Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    ... The only seats available will be on bleachers in the sun. You'll have to sit 20 yards from the band playing Seven Nation Army every 3 plays...
    First, that song needs to be stricken form the playlist.

Second, I'm guessing that the PA system will be not functioning next year.

Third, if we will be sharing that side with the band, they need to make it a party. Bring out the oldies, mix in the new favorites.

Respect, Hey Baby, Zydeco Boogaloo, Cornbread, etc. Learn some new favorites like Cupid shuffle, Casanova, Living on a Prayer and 2 or 3 favorites of the students.

Martin Hall needs to trust me here. The vast majority of the people who will be purchasing season tickets want this. Use this as an opportunity to reinvent the Gameday experience as a fan friendly, band focused, football event.

"New favorite"- living on a prayer, huh

Written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and Desmond Child, the single, released in late 1986,

3. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

"Make it a party."

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Good, maybe the administration will figure it out.
    This University only wants nerdy students, those not nerds are a minority and they are the one’s supporting Sports.
    This University has turned into a Liberal, woke, inclusive and diversified University.
    When I was at USL , we had around 13 Frat and 10 sororities, give or take, the Greeks were the University’s pep squad and philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    This University only wants nerdy students, those not nerds are a minority and they are the one’s supporting Sports.
    This University has turned into a Liberal, woke, inclusive and diversified University.
    When I was at USL , we had around 13 Frat and 10 sororities, give or take, the Greeks were the University’s pep squad and philanthropist
    When I was in school, Fraternities had their own houses spread around the outskirts of campus, like just about all colleges do. I have some good memories from those days. For some unknown reason, they put the Sororities in Agnes Edwards Hall instead of houses where, I assume, they remain today. Then, they built a pretty ____ty fraternity row that sucks. Greeks have never been the same.

Need a larger band, more brass (Boomers idea)....Stop the GD PA music and let the band play more in game and between plays...more pagentry...There are 2 Acadiana bands nomimnated for Grammys this year, how about a half time show or two featuring those two bands along with the POA. In fact, one has been nominated for an album with the NOLA Philharmonic backing them....Can't we ever get creative?

My nephew is a sophomore at University of Arkansas. He was telling me you cannot drink in the student section at Arkansas even if you are old enough to. And their student section stays packed.

8. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    My nephew is a sophomore at University of Arkansas. He was telling me you cannot drink in the student section at Arkansas even if you are old enough to. And their student section stays packed.
    MUSS

It really is a travesty that we can't grow our student fanbase. I earned my degree from Penn State's online campus. That university did more (and continues to do more) to make me feel part of the family than UL ever did during my two years on campus. By comparison, UL does absolutely nothing.

It would be an interesting case study to see of current RCAF members the breakdown of their student status:
    - Letterman
    - Needs
    - Greeks
    - Other
    - multiple groups
    Also by percentage of money donated...

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    "New favorite"- living on a prayer, huh

Written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and Desmond Child, the single, released in late 1986,
    Yes, but it has only become a fan favorite to sing at football games in recent years at other schools.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    When I was in school, Fraternities had their own houses spread around the outskirts of campus, like just about all colleges do. I have some good memories from those days. For some unknown reason, they put the Sororities in Agnes Edwards Hall instead of houses where, I assume, they remain today. Then, they built a pretty ____ty fraternity row that sucks. Greeks have never been the same.
    The sororities are in houses across coulee mine at the corner of souvenir gate and coliseum road. Been there for years. I guess you haven't been in town for a long time.

You're over the target..

Next question is which group of students you mentioned is most likely to be in a Green organization?

14. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

No doubt Greek Life is under assault at universities across the country. Wikipedia has a section called criticism. More rapes,for the men, more women being raped as sororities. More alcoholism for both, exclusionary,racist along with misogynistic behavior hitting the high spots.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt Greek Life is under assault at universities across the country. Wikipedia has a section called criticism. More rapes,for the men, more women being raped as sororities. More alcoholism for both, exclusionary,racist along with misogynistic behavior hitting the high spots.
    Racist? There are more historically white fraternities that have more minority members than ever before. You may be referring to the historically black fraternities they haven’t let white folk in yet.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information