Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

I compare those in charge here to those who head to DC with the best of intentions. They go in with the love of their constituents (university) in mind. Then they get used to the salary. Then they get used to the perks. Then they get used to running in certain circles. Then they become terrified of losing all those things and fall in line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I compare those in charge here to those who head to DC with the best of intentions. They go in with the love of their constituents (university) in mind. Then they get used to the salary. Then they get used to the perks. Then they get used to running in certain circles. Then they become terrified of losing all those things and fall in line.
    Wow. Pretty hard hitting analogy there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Wow. Pretty hard hitting analogy there.
    Let me be clear, I’m not insinuating crimes and such that are attached to politicians. The concept I’m talking about was described to a T with Maggard a few weeks ago. He got his hand slapped and no longer pushing the way he was. Some acknowledged that they would walk away. He hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    If local radio and Jay Walker were as critical and asked the questions Ragin Raview guys did and we ask on here I guarantee you they would no longer have access to Maggard and the coaches for interviews.and that is where we get most of our information.
    Remember what went down when Don left the broadcast? If I remember correctly, he was VERY outspoken on his views of the football program during a broadcast. He wasn't there the next year.

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What was alleged that he said.
    Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say after the first NOLA Bowl victory.

Can't confirm this, but it was said that he made a comment saying that it was the worst thing that could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Let me be clear, I’m not insinuating crimes and such that are attached to politicians. The concept I’m talking about was described to a T with Maggard a few weeks ago. He got his hand slapped and no longer pushing the way he was. Some acknowledged that they would walk away. He hasn’t.
    I follow you. When you put it this way, they’re all govt jobs at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Since local media/radio is declining why is a larger market still a valued commodity for a team to "move up"
    TV markets drive that not local radio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information