Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

No Money, creativity, and common sense...the 3 stooges of our administration .

What most people fail to understand is that the greek system is under attack everywhere in the US. I had a discussion with my daughter last night about the greek system at MSU (which so many like to reference). MSU has a much larger greek system than UL and when I asked she told me that the administration is constantly on the greek system. Biggest example that she gave me is that the greeks can't have music at their tailgates.

Also just do a quick google search and you will find articles like this
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=696ba...waW5pb24&ntb=1

Do I agree with this, no but it is a reality that the fraternal system is under constant attack, things that we did when I was in school even if innocent, (having associates hold a section for a football game for example are considered hazing now and can get you kicked off of campus.

There is no easy solution for this especially in the environment that we live in today, but to just blanket blame the administration is just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You know what? ____ it. Yall right. Just keep doing what yall doing. It's working ____ing great, guys! Most apathetic fan base in the country. It's no wonder we can't get fans to come to games. Same 5k old die hards sitting in the stands and coming here complaining but don't want to do ____ to make it happen. We'll you know what they say, you can ____ in one hand and hope in the other, see which fills up first. Good luck. New building...same old ____.
    Exactly. A lot of people on this board are enablers to the poor performance we are getting by the university. No matter how bad they are you keep spending your hard earned money, showing up to see a disaster and whispering how bad things are. Stop effing doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. That is called insanity (aka being a dumb azz).

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    What most people failr to understand is that the greek system is under attack everywhere in the US. I had a discussion with my daughter last night about the greek system at MSU (which so many like to reference). MSU has a much larger greek system than UL and when I asked she told me that the administration is constantly on the greek system. Biggest example that she gave me is that the greeks can't have music at their tailgates.

Also just do a quick google search and you will find articles like this
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=696ba...waW5pb24&ntb=1

Do I agree with this, no but it is a reality that the fraternal system is under constant attack, things that we did when I was in school even if innocent, (having associates hold a section for a football game for example are considered hazing now and can get you kicked off of campus.

There is no easy solution for this especially in the environment that we live in today, but to just blanket blame the administration is just ignorant.
    We aren't specifically talking about just the greek system, they are probably less than 5% of total attendance at cajun field. Even if every greek student showed up to the games it's a very low number, it doesn't move the needle one iota.

A very public boycott by EVERYONE is what is needed for 1 game next year to show the administration we are sick and tired of their crap. Their response, or lack thereof, will show you exactly how much they care about us fans. Some of you think the winds will change and all of a sudden UL will get out of their own way. It's never happened in the past and won't happen until they are forced to do so. No one opposed to a boycott yet has come up with a reasonable alternative that will work. News alert: ____ing and moaning on RP hasn't worked, silently not showing up for games hasn't worked, wanting to be chummy with UL admin hasn't worked, coming up with new ideas the admin "should do" hasn't worked.

Unfortunately they can brush off a boycott for '24 very easily because

(1) the cameras will be pointed at a pile of rubble anyway

(2) "people didn't show up because of the ongoing demolition/construction

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Unfortunately they can brush off a boycott for '24 very easily because

(1) the cameras will be pointed at a pile of rubble anyway

(2) "people didn't show up because of the ongoing demolition/construction
    Make it public so they can't brush it off.

Bruh I'll happily grab pitchforks with you dorks over other issues, but I'm not going to boycott a team of students that put in a ____ ton of work year-round just to feign support of another group of students that can't party like they want to. And while I 100% support unrestricted Bourbon St. level of partying, I'm not going to miss a football game to fight for their right to party. Also, while it's easy to always take the opposite side of MH, we don't know if these frats deserve their social suspensions. Cue me being called a MH apologist for thinking on this rationally.

That doesn't make me apathetic. It doesn't mean I have "battered woman syndrome." It doesn't mean I have Stockholm syndrome. Doesn't make me an enabler. Some of y'all need to smoke or chew the devil's lettuce and chill out.

8. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Bruh I'll happily grab pitchforks with you dorks over other issues, but I'm not going to boycott a team of students that put in a ____ ton of work year-round just to feign support of another group of students that can't party like they want to. And while I 100% support unrestricted Bourbon St. level of partying, I'm not going to miss a football game to fight for their right to party. Also, while it's easy to always take the opposite side of MH, we don't know if these frats deserve their social suspensions. Cue me being called a MH apologist for thinking on this rationally.

That doesn't make me apathetic. It doesn't mean I have "battered woman syndrome." It doesn't mean I have Stockholm syndrome. Doesn't make me an enabler. Some of y'all need to smoke or chew the devil's lettuce and chill out.
    Which is why I said we need an FOIA submission.

Bruh, you need to work on your reading comprehension. The greek issue is just a small pimple on a gnat's ass and not the only reason to boycott. It's simply 1 item in a long list of items that are worthy of a boycott so our admin can get the point and get their ____ together.

Anyone boycotting over just the greeks isn't making a dent in the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Bruh, you need to work on your reading comprehension. The greek issue is just a small pimple on a gnat's ass and not the only reason to boycott. It's simply 1 item in a long list of items that are worthy of a boycott so our admin can get the point and get their ____ together.

Anyone boycotting over just the greeks isn't making a dent in the problem.
    Ok, what issues do you want fixed for you to avoid a boycott? Do you have the list of items handy? You boycotters need to be more organized.

And I assure you I have no trouble with my reading comprehension, you just have a communication issue.

I'm done in this thread anyway until more information comes out. I look forward to reading the formal list of demands.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    We aren't specifically talking about just the greek system, they are probably less than 5% of total attendance at cajun field. Even if every greek student showed up to the games it's a very low number, it doesn't move the needle one iota.

A very public boycott by EVERYONE is what is needed for 1 game next year to show the administration we are sick and tired of their crap. Their response, or lack thereof, will show you exactly how much they care about us fans. Some of you think the winds will change and all of a sudden UL will get out of their own way. It's never happened in the past and won't happen until they are forced to do so. No one opposed to a boycott yet has come up with a reasonable alternative that will work. News alert: ____ing and moaning on RP hasn't worked, silently not showing up for games hasn't worked, wanting to be chummy with UL admin hasn't worked, coming up with new ideas the admin "should do" hasn't worked.
    This has been my overall theme to my questions. im glad some have touched on it in previous post. a very large part of these threads and complaints have become centered around the greeks. maybe 4k total on their good days. it leaves so much more unaddressed. boycott for the 4k when 30k seats are empty. the math just not mathing. add the greeks into the overall problem, but the greeks cannot be the face of the problem.

MH will not care, because they feel the rules are in place for safety and a good reason. they continue to welcome and invite the greeks, so like a parent that tries to do its best for their kids, even when the kids dont like it, MH most likly feel the same way.

You think this is just about the greeks???

A boycott was proposed in a thread about UL assaulting Greek life. If it's not just the greeks, let us know exactly why we should be boycotting and how UL can avoid being boycotted.

But by all means, y'all stop spending your hard-earned money on RCAF membership, UL Alumni Association, and season tickets if the decisions and track record of MH/Reinhardt have ____ed y'all off so bad. Completely understandable. But I don't think our players deserve to be hurt by a boycott due to the actions/inactions of MH/Reinhardt.

Ok, what issues do you want fixed for you to avoid a boycott? Do you have the list of items handy? You boycotters need to be more organized.

And I assure you I have no trouble with my reading comprehension, you just have a communication issue.

I'm done in this thread anyway until more information comes out. I look forward to reading the formal list of demands.
    Look forward to it? Dude you been on this board before? LoL! The list of demands is gone over ad nauseum over here.

I look forward to hearing this board still _____ing and moaning about every said issue in that list of demands.....in perpetuity. Enjoy the insanity.

15. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Something about the Romans too and building a new stadium in one day instead of someday.

It's all very confusing, Pompeii might be involved too because someone said theirs not enough pomp and circumstance at football games. I'll need to dig deeper on that one.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information