Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

1. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maybe one year they’ll figure out Thanksgiving weekend crowds at UL are not that great.
    Noon on Thursday when people are off and bored is the only solution

Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Noon on Thursday when people are off and bored is the only solution
    Wait, didn’t UL try that a few weeks back?

3. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Everyone was working on that particular Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Less than 100 students at the game.
    Que Letterkenny:

To Be Fair!!!!…student attendance has always been crap on the Thanksgiving weekend games. It just is what it is.

Hey MH. Thanks for one of the worst student turnouts in College Football. Stop raising the American Flag in front your building. You are a disgrace to College Football. You are a disgrace to Acadiana.

Um that was a normal workday- not thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    well, for sure no message received...
    You’re not wrong there

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Hey MH. Thanks for one of the worst student turnouts in College Football. Stop raising the American Flag in front your building. You are a disgrace to College Football. You are a disgrace to Acadiana.
    The students and Acadiana in general won the fight. Folks are tired of the same ol crap.

9. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The students and Acadiana in general won the fight. Folks are tired of the same ol crap.
    Well deserved victory for the students who didn’t show and as always the fans who came out in dozens. Solid win.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Maybe a few less than normal, but I feel like this is pretty typical for a Thanksgiving week student crowd. Guaranteed no message sent.
    Truth.

No one won. That was an embarrassment.

I get it’s a holiday weekend, but come on. There was no one there. Regular students. Greeks. Random people.

Still, after a few days has anyone been able to answer what the Greek chapters in all these threads were penalized for? The pitchforks were up from the beginning of this week’s salvo.

What are the allegations?

12. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Maybe a few less than normal, but I feel like this is pretty typical for a Thanksgiving week student crowd. Guaranteed no message sent.
    You nailed it!!! Thanks

The Greek saga of this year didn’t cause that abysmal showing. Thanksgiving and ULM did that. If the Greeks could have partied, that woulda been 100-200 extra students today? And they would have left by halftime.

Cajun4life is right that we need to support and grow the Greek orgs moving forward. But that should be only one of a multi-part plan to increase student engagement at Our Lady.

The problem is the majority of students coming to UL grow up in SEC country around family and friends that only care about LSU. So how do you increase the amount of kids you can convert into UL football fans? That will take some coordination between MH and Reinhardt that seems to be lacking.

One non-UL led initiative is unfolding at the elementary school that my wife teaches at. Principal is a diehard UL fan and the school is UL-first.

Not an excuse. Too many schools had student overflow attendance today. Not us. This is a major problem we have to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Not an excuse. Too many schools had student overflow attendance today. Not us. This is a major problem we have to figure out.
    Nailed it. That is just an built in excuse. The administration needs to do a total reset and figure out how to market the Cajuns to Acadiana and the surrounding areas. 2024 @ OLOL will definitely be a cluster ____.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information