Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Demolition Thread

Default Re: Demolition Thread

Why are they not selling the bleachers and seats from the upper deck??? People would love to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    who got the championship banner?
    Lol 😂

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Funny how that works...one would think this is the biggest job in town, lol
    The demo company is from Texas. There’s a much bigger world out there outside of this “town”

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I wonder if they're going to put up a demo/construction cam in the south endzone.
    Pretty sure you can see it at https://buildtheculture.com/. Actually smart to put it here where you can also get information about the new stadium, season tickets & RCAF. Was pleasantly surprised by this development.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The process is actually starting today. There are a lot of things that need to happen in preparation before they can start taking the building down.
    Actually started last night with emptying out concourses and suites. Everyone was told to have everything out by tomorrow. A number of things now have to happen, i.e. utilities disconnect, prior to demo. There is plenty happening just not real visible to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    How many folks took some souvenirs from CF after the game last night? And what did you get?
    My friends and I got the letters from the upper deck. I got one of the A’s

7. Default Re: Demolition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    My friends and I got the letters from the upper deck. I got one of the A’s
    I might very well have one of those letters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Actually started last night with emptying out concourses and suites. Everyone was told to have everything out by tomorrow. A number of things now have to happen, i.e. utilities disconnect, prior to demo. There is plenty happening just not real visible to the general public.
    Do they remove all seating before they start garbing the concrete with that big excavator? Or do they grab aluminum and concrete all together?

I’m curious as to if there is anything salvageable before the destruction part of the demo begins. I mean, I would assume some electronic stuff from the PB, but after that not thinking g there is anything else.

Also, do we know if they plan on getting the new scoreboard set up before the 24 season? Might make all the other inconveniences to come a more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    The demo company is from Texas. There’s a much bigger world out there outside of this “town”
    So Lafayette can't support the stadium nor tear it down, geez louise

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Do they remove all seating before they start garbing the concrete with that big excavator? Or do they grab aluminum and concrete all together?
    Good question. I’m sure some people would love to get their hands on benches or chair backs seats as a souvenir

I’m sure the school wouldn’t want a free for all situation because of liability etc since everything is a liability these days

Good question. I’m sure some people would love to get their hands on benches or chair backs seats as a souvenir

I’m sure the school wouldn’t want a free for all situation because of liability etc since everything is a liability these days
    Better bring a torch to cut the bolts on the anchors of the chair backs. Plus, the entire row of seats is bolted together. Trust me, I look into taking my seats.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Better bring a torch to cut the bolts on the anchors of the chair backs. Plus, the entire row of seats is bolted together. Trust me, I look into taking my seats.
    lol. I have tools. Let’s get it

I was thinking more from a disposable aspect. The concrete can be ground up and maybe reused somewhere. But would be hard with a bunch of aluminum mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I was thinking more from a disposable aspect. The concrete can be ground up and maybe reused somewhere. But would be hard with a bunch of aluminum mixed in.
    You are probably correct it will have to be separated as the concrete recycling plants will want no part of the seats…still will probably be easier to separate after demolition than before.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information