Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Demolition Thread

Default Re: Demolition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You are probably correct it will have to be separated as the concrete recycling plants will want no part of the seats…still will probably be easier to separate after demolition than before.
    All aluminum seats and bleachers will be removed before demolition of concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    lol. I have tools. Let’s get it
    Baseball did it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You are probably correct it will have to be separated as the concrete recycling plants will want no part of the seats…still will probably be easier to separate after demolition than before.
    I suspect they will have a concrete crusher on site. Crushed concrete is easier to haul than uncrushed concrete. I also suspect they will separate the rebar prior to crushing. Crushed concrete makes a great road base.

I also suspect they will have an aluminum shredder and something to handle steel rebar.

I understand the demo guys they hired are top notch. This is not their first rodeo. The secret to a good demo job is not how fast you can tear down it's how well you handle debris. Efficient debris removal results in efficient debris production. All predicated on if you have the proper debris production and handling equipment. Equipment breakdown is the unknown and can cause the whole operation to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I suspect they will have a concrete crusher on site. Crushed concrete is easier to haul than uncrushed concrete. I also suspect they will separate the rebar prior to crushing. Crushed concrete makes a great road base.

I also suspect they will have an aluminum shredder and something to handle steel rebar.

I understand the demo guys they hired are top notch. This is not their first rodeo. The secret to a good demo job is not how fast you can tear down it's how well you handle debris. Efficient debris removal results in efficient debris production. All predicated on if you have the proper debris production and handling equipment. Equipment breakdown is the unknown and can cause the whole operation to stop.
    Here in Houston area crushed concrete is in such demand the aggravate companies will come pick up the concrete demo for free and will separate the rebar at the plants.

We recently purchase a crusher attachment for one of our excavators and doing the recycling ourselves for road base, construction entrances, and even rip rap for our Harris county flood control jobs. Saving a lot of money and gearing up to possibly start selling the rock ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    All aluminum seats and bleachers will be removed before demolition of concrete.
    I am hoping you get your hands on some.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

Just a question from someone who knows nothing about demolition. Curious as to why they didn't decide to implode it. Seems like it would be quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Just a question from someone who knows nothing about demolition. Curious as to why they didn't decide to implode it. Seems like it would be quicker.
    I’ll try for a couple reasons. To protect the field and the oak trees.

helmutVII
    “Crushed concrete makes a great road base.”

Someone needs to let LaDOT in on that secret.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    helmutVII

They know that already. They just dont understand that you just cannot just make a road out of crushed concrete. Every road I drove on every day feels like a good old gravel road.

The Evangeline Thwy. is constructed with nothing but crushed concrete!

11. Default Re: Demolition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    The Evangeline Thwy. is constructed with nothing but crushed concrete!
    That was as soon as people drove on it.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    helmutVII

If they can crush it on site, we can use it to shore up the Cajun Field parking lot.

Construction fencing was up today.

Heard that the club suite season tickets on 2025 once the stadium is complete will be $1500 per ticket actual price with a donation of $1500 to RCAF on top of that. Don't know if it is a one time donation to RCAF or yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Heard that the club suite season tickets on 2025 once the stadium is complete will be $1500 per ticket actual price with a donation of $1500 to RCAF on top of that. Don't know if it is a one time donation to RCAF or yearly.
    I’d be willing to bet it’ll be pretty close to that.

ESPN+ sounds great to me. Maybe, walk up GA tickets if I decide to go to the game.

Especially considering $120k is the new middle class income after the 30% inflation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information