Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Default "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

This is more of an open-ended question.

For quite awhile, I have heard from posters here that the university doesn't want as much athletic success because "it would take too much work." I have also heard that we are "too comfortable" with just settling for achieving minimal success. I have also heard from posters here that the university is taking certain actions on purpose (lack of promotions, going after the Greeks, etc.). So, let's hear what you think on the matter.

Do you think the university is/isn't taking enough steps to help our athletic program reach its goals in being the best program that we can be? Or we are too afraid of achieving large success?

2. Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

The university doesn’t want to be exceptionally successful in athletics. Don’t want THOSE people infecting OUR academics.

Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

What did Authement say about the TAMU victory, allegedly?

There is your answer.

I go back and forth on this because in my mind I can’t see how any admin wouldn’t want to be exceptional in all aspects of the university.

There is no reason that this university cannot do what Louisville, TCU, and UCF have done, and move up the ladder. This region has way too many positives for athletics for it not to, with the right admin.

Like I told you yesterday, we need someone within the university to not be meek. Stand up and say “we are those M’Fers!” Put the foot on the gas and start challenging the top dog status in the state. We may not get there but if you set the goal to push everything from academics to athletics forward, you will end up in a much higher place than we currently are.

The first part of doing that is to stop accepting “can’t” and mediocrity. Hold everyone to a standard and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    The first part of doing that is to stop accepting “can’t” and mediocrity. Hold everyone to a standard and get it done.
    The Culture of Can't has always plagued us in both academics and athletics. Sometimes, we don't see the forest beyond the trees when it comes to our potential. And I also think the legislative moves of the past has caused us to lack self-esteem in some way because of some inevitable result of having the rug pulled from under us.

In my opinion, we need to stop being afraid of our own shadow when it comes to showing the public who we are in fear of some type of retaliation from the people 60 miles to the east of us. This isn't 1960 anymore. They are not going to do anything. And if they do, social media will grill them considering the fact that they have their own issues on that side of the river that they have to deal with outside of what we are doing. We control our destiny now. It's time to take advantage and run with it at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The Culture of Can't has always plagued us in both academics and athletics. Sometimes, we don't see the forest beyond the trees when it comes to our potential. And I also think the legislative moves of the past has caused us to lack self-esteem in some way because of some inevitable result of having the rug pulled from under us.

In my opinion, we need to stop being afraid of our own shadow when it comes to showing the public who we are in fear of some type of retaliation from the people 60 miles to the east of us. This isn't 1960 anymore. They are not going to do anything. And if they do, social media will grill them considering the fact that they have their own issues on that side of the river that they have to deal with outside of what we are doing. We control our destiny now. It's time to take advantage and run with it at full speed.
    The new governor is Jeff Landry, a UL alum and a law degree from Loyola, not LSU. What better time, once he takes office, to expand our reach with R1 status as THE Flagship of the UL System and drop "AT Lafayette". Time to take BOLD steps.

Do they not like working weekends? But Ironically both camps dont like midweek games

8. Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This is more of an open-ended question.

For quite awhile, I have heard from posters here that the university doesn't want as much athletic success because "it would take too much work."
    They absolutely want as much success as is possible . without work.

Outsourcing everything possible is the proof.

9. Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They absolutely want as much success as is possible . without work.

Outsourcing everything possible is the proof.
    Stop. This is the same administration that ratted on it's own basketball program to the NCAA because the right people weren't getting credit. Which of course, gave us the death penalty and we've never fully recovered. This administration has a long history of sacrificing athletics on the altar of whatever egomaniac is in charge at the time.

They DGAF about success unless their name is attached to the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Do they not like working weekends? But Ironically both camps dont like midweek games
    I honestly wonder if they even have someone hired to handle many of the things we complain about.

When they posted the "new" job listings a few weeks ago for Director of Ticket Sales, director of sales, etc., I couldn't help but wonder how in the hell a school with a $30m+ athletic budget wouldn't already have someone on staff in ANY of those positions.

It reminds me of the Pelicans announcing this offseason that, for the first time in team history, they will have a full-time physical therapist on staff.

11. Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Stop. This is the same administration that ratted on it's own basketball program to the NCAA because the right people weren't getting credit. Which of course, gave us the death penalty and we've never fully recovered. This administration has a long history of sacrificing athletics on the altar of whatever egomaniac is in charge at the time.

They DGAF about success unless their name is attached to the achievement.
    That is not what happened.

Failing to send in your defense to the NCAA had the same DP results, but they did not turn themselves in for the Bo Lamar era.

They turned themselves in for the Robert E Lee era.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    What did Authement say about the TAMU victory, allegedly?

There is your answer.
    What was alleged that he said.

Failing to send in your defense to the NCAA had the same DP results, but they did not turn themselves in for the Bo Lamar era.

Way back during the civil war?

14. Default Re: "Too Comfortable" or "Too Complacent"

Excuse me. Raymond Blanco absolutely worked with the NCAA to destroy our basketball program. This is not an opinion. It is a historically documented fact.

Who would have ever thought that all the blood, sweat and tears and money and time that has been put into building the Louisiana we all knew we already were would be hindered by an administration that hates the concept of Cajuns Football actually having a shot at a NY6 as the top G5. Hell, the window may have actually already passed. We've even dropped when even our own conference has arguably taken the reigns as top G5.

UL wants an opinion as to how this situation can be resolved? Two words: Wake.Up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information