Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    There was more than 100 just in the band. I'm sure there was at least 1000 students in the stands. I stayed only for the first half, and no, I didn't count them, but I'm sure there was way over 100. Also, take into account that the students were on holiday this week.
    The band does count. They will be at the games anyway. Folks are talking about non activity student fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Consistency requires consistency.

If all games were consistently at 6pm on Saturday people would adjust their lifestyle for known/known events.

Moving games around all over midweek lets people get in the mode of opting out of games. This opt out mode spills into Saturdays.
    That’s just not true. All schools move games around to 11, 2:30 or night for tv it doesn’t affect other schools attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    There was more than 100 just in the band. I'm sure there was at least 1000 students in the stands. I stayed only for the first half, and no, I didn't count them, but I'm sure there was way over 100. Also, take into account that the students were on holiday this week.
    If there were 1000 students there they must have been dressed like aluminum bleachers because I surely couldn’t see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If there were 1000 students there they must have been dressed like aluminum bleachers because I surely couldn’t see them.
    Definitely less than 200 students in attendance last night.

And aren't all the players also students, don't more dress for senior day, so close to 100 if not over and certainly over when counting student managers and trainers

6. UL Football Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The band does count. They will be at the games anyway. Folks are talking about non activity student fans.
    Everyone counts required or volunteer. People in the seats are a major tool in ambiance and excitement. Frankly we should have two or three games where the Lafayette’s junior and senior class get in free coupled with food vouchers and a strong student recruiting effort

I sat in the student section, not counting the band, no more than 250 or so students.no where close to 1000

8. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

That’s just not true. All schools move games around to 11, 2:30 or night for tv it doesn’t affect other schools attendance.
    You are not paying attention.

Unless 2023 made a U-Turn attendance is down everywhere and I stated one reason.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.ge-since-1981/

You are seeing 40 years of student/greek/fan neglect come to roost.

It’s not ESPN+, it’s not the schedule, it’s not LSU. This is the result of the deliberate control and efforts by the administration for 40 years.

10. Default Re: I Guess The Students Won the Fight

Ok maybe 100 is a bit of an exaggeration. But the fact that the band has to spread out to take up space, and the fact that all a viewer sees is empty concrete over butts in seats sends a message. That message is up for interpretation.

It's hard to stage a boycott on thanksgiving weekend, just prior to the last home game. I suspect that come next season, many will have forgotten and any effort to boycott will have lost steam. Many will be interested in the new shiny stadium and will want to experience that environment.

I also agree with many on here that speaks of the game day experience. It's fine on the west side of the stadium with all the corporate TG's and their families, but the student experience has to be alluring to students to get them to come as rabid fans vs casual.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JASD View Post
    I suspect that come next season, many will have forgotten and any effort to boycott will have lost steam. Many will be interested in the new shiny stadium and will want to experience that environment.

I also agree with many on here that speaks of the game day experience. It's fine on the west side of the stadium with all the corporate TG's and their families, but the student experience has to be alluring to students to get them to come as rabid fans vs casual.
    Next season will be an abject disaster The only seats available will be on bleachers in the sun. You'll have to sit 20 yards from the band playing Seven Nation Army every 3 plays.

and from the sounds of it, the push from Martin Hall next year will be "better buy season tickets for 2024 if you want any chance of getting good seats in the new stadium for 2025"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Next season will be an abject disaster The only seats available will be on bleachers in the sun. You'll have to sit 20 yards from the band playing Seven Nation Army every 3 plays.

and from the sounds of it, the push from Martin Hall next year will be "better buy season tickets for 2024 if you want any chance of getting good seats in the new stadium for 2025"
    Sounds more like "buy season tickets for 2024 to have priority in picking seats for 2025". You can still get season tickets for 2025 without buying 2024.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SECURE TICKETS IN LOURDES STADIUM?
    Those interested in securing seats when the Ragin’ Cajuns kickoff in Lourdes Stadium in 2025 are strongly encouraged to commit to 2024 season tickets and become an active RCAF member. Stay tuned for more information coming soon.

We have no interest in marketing or drumming up interest for next season. We will simply dangle the carrot of “you'll lose your good seats for 2025 if you don’t buy 2024” and call it a day.

Terry Johnson asked our administration to do their jobs and promote for next year, and Jay piped in to tell him capacity will only be 12-15K. As if we could even routinely fill a 15K seat stadium at this point. Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SECURE TICKETS IN LOURDES STADIUM?
    Those interested in securing seats when the Ragin’ Cajuns kickoff in Lourdes Stadium in 2025 are strongly encouraged to commit to 2024 season tickets and become an active RCAF member. Stay tuned for more information coming soon.

We have no interest in marketing or drumming up interest for next season. We will simply dangle the carrot of “you'll lose your good seats for 2025 if you don’t buy 2024” and call it a day.

Terry Johnson asked our administration to do their jobs and promote for next year, and Jay piped in to tell him capacity will only be 12-15K. As if we could even routinely fill a 15K seat stadium at this point. Gold.
    I emailed RCAF about tickets the day they released the renderings. I received a canned email back and have heard nothing since.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I emailed RCAF about tickets the day they released the renderings. I received a canned email back and have heard nothing since.
    You’re lucky. I’m still waiting on a response.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information