compared to the $3,000 that they probably make if they sold 50 passes. If most people are happy to move from E to D, you don't lose the pass fee, RCAF donation and then you add a per game revenue that you didn't have before.

However, you know someone has suggested it and then someone replies that collecting money and having traffic back up onto Congress or Bertrand would be a nightmare. I disagree. I remember paying for Cajundome parking in the past for events and there was no issue. Just have your money ready, hand it off and go.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I'm one of the few that park in E.

About 3 days before the first game, I went to get my pass from the Soccer/Track complex. When I was there, I asked if I could buy another E lot pass. The person in the box office said yes. Now I'm assuming that these are numbered starting from 1 to however many they print or sell. The initial one I was given was in the teens. The new one I just bought was 045. This makes sense if you count the cars.

They could easily just combine D and E and figure out how to charge for the empty wilderness that is E. It's really ridiculous. If you had 100 cars park there each game @ $10 a car, that's 6 grand a season compared to the $3,000 that they probably make if they sold 50 passes. If most people are happy to move from E to D, you don't lose the pass fee, RCAF donation and then you add a per game revenue that you didn't have before.

However, you know someone has suggested it and then someone replies that collecting money and having traffic back up onto Congress or Bertrand would be a nightmare. I disagree. I remember paying for Cajundome parking in the past for events and there was no issue. Just have your money ready, hand it off and go.
    I park in Lot E as well. For the first game when the burn ban was in effect, I was sent to Lot C. That told me all I need to know on available space we have inside of the parking lot.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Gameday Parking

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

You are right.

It can't take longer to grab a $10 and say thank you, than it does to explain "you can't park in this empty parking lot."

. More on this later.

You cant minimize interest if there is no interest. Lafayette is not interested as a whole in Cajun athletics. I have been around here since late 70s. Met a guy at work today wearing a LSU sweatshirt he graduated from USL. I just bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information