Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Billy Ball

Default Re: Billy ball

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    The downfall of Florida is glorious! I will not be surprised if this is his final season as the Gators head coach. For a program as big as Florida, 11-14 does not cut it. These past 2 seasons have made Dan Mullen look like a legendary coach!
    I’d take him back as our head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    It’s amazing what obsesses some of you on this board. It’s actually comical. Many wanted a statue of this guy put up 3 years ago and now suddenly you want the man to fail. Real classy. Yet we’re all giddy about a six win season and going to some schitt bowl game. Back in the day if you lost six games or won six games, your azz went to the house. But go ahead and continue to enjoy mediocrity.
    I don't wish Billy Napier failure; I just don't care. He provided the Cajun program with its greatest four years in history. While he was here, he established a standard for this program that will be difficult to duplicate regardless of the staff that is leading this program. He is no longer part of this program; our success does not have anything to do with Napier going forward outside of the remaining athletes he recruited that remain in the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Not at billy. Just aggravated with the lack of support by our so called diehard fans here with the current regime. And the ongoing love fest with ex coaches stumbling along. Support who we have while they’re here and trust the process.

They tell the players work while you wait. Some fans need to pipe down while they wait. For success or the next coach, which ever.
    That was not the message or promise of this hire. It was supposed to be a continuation of the winning program. It has now become a rebuild while a coach gets on-the-job training. That is the type of hire you make after Baldwin or Stokley, not your apex. You can blame NIL or the portal, but other teams in the league seem to have figured that out. UL had the highest SBC operating budget for football. Going 6-6 with an SOS of 110+ is terrible ROI.

4. Default Re: Billy ball

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    That was not the message or promise of this hire. It was supposed to be a continuation of the winning program. It has now become a rebuild while a coach gets on-the-job training. That is the type of hire you make after Baldwin or Stokley, not your apex. You can blame NIL or the portal, but other teams in the league seem to have figured that out. UL had the highest SBC operating budget for football. Going 6-6 with an SOS of 110+ is terrible ROI.
    Definitely not after your apex, but I don't tgink thatvtype of hire is, appropriate after a Baldwin or a Stokley run either.

I think Desormeaux will end up being one of the greatest coaches in UL history but for a program to throw away two seasons while he "trains" is not acceptable.

They did this with golf, and many other sports.

It remains shocking that admins feel they can put programs on hold. Season ticket drives on hold. Fans on hold.

Oh wait, this is, a Billy ball thread. Well with that in mind, I hope Desormeaux has a Billy Beane move up his sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    You’re right. Keep pitch forking for at least another year.

I’m sure MH is taking notes.
    Not sure if anyone told you, you can still support the program and voice your frustrations. I'm a realist. I ain't from Missouri, but you still gotta show me. If you don't want people opineing for the old regime, then win like the old regime. Don't get mad at fans because we care. Feel free to paint rainbows and unicorns, that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't wish Billy Napier failure; I just don't care. He provided the Cajun program with its greatest four years in history. While he was here, he established a standard for this program that will be difficult to duplicate regardless of the staff that is leading this program. He is no longer part of this program; our success does not have anything to do with Napier going forward outside of the remaining athletes he recruited that remain in the program.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Not sure if anyone told you, you can still support the program and voice your frustrations. I'm a realist. I ain't from Missouri, but you still gotta show me. If you don't want people opineing for the old regime, then win like the old regime. Don't get mad at fans because we care. Feel free to paint rainbows and unicorns, that's fine too.
    I think we're fishing in the same hole (maybe pond) in terms of being a realist. In the middle of grabbing a pitchfork and painting rainbows. I think we simply differ on the threshold of success at which we hold the current regime.

Now the admin (athletics and academic) - hoping to see some improvement in communication, coordination, and marketing/outreach now that the gargantuan task of fundraising/designing CF is over, and the baton has been passed to the construction/facility guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    You can be whatever kind of fan you want. If that is a sunshine pumper, be the best sunshine pumper you can be but that won’t change the problems in the program.
    Well, I don't mean this as a flame.

But I look at programs all over the country, and one of their main problems is their fans. The fans at too many schools are sure they know more about everything, than anyone else.

Do you believe we're any different? Do our fans hurt our program? And if not, then why?

Please compose a 2,000 word essay discussing this, and submit it Friday at the beginning of class. Your comments should be brief and to the point. This will be worth ¼ of your grade.

;D

Billy did us a huge favor

If we have another $800k coach turn in ranked seasons, conference championships, 1-loss records, etc., the P5 might be a little more hesitant to try and pay him for fear of being "the next Napier"

Ya'll really don't think Billy is getting fired this year do ya'll? I mean look at his recruits coming in. I get it. losing the last 5 suck but he will get another year. I'll bet dollars to donuts he is bowling next year as well.
    I mean they ain't no Texas A&M what a mess that is.

every gator fan friend i have swears they all want him gone, erase the mistake. of course there must be some supporters, but it feels like large majority want to press reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    every gator fan friend i have swears they all want him gone, erase the mistake. of course there must be some supporters, but it feels like large majority want to press reset.
    Why does that sound so familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    Krzyzewski had 2 losing seasons his first 3 years at Duke. The Devils fans were losing their minds, they wanted him gone, they wanted him tarred and feathered, they wanted him burnt at the stake.

Which, to my mind, only shows that fans don't know as much as they think.

For that matter, they don't think. They only think they think.

I suppose at this point I should throw in the kitchen think.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Krzyzewski had 2 losing seasons his first 3 years at Duke. The Devils fans were losing their minds, they wanted him gone, they wanted him tarred and feathered, they wanted him burnt at the stake.

And there is don't know and don't know that you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

What was Duke records and success before Coach K?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information