Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Since my junior year at Acadiana in 99-00 they have been on a pretty dominant run. Winning multiple district and state titles. While stm has always been a strong program they didn’t start winning big until the separation of select and non select. Even when they were both in the same class (5a) in 2010, Acadiana steamrolled them in the playoffs. I give the edge to the rams

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    To be honest, it’s really close between Acadiana, STM and LCA the last 10 years. An argument could be made about each. All three top Louisiana programs.

And they’re all around 5 miles of Cajun Field.
    Football wise in the last 10 years which school has the most kids advance to the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Since my junior year at Acadiana in 99-00 they have been on a pretty dominant run. Winning multiple district and state titles. While stm has always been a strong program they didn’t start winning big until the separation of select and non select. Even when they were both in the same class (5a) in 2010, Acadiana steamrolled them in the playoffs. I give the edge to the rams
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Football wise in the last 10 years which school has the most kids advance to the next level?
    Acadiana has. Further supporting the case that sTm is the better PROGRAM…doing more with less talent.

That’s fair…but it’s 2023 and sTm has really separated themselves from everyone. But it is a valid point.

Every year stm plays and beats the best 5A private and public schools. They have the most difficult schedule year after year.

They beat the Acadiana in the jamboree and Catholic BR this year.

The split doesn’t matter, select is the better competition anyway. Why do you think Acadiana switched.

Every year stm plays and beats the best 5A private and public schools. They have the most difficult schedule year after year.

The split doesn’t matter, select is the better competition anyway. Why do you think Acadiana switched.
    They’ve just never beaten Acadiana when it mattered. I went to both schools. I have massive respect for both programs. Just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Acadiana has. Further supporting the case that sTm is the better PROGRAM…doing more with less talent.
    Have you seen how many players STM dresses out versus how many Acadiana dresses out?

Acadiana switched or the LHSAA switched them?

They need to discontinue the split playoffs. It just waters down the competition. They can't even fill the brackets and have to give some teams bye's.

Lol. Acadiana switched because they had to. Acadiana has academic programs that allow them to pull students from the whole parish. That's why they switched. Its not an optional thing

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Lol. Acadiana switched because they had to. Acadiana has academic programs that allow them to pull students from the whole parish. That's why they switched. Its not an optional thing
    Correct they didn't switch to play better competition.

13. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Thank you for making my point. Christian McCaffrey is a generational talent.
    Well his brother is pretty damned fast at Rice as I recalled. So generational seems to be somewhat overused. Regardless good luck to the STM kid. Hopefully he’ll have a great career. I seem to recall a young man here with incredible speed and also white. Some might recall him and his coaching dad?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Have you seen how many players STM dresses out versus how many Acadiana dresses out?
    I have. The feeder schools have a much better athletic foundation than anyone in the area and player retention is high. A vast majority of those kids hardly ever see action. Both schools rotate a two deep with the same numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well his brother is pretty damned fast at Rice as I recalled. So generational seems to be somewhat overused. Regardless good luck to the STM kid. Hopefully he’ll have a great career. I seem to recall a young man here with incredible speed and also white. Some might recall him and his coaching dad?
    I’m talking RB not WR.

I get what you’re saying, there is definitely pedigree involved, but Christian McCaffrey is a generational talent…no two ways about it.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information