Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of Year Rivalry Game

Default End of Year Rivalry Game

Questioning if its wise being paired up with ULM for end of year game. The Monroe game might be better attended if scheduled earlier. Pin it down to the last Saturday in September or October. Then pairing us with either USM or Ark ST., whichever one is most interested, for end of year game. My vote would be USM, but Ark St. also works. In future end of year games against USM or Ark St. are likely to have more SBC West implications at stake instead of ULM. A big game heightens fan interest & TV interest, too.

2. Default Re: End of Year Rivalry Game

Timing is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the ULM game.

ULM isn’t a rival. On rivalry week. So on brand for us.

Default Re: End of Year Rivalry Game

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Questioning if its wise being paired up with ULM for end of year game. The Monroe game might be better attended if scheduled earlier. Pin it down to the last Saturday in September or October. Then pairing us with either USM or Ark ST., whichever one is most interested, for end of year game. My vote would be USM, but Ark St. also works. In future end of year games against USM or Ark St. are likely to have more SBC West implications at stake instead of ULM. A big game heightens fan interest & TV interest, too.
    Last year we played ULM in September. I think the SunBelt just puts games where they fit around every team OOC schedule.

IMO in a perfect world we would play Tech OOC every year on this week. Like Ga / Ga Tech, Fla / Fla St, Clemson / So Car…

Well tech still feels about us the way we feel about ULM. We need to schedule them and beat them to change their minds

Why don't we try to play this game earlier in the week. It is established that we will never have good attendance for this game, so why not try something outside the box, a turkey bowl, or maybe even wed. night, we would be a one and only possibly!?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Last year we played ULM in September. I think the SunBelt just puts games where they fit around every team OOC schedule.

IMO in a perfect world we would play Tech OOC every year on this week. Like Ga / Ga Tech, Fla / Fla St, Clemson / So Car…
    Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well tech still feels about us the way we feel about ULM. We need to schedule them and beat them to change their minds
    I think deep down inside tech knows we have been better than them since billy was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I think deep down inside tech knows we have been better than them since billy was here.
    They’ll need proof. I’d like some too. Haha

"IMO in a perfect world we would play Tech OOC every year on this week."

No. Just, no.

USM if it wasn’t mid week and both teams were having good seasons would have the best attendance potential IMO. I wouldn’t want to stick that after Thanksgiving personally

Of course if both teams are expected to have good seasons, it’s almost a shoe in to be moved to mid week

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "IMO in a perfect world we would play Tech OOC every year on this week."

No. Just, no.
    Why do you hate rivalry games like the aforementioned schools? There is no 2 other fan bases in this state that hate each other more than Cajuns and Nechs.

Needs to be USM or stAte. Hell I’d take App St too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Needs to be USM or stAte. Hell I’d take App St too!!!
    Can’t be App St because we don’t play every year. I think there was a time we did play Ark St at years end. The game with the crazy finish and the QB was down before the ball came out on the last play that was over turned. That was the last game a cajuns field and I think last of the season.

“There is no conversation… nor is there any interest.”

"Interferes with studying for final exams"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information