Thread: JMU makes the ESPN Bottom 10. 11.22.23

Default JMU makes the ESPN Bottom 10. 11.22.23

Dukes really look stupid dropping their legal action. Always follow the money. Even if undefeated, the powers would pick someone to jump them in the CFP poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-james-madison

Default Re: JMU makes the ESPN Bottom 10. 11.22.23

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dukes really look stupid dropping their legal action. Always follow the money. Even if undefeated, the powers would pick someone to jump them in the CFP poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-james-madison
    to be fair, JMU never had any legal action, it was the politicians to was doing all the threats of legal action. JMU was just along for the ride but it swing both ways.

Well they were told they get first slot over any 5-7 apr team.
    What else would the legal action get them?
    Be ironic if that takes a slot instead of cajuns.
    Even if approved for ny6 waiver and declared conference champ they would never get the votes

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    to be fair, JMU never had any legal action, it was the politicians to was doing all the treats of legal action. JMU was just along for the ride but it swing both ways.
    Now I don’t know which bunch of newbie whiners I dislike more, JMU or Marshall.

Someone should check the gameday stats/host data, I wager a high pct of the games are when the powers that be either hope there is an upset or at least wants to distact home team so visitors can win

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    to be fair, JMU never had any legal action, it was the politicians to was doing all the treats of legal action. JMU was just along for the ride but it swing both ways.
    Great point

They would still hand us our asses. Still not going to laugh at their efforts to try to get a waiver while they were at the time clearly in the running to be the G5 Rep for NY 6 Bowl. I’d be ____ed if we were in that spot and our leadership didn’t try to help (which we know that wouldn’t, but that’s beside the point).

Hell, at least they were 10-0 until last weekend. We can only dream about such things for our program at this point.

8. Default Re: JMU makes the ESPN Bottom 10. 11.22.23

If the rules were serious about the transition period they wouldn't allow transition teams to rank, or let other teams ride on their street cred if they defeat say a 10-0 JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    They would still hand us our asses. Still not going to laugh at their efforts to try to get a waiver while they were at the time clearly in the running to be the G5 Rep for NY 6 Bowl. I’d be ____ed if we were in that spot and our leadership didn’t try to help (which we know that wouldn’t, but that’s beside the point).

Hell, at least they were 10-0 until last weekend. We can only dream about such things for our program at this point.
    it wasn't that long ago cajuns finished a season on a 13 in a row streak.... only g5 I can find doing that was more than 5 years ago and is no longer a g5. Meanwhile a majority of the p5 reps in ny6 games didn't have 13 wins at all much less in a row

Thread Information