Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
. . . ding, ding, ding . . . but people here, most without a clue, have been down on CMD for “not using the portal” and “not being able to retain the most talented” regardless of the fact you state right here . . . if you care and you can, CMD needs NIL if he is going to compete in the portal or even compete to keep the top level talent still here . . . preaching the suck will only make the suck even more . . . we have been great at magnifying suck which is really not there . . . magnifying NIL available to compete, not so much . . .
I think most of us thought the major impact of these new policies would primarily, and to some degree almost exclusively be detrimental to G5 programs. But there is a TON of this hitting the big boys this year. Eventually you have to believe this needs to be regulated, otherwise it will implode. I’ve got no beef with student athletes getting some compensation in today’s NIL world, but it’s just a free for all right now. Saw a post earlier today about Caleb Williams wanting outrageous (my opinion) compensation to play in USC’s bowl game (Holiday Bowl I think). Crazy!!