Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Thank. I never realized the D2 playoff gap was that big.

Default High School Enrollment Post

This morning before leaving I saw a post with a link that had all the high schools in La, with their enrollment numbers and classifications. I wanted to come back and look at something, as I had to get on the road and now I can’t find it.

Anyone recall what thread it was in? Thanks

Default Re: High School Enrollment Post

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This morning before leaving I saw a post with a link that had all the high schools in La, with their enrollment numbers and classifications. I wanted to come back and look at something, as I had to get on the road and now I can’t find it.

Anyone recall what thread it was in? Thanks
    https://geauxpreps.com/home/lhsaa-un...-school-years/

Thanks I thought I saw that right. I never realized how broken the play off system is in La until I saw this. STM and Westgate are the 2 largest schools in their 4 A district. STM 1016 students they play in D2 select. Westgate 936 students and they play in D1 non select (5A).

In D2 Select STM 1016 potentially plays Delasalle 458 and Madison Prep 594 while their enrollment is much closer to Arch Bishop Rummel 1084, Edna Karr 1121, and LW Higgins 1105

D1 Non Select Westgate 936 potentially plays Dutchtown 2613, Denham Springs 2381, St Amant 2364…Wouldn’t it make more since enrollment wise if WG plays in D2 potentially against Lake Shore 846, AJ Ellender 813, and North Desoto 809 rather than the 2k plus schools.

If the split was for fairness reasons, the difference in enrollment that they are making compete against one another in the playoffs, is really unfair. I never realized how big those enrollment gaps were until now.

The moving of “schools of choice” AKA magnet public schools to “select” was done to protect the select numbers.

Wow…South Cameron (67) is now one of the smallest class C schools. Knew the storms hurt that region bad, they were 2A years back.

7. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The moving of “schools of choice” AKA magnet public schools to “select” was done to protect the select numbers.

Wow…South Cameron (67) is now one of the smallest class C schools. Knew the storms hurt that region bad, they were 2A years back.
    . . . everybody moved north to Hwy 384 and attend Grand Lake High School now . . .

Thanks I thought I saw that right. I never realized how broken the play off system is in La until I saw this. STM and Westgate are the 2 largest schools in their 4 A district. STM 1016 students they play in D2 select. Westgate 936 students and they play in D1 non select (5A).

In D2 Select STM 1016 potentially plays Delasalle 458 and Madison Prep 594 while their enrollment is much closer to Arch Bishop Rummel 1084, Edna Karr 1121, and LW Higgins 1105

D1 Non Select Westgate 936 potentially plays Dutchtown 2613, Denham Springs 2381, St Amant 2364…Wouldn’t it make more since enrollment wise if WG plays in D2 potentially against Lake Shore 846, AJ Ellender 813, and North Desoto 809 rather than the 2k plus schools.

If the split was for fairness reasons, the difference in enrollment that they are making compete against one another in the playoffs, is really unfair. I never realized how big those enrollment gaps were until now.
    They need to end the split brackets.

My hot sports opinion

Beale > Arch Manning......& it ain't close

Knew same 2 years ago....ZC > Walker

As I texted my son last night Beale is Chandler with about 3 or 4 more inches.

11. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

As I texted my son last night Beale is Chandler with about 3 or 4 more inches.
    He’s listed at 6’3” so maybe 5-6 inches

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He’s listed at 6’3” so maybe 5-6 inches
    247 has 6’2”

I just hope we can develop him and make him some very good NIL money one day. That’s what it has become.

Hutch Swilley just committed to UL

Landon Strother is aboard...

And Sam Altman

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information