Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Recruits and Early signing period

1. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

. . . when there is a desire to win, there will be recruiting . . . when there are methods to attend any school outside of specific defined boundaries, recruiting becomes a piece of cake . . .

Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

So why are some recruiters ok and some are trash

3. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    ^^^This!

In one of Robe’s last years, there were 4 STM players on the team. No way all four were solid D1 players. Lazy recruitment.
    . . . in one of Robes last years, there were 8 starting players where each player and their parents knew me, my wife and my kids on a first name basis . . . surely it is the one you mention but it was much worse than just the 4 from STM . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    But wait I thought it was STM and LCA that does the recruiting here. Huge announcement and commitment today.

https://x.com/carson_gurzi/status/17...XihOoIR6J1Y4uA
    Wow. The football version of a Brad boyd protege

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's total bs. I meet with the office that handles transfers in Lafayette public schools when my disabled son was rezoned. We visited the school, and they did not have updated facilities to handle his wheelchair in the restrooms and enough ramps. I filled out an official request that the principal of said school supported with her comments. I was told after meeting with the person that it would go before a committee of four, but he had clearly met all the requirements for the waiver and it was just a formality. Three days later I received an email saying our request for waiver was denied. So, I called and no would call me back. I found out later that month that a kid at Northside had his waiver approved for transfer to Carencro because he had a chance to earn a track scholarship his senior year and his chances would be better with the coach for the track program.

I sent a letter from my attorney with my signature threatening to sue the Lafayette School Board under the American Disabilities Act and it was finally accepted.

Anyone that suggest recruiting doesn't happen in the public school system under the School Choice program either has no idea what they are taking about or a liar.
    Did both get to go, or was the track kid then denied?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's total bs. I meet with the office that handles transfers in Lafayette public schools when my disabled son was rezoned. We visited the school, and they did not have updated facilities to handle his wheelchair in the restrooms and enough ramps. I filled out an official request that the principal of said school supported with her comments. I was told after meeting with the person that it would go before a committee of four, but he had clearly met all the requirements for the waiver and it was just a formality. Three days later I received an email saying our request for waiver was denied. So, I called and no would call me back. I found out later that month that a kid at Northside had his waiver approved for transfer to Carencro because he had a chance to earn a track scholarship his senior year and his chances would be better with the coach for the track program.

I sent a letter from my attorney with my signature threatening to sue the Lafayette School Board under the American Disabilities Act and it was finally accepted.

Anyone that suggest recruiting doesn't happen in the public school system under the School Choice program either has no idea what they are taking about or a liar.
    I don't think anyone said it isn't done, it just for some odd reason the posters say it is ok for public to do it, but frowned upon otherwise

^^^This!

In one of Robe’s last years, there were 4 STM players on the team. No way all four were solid D1 players. Lazy recruitment.
    Baseball and Softball are the exception to the rule at times, but even then, what were the prospect rankings of those kids that signed with LSU over UL?

I can't tell how many times I was asked why UL wasn't recruiting certain football athletes in high schools in this area and I would ask them who was recruiting them at the time, almost always it was SLC state schools or even DII programs. And this was after we started winning under Hudspeth.

Different sport, WSOC, all the rah-rah “talent in Lafayette”. Here’s the reality.

https://laprepsoccer.proboards.com/t...ollege-commits

And STM’s all world player from last year went to Samford.

Seventeen appearances, one assist. No conference championship, no NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I don’t think Louisiana coaches would.
    Softball has hired STM alumni Shelly Landry
    Softball has on current roster STM alumni Gabby Stutes
    Softball has 2025 verbal commit from STM Shy Irvin

^^^This!

They also had some over at Bellhaven.

STMs huge QB recruit from U high, who’s little brother went Zachary, went to Tech for a year and then hung up football. Boy their parents sure did move a lot for football.

12. Default Re: Football Recruits and Early signing period

. . . from the Bird . . . a Holstein is in or about to be in the portal . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Did both get to go, or was the track kid then denied?
    It's in my post.

"I found out later that month that a kid at Northside had his waiver approved for transfer to Carencro because he had a chance to earn a track scholarship his senior year and his chances would be better with the coach for the track program."

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Softball has hired STM alumni Shelly Landry
    Softball has on current roster STM alumni Gabby Stutes
    Softball has 2025 verbal commit from STM Shy Irvin
    I’m speaking strictly football.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Have you seen how many players STM dresses out versus how many Acadiana dresses out?
    STM is the biggest school in the Division 2 select brackets by far. Their enrollment is closer to D1 select than it is to most of the teams in their own division. They intentionally control their enrollment to avoid D1 so they can play the ED Whites of the world and not the catholic league in NOLA and Acadiana. STM is fools gold.

Now tell us about all the championships stm had before the split?

FYI Westgate from STMs district is forced to play with the 5A schools in the playoffs. STM should too.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information