Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    sTm has beaten Brother Martin handedly these past couple of years. They are most definitely not fools gold. That is a pretty bad take.

I agree about the split. But the teams the Cougars have rolled out these past five years or so would destroy Cougar teams of the past. Just my opinion.
    I remember not long ago with one of the best QBs STM has ever had who was an Sec signee they lost to 3A Madison Prep.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    I remember not long ago with one of the best QBs STM has ever had who was a Sec signee they lost to 3A Madison Prep.
    Correct, his Sr. year if I’m not mistaken? ZC was the Madison Prep QB.

Losses happen…definitely not saying they aren’t beatable. Just disagree with the fools gold. That program is real gold.

I remember not long ago with one of the best QBs STM has ever had who was an Sec signee they lost to 3A Madison Prep.
    The QB isn't the only player on the team.

Enough of this damn ____ing contest.

We are quickly approaching early signing period.....any actual news of commits/transfers???

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Enough of this damn ____ing contest.

We are quickly approaching early signing period.....any actual news of commits/transfers???
    This is fair…you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Correct, his Sr. year if I’m not mistaken? ZC was the Madison Prep QB.

Losses happen…definitely not saying they aren’t beatable. Just disagree with the fools gold. That program is real gold.
    When I say fools gold I’m not saying they are not good. Just saying and it’s a known fact, they control their enrollment to avoid the D1 select brackets, one of the toughest playoff brackets in America, to play a bunch of AAAs and a couple 4 As. They were 5 a for a short period and could easily still be if they selected the qualified students that apply. But they don’t, they have a very tight control on that enrollment number.

7. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

When I say fools gold I’m not saying they are not good. Just saying and it’s a known fact, they control their enrollment to avoid the D1 select brackets, one of the toughest playoff brackets in America, to play a bunch of AAAs and a couple 4 As. They were 5 a for a short period and could easily still be if they selected the qualified students that apply. But they don’t, they have a very tight control on that enrollment number.
    . . . and . . .

Are you saying they are the only private school that controls enrollment? Are you also saying they couldn't compete in the 5A, D1 bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Are you saying they are the only private school that controls enrollment? Are you also saying they couldn't compete in the 5A, D1 bracket?
    Only is a mighty big word. Most in Acadiana are starving for enrollment and trying to grow students. I am saying STM is the only one one that could have a 5 A enrollment next year if they allowed it to happen naturally..... Not necessarily saying they can’t compete in D1 just saying it’s easier to win a championship when your bracket is Northside, Istrouma, Livingston Collegiate, Booker T Washington, St Michael The Arch Angel, Belaire, Fredrick Douglas, John F Kennedy, Vanderbilt Catholic, and Ed White than it is against Holy Cross, Jesuit, CE Byrd, Carencro, Acadiana, Woodlawn, Edna Karr, Brother Martin, John Ehret, Catholic BR, ST Aug, St Paul’s, Arch Bishop Rummel, John Curtis, and Alexandria which brackets you think are harder. You see why they are intentionally controlling their enrollment now.

Only is a mighty big word. Most in Acadiana are starving for enrollment and trying to grow students. I am saying STM is the only one one that could have a 5 A enrollment next year if they allowed it to happen naturally..... Not necessarily saying they can’t compete in D1 just saying it’s easier to win a championship when your bracket is Northside, Istrouma, Livingston Collegiate, Booker T Washington, St Michael The Arch Angel, Belaire, Fredrick Douglas, John F Kennedy, Vanderbilt Catholic, and Ed White than it is against Holy Cross, Jesuit, CE Byrd, Carencro, Acadiana, Woodlawn, Edna Karr, Brother Martin, John Ehret, Catholic BR, ST Aug, St Paul’s, Arch Bishop Rummel, John Curtis, and Alexandria which brackets you think are harder. You see why they are intentionally controlling their enrollment now.
    lol. STM beat Catholic BR, Brother Martin and ASH this year. And LCA beat a few of those 5A guys this year too.

Best team in 5A this year is Ruston…in my opinion.

All of this keeping the enrollment down talk is crazy. The physical school isn’t that big…they have 4 catholic feeder schools and most of those kids go to stm. So where’s the conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    lol. STM beat Catholic BR, Brother Martin and ASH this year. And LCA beat a few of those 5A guys this year too.
    It’s different doing it 3 or for weeks in a row one after the other in November. STM’s first challenge in the playoffs this year will happen in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    All of this keeping the enrollment down talk is crazy. The physical school isn’t that big…they have 4 catholic feeder schools and most of those kids go to stm. So where’s the conspiracy?

They have already been five A in the physical school. Every year there are qualified applicants that get denied. I know that for a fact. 25 in each grade is the difference.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information