Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Classic Coming Soon

Default Re: Cajundome Classic Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Cajuns do have a basketball camp for youth. Usually in June
    Cool. Glad to know. Will send my kids.

I will try to remember to post the information on the Cajuns basketball camp in late spring. They have been doing this for many years through several coaches

I'm old enough to remember when coaches taught the kids all they could during course of a season and didnt hold things back to be taught at camps.
    Is the quality of coaches lower now that required camps or are there more teams and players?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when coaches taught the kids all they could during course of a season and didnt hold things back to be taught at camps.
    Is the quality of coaches lower now that required camps or are there more teams and players?
    lol.
    Camps do generate a lot of money at the same time teaches kids!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    lol.
    Maybe so. money wasn't part of the question. question is why can the coaches they play for nor teach them enough, thus requiring camps/clinics in the first place

What came first chicken or the egg, or poor coaching or clinics.
    Reminds me of travel ball baseball/Softball how everyone brings their own folding/camping chairs is it because the bleachers were bad and not kept up by parks dept or are parks not taking care of the bleachers because nobody uses them and has their own chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    lol.
    And does the money it generates go to the school/program or to the coach? (Who doesn't have to rent the taxpayer funded facilities) whereas other like bb3 have to?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Maybe so. money wasn't part of the question. question is why can the coaches they play for nor teach them enough, thus requiring camps/clinics in the first place
    Do you not see the benefit of a middle school kid going to get instruction from a danny broussard/Brad Boyd camp? Or a college coaches camp? Yeah I’m sure those biddy coaches have the same knowledge…

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Do you not see the benefit of a middle school kid going to get instruction from a danny broussard/Brad Boyd camp? Or a college coaches camp? Yeah I’m sure those biddy coaches have the same knowledge…
    I totally agree. There’s only so much I could teach them. Heck, both my kids attended camp in state as well as out of state. And it really paid off. Number 2 even went to running camps in North Carolina as well as Kansas. You need to be learning something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Fair enough. Did not say that. How did all those biddy players move up in the old days, just with their biddy coach's inferior knowledge? Or are those with knowledge no longer donating their time in an effort to build a need for the clinics? And now do HS coaches.
    Wasn't there previously a thread where HS coaches were accused of '"mandating" camp attendance just to try out or make team? Meanwhile at the taxpayer funded gym that coach does not pay rent to use?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I totally agree. There’s only so much I could teach them. Heck, both my kids attended camp in state as well as out of state. And it really paid off. Number 2 even went to running camps in North Carolina as well as Kansas. You need to be learning something new every day.
    Stop that Beau. You guys had Coach K, Coach P, Skeeter and Coach Vice.

It's funny how so many simple questions lead to arguments and or troll accusations.
    Also odd that those who accuse others of being trolls the most frequently are the one's starting the arguments, not the alleged trolls.
    If the definition of troll is someone who hates the cajuns and is secretly on here to effect the demise of the university how can any of those posts (especially questions) do that?

UL Basketball Re: Cajundome Classic Coming Soon

JAN 20th
    CAJUNDOME CLASSIC

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    JAN 20th
    CAJUNDOME CLASSIC
    Brad,
    Does one ticket allow you to come and go or are you stuck in the dome without reentry?

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    JAN 20th
    CAJUNDOME CLASSIC
    Just curious why isn't Westgate playing at the CD?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information