Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Move Away from Complacent

Default Move Away from Complacent

I believe we are complacent ! We have made great hires like Robe, Deggs, Glasco, Napier.

I believe if they didn’t care they wouldn’t of never hired these coaches in the first place, or build the IPF, or redo the Tigue, or Cajun Field.

The problem is that they do not know how to get to the next level, and when you criticize them they get butt hurt about it.

This to me is what you need to do to get to the next level .

1. Start marketing the entire Acadiana area. We need to be hitting every high school game in the Acadiana area. Get Greek organizations hand out flyers invite them to come to the football games.

2. Put billboards all over Acadiana

3. Hold fundraising events all over Acadiana

4. I get making money, but they do not want to do the work to set up tents, and have a tailgating area for common folks that just coming to the game to have a good time. Tailgating is main thing here in Louisiana and Acadiana.

5. Market the name Louisiana over Ragin Cajuns, or marketing in general

I have worked on what I think is a legit symbol for Louisiana. Like LSU, Texas, Florida, California, Nevada etc.

Name:  IMG_6189.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5896.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  63.6 KB

I think it is good enough to be as good as the best symbols in FBS.

Name:  IMG_6311.png
Views: 271
Size:  3.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6312.png
Views: 280
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6313.png
Views: 278
Size:  10.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6314.png
Size:  2.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6315.png
Views: 279
Size:  4.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6318.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  63.2 KB

Now if you think this logo compares to these other logos then that is your prerogative!

Name:  IMG_6316.png
Views: 295
Size:  100.3 KB

Whether you like the symbol or not we need a symbol that tells everyone we are Louisiana! We need to get out in the community and make a big push towards getting people to support UL .

At least make us look like a big time university instead of a small time college.

6. Come up with a damn mascot for our University!!

Then maybe we can move the needle.

Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I believe we are complacent ! We have made great hires like Robe, Deggs, Glasco, Napier.

I believe if they didn’t care they wouldn’t of never hired these coaches in the first place, or build the IPF, or redo the Tigue, or Cajun Field.

The problem is that they do not know how to get to the next level, and when you criticize them they get butt hurt about it.

This to me is what you need to do to get to the next level .

1. Start marketing the entire Acadiana area. We need to be hitting every high school game in the Acadiana area. Get Greek organizations hand out flyers invite them to come to the football games.

4. I get making money, but they do not want to do the work to set up tents, and have a tailgating area for common folks that just coming to the game to have a good time. Tailgating is main thing here in Louisiana and Acadiana.

I have worked on what I think is a legit symbol for Louisiana. Like LSU, Texas, Florida, California, Nevada etc.

Name:  IMG_6189.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5896.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  63.6 KB

I think it is good enough to be as good as the best symbols in FBS.

Name:  IMG_6311.png
Views: 271
Size:  3.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6312.png
Views: 280
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6313.png
Size:  10.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6314.png
Size:  2.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6315.png
Views: 279
Size:  4.9 KB

Now if you think this logo compares to these other logos then that is your prerogative!

Name:  IMG_6316.png
Views: 295
Size:  100.3 KB

Whether you like the symbol or not we need a symbol that tells everyone we are Louisiana! We need to get out in the community and make a big push towards getting people to support UL .

6. Come up with a damn mascot for our University!!

Then maybe we can move the needle.
    This 100000000%

Default Re: Move Away from Complacent

One of the shortest replies with one of the longest "quotes"

They have identified the peak of what we can accomplished with existing levels of donor money, funding, ticket sales, etc. They've shown how far the insiders club could take us.

To get to the next level we need the people on the outside. Question is: do they want those people?

One quote I hated it heard somewhere AD, President idk is “Best Kept Secret in Acadiana!”

I don’t know who said it during Napier years etc.

Why are we a secret, why haven’t we promoted, why haven’t we marketed? Why are we a secret at all?

We are a public university, that represents an entire area if not the state. Why are we keeping it a secret?

How many times are you gonna beat this logo crap into the ground? I lost count of how many threads were started or other threads got taken over with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    How many times are you gonna beat this logo crap into the ground? I lost count of how many threads were started or other threads got taken over with this stuff.
    This is what needs to be done!!

A logo is everything, it represent the University, Athletic Department, the area, who you are etc.

That is one of the biggest things that makes you look legit!

Either way it all has to do with marketing !!

What has the University done to market itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is what needs to be done!!

A logo is everything, it represent the University, Athletic Department, the area, who you are etc.

That is one of the biggest things that makes you look legit!
    IT. IS. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

IT. IS. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.
    Okay then that is exactly what this thread is about Complacency!!

Preach Brother, Preach!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Preach Brother, Preach!
    It’s not about the logo but it’s about complacency we can at least market and do the other 6 things I have listed to try increase our stature.

We love being stuck in LALA land literally!

All good intentions but would require that dirty little four letter word that many associated with this university don't like. It would require W..R...K. Not happening. they simply don't care.

Ok...so what's your next step? Develope and send over a marketing plan to UL Athletics? Send these logos you've been pouring out the last 6 months to Addidas and UL Marketing? Des had a hoodie on in his press conference this week that had nearly the same logo...You've outlined 6 steps, can you sell those to UL, MH, or Athletics?

Not saying you don't have some good logo ideas...you do. But other than posting them here, what are you planning to do with them? You keep posting this stuff, so you must have a "next step" plan, right? Otherwise, M$M is right....

6. Get a mascot.

Focus everyone. These 6 steps are the most important.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information