Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How about this. Maybe ALL students boycott this last game. And everyone bring an old t-shirt with an R.I.P. written on it, to the game and slide them over the backs of all the seats in the student section. Let that camera see all those empty seats with RIP t-shirts on the seats. Make a statement!!!
    Student seats have no backs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I do and will continue, but I've sort of had a mental paradigm shift towards college athletics, especially after the dawn of the NIL/Transfer Portal era. I don't live or die by the success of our programs anymore. I still donate/contribute/attend, but honestly the money floating around college football is obscene now-a-days. I truly think A&M boosters ____ing away $160 million just to fire a coach drove that point home for me.

To nerd out and quote a recent Star Wars line, in regard to college athletics, "I like the idea of it...but not the truth."
    0%

Name:  Screenshot_20231120_083751_Gallery.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  260.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This whole thing is laughable. We are driving away future donors and alumni who groups like the RCAF will be calling in the next 10 years asking for donations.

This school is afraid of its own shadow sometimes.
    im sorry for asking, about how many greeks students are we driving away? are all students at the university a greek member? yes each one matters, just wanted to get a scope on the number of students.

4. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    im sorry for asking, about how many greeks students are we driving away? are all students at the university a greek member? yes each one matters, just wanted to get a scope on the number of students.
    A different Greek org and members being acknowledged at each home game would be nice.

It would also give you a visual to answer your question.

Don’t know the exact number, but the bigger picture involves generational bonds and generational giving.

Cracking down on the Greeks today leaves a bad memory a decade from now. USL is figuratively killing off future donors. Those folks mostly will not be future fans, much less donors.

Does anyone know what the problem was with the fraternity that got punished? Please be specific, don't bother to say it was just the university taking revenge on students. I don't think we should get the torches and pitchforks out until we know why this happened. I cannot imagine someone was just sitting in MH and said, "let's have some fun and put a fraternity on double secret probation." I am curious to know the why.

Unbelievable.
    I'm so over this BS. Maybe EVERYONE needs to boycott these games. And yes, I'm serious. Maybe if no one showed up for the games, they'd get the picture. We have a whole off-season to plan a boycott. We have a WHOLE LOT of leverage with them wanting to open a new stadium. Would suck if it were empty on game day. These clowns won't change until they're hit in the pocketbook. HARD!
    The sooner Governor Landry can replace T-Slow after he takes office the better. The new president needs to clean house

The Greek students are generally the most connected and tied in student to the university. I despise Greek organizations, but understand we should be moving towards 40% of the student population involved in Greek organizations.

Completely renovate fraternity row and make it part of the forefront of the athletic/research park of campus.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Don’t know the exact number, but the bigger picture involves generational bonds and generational giving.

Cracking down on the Greeks today leaves a bad memory a decade from now. USL is figuratively killing off future donors. Those folks mostly will not be future fans, much less donors.
    i understand that, which is why i said, each one matters. I just feel like we have students that are not greeks that either show up and support, or dont and can be fought to bring in the fold. seem like all the anger is only about the rules that the greeks choose not to be at the games about. so i wondered how many greeks are we talking about?

feels like generational bonds are being missed from non greek students also, and those issues are not the same rules that the greeks are upset about. how do they get attention to be corrected?

i understand that, which is why i said, each one matters. I just feel like we have students that are not greeks that either show up and support, or dont and can be fought to bring in the fold. seem like all the anger is only about the rules that the greeks choose not to be at the games about. so i wondered how many greeks are we talking about?

feels like generational bonds are being missed from non greek students also, and those issues are not the same rules that the greeks are upset about. how do they get attention to be corrected?
    Maybe if they actually tried to create a bond between the university and its students. We all know they don’t do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I do and will continue, but I've sort of had a mental paradigm shift towards college athletics, especially after the dawn of the NIL/Transfer Portal era. I don't live or die by the success of our programs anymore. I still donate/contribute/attend, but honestly the money floating around college football is obscene now-a-days. I truly think A&M boosters ____ing away $160 million just to fire a coach drove that point home for me.

To nerd out and quote a recent Star Wars line, in regard to college athletics, "I like the idea of it...but not the truth."
    Fair assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Does anyone know what the problem was with the fraternity that got punished? Please be specific, don't bother to say it was just the university taking revenge on students. I don't think we should get the torches and pitchforks out until we know why this happened. I cannot imagine someone was just sitting in MH and said, "let's have some fun and put a fraternity on double secret probation." I am curious to know the why.
    This is not some isolated incident. It's a continuing pattern of MH pushing the Greeks/students away.

This is not some isolated incident. It's a continuing pattern of MH pushing the Greeks/students away.
    We get that, but there have been multiple references specifically to homecoming as the "last straw", and we're just wondering what happened.

Is this related to the stories of a gun or guns being pulled ?

I know the greeks are well defended on here, i am starting to wonder about the remaining students, someone earlier said greeks were approaching 40% student population, that leaves 60+ % of students we can also see what they want to attend games, those are also generational bonds that can be formed, and they seem to be an afterthought to the greeks. im not saying stop fighting for greeks, just that there are other students that dont have the same issues as what the greek face, and why not fight for them also, sometimes.

someone earlier said greeks were approaching 40% student population, that leaves 60+ % of students we can also see what they want to attend games.
    Think they were saying that Greeks SHOULD be approaching 40% of the student body

From Wikipedia: "The Greek community at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is composed of 23 organizations, governed by four councils.[68][69] In 2022, 6% of undergraduate men and 13% of undergraduate women were active in the UL's Greek system"

For reference: " In 2019, 16% of undergraduate men and 27% of undergraduate women were active in LSU's Greek system"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information