Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

1. Default UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Can someone with time and experience please file an FOIA request pertaining to this "cease and desist" situation? It's time we get some facts on this BS:

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

For anyone that can't see the screen grab, here's the text:

"UL has decided to strike again against Greek Life. Now that Family Weekend and Homecoming is over, they don't need Greeks anymore. UL has decided to place 3 Frats on Cease and Desist without any evidence and 1 Frat on Social Suspension for an entire year. These are also the largest frats on campus.

With this being said, these chapters won't be allowed to go tailgate and members will not be allowed to attend the Football game to support our athletes.

I would also like to clarify what happened the last time they decided to "shut down the Greeks" earlier on the semester. After Greeks made the news headlines, the university back tracked and said their intention wasn't to "not let us drink" , they just wanted to simply remind us about the rules. I can confirm this is false, because the Greek Dean went into the fraternity council meeting and said they were told by their hire ups to enforce all rules regarding drinking games. The way that I see this, is that their office started getting a whole bunch of calls and they decided to turn a blind eye.

The way I see all of this, is that since they couldn't get their way early on the semester, they are trying to shut down all the fraternities with false allegations. Just seems crazy how 3 of the 8 frats (who also happen to be the largest) get hit with the same "allegations" the same week. The 1 frat that got on Social Suspension, was due to an "unregistered event" that happened BEFORE homecoming week. But they decide to sanction them now (nearly 3 weeks after homecoming week).

Hope y'all could do some digging on this and help out the Greek community at UL."

Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Unbelievable.
    I'm so over this BS. Maybe EVERYONE needs to boycott these games. And yes, I'm serious. Maybe if no one showed up for the games, they'd get the picture. We have a whole off-season to plan a boycott. We have a WHOLE LOT of leverage with them wanting to open a new stadium. Would suck if it were empty on game day. These clowns won't change until they're hit in the pocketbook. HARD!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Unbelievable.
    I'm so over this BS. Maybe EVERYONE needs to boycott these games. And yes, I'm serious. Maybe if no one showed up for the games, they'd get the picture. We have a whole off-season to plan a boycott. We have a WHOLE LOT of leverage with them wanting to open a new stadium. Would suck if it were empty on game day. These clowns won't change until they're hit in the pocketbook. HARD!
    80% of potential inhabitants of the stadium have been doing a silent boycott all season and no one seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    80% of potential inhabitants of the stadium have been doing a silent boycott all season and no one seems to care.
    Hard to argue brother

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Maybe the remaining 20% will do the trick. I mean, what else do we do at this point. These people literally don't give a damn. There's only one last option....the nuclear option. Everyone stay home.

Only way to create and grow new fans is to start with the students.

This is why I keep saying that this university hates its students and doesn't want to build a fan base

Show up for the Seniors. Don’t do that!

Don’t know if is coincidence, I read on BN&B months back they were experiencing the same deal with Greeks and tailgating. Couldn’t find Greek post, but I found this…

They might have also discovered that Tech tailgating was at its apex before we kept cutting the parking lot off for gold tags that never showed at 8:30 AM! They might have also discovered that eliminating student tailgating in the park also eliminates students at the games. They might have also discovered that adding more restrictions to ticket sales doesn't actually increase ticket sales. On and on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I’m not saying people definitely should. However, if this is what it takes so that future senior classes don’t play in front of empty student sections their entire careers, a show of support for our current students would be worth it.

Personally I still say we bring in tarps and cover up as much of the student sections as we can. Message being those sections won’t be necessary if this crap continues.

11. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Who else can possibly boycott? Aside from players’ relatives, who else is attending these games? I have season tickets and haven’t been to a game yet. Our final home game is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The attendance will rival a jury trial.

What percentage of total student organizations does the Greek system make up?

Seems of any student group the Greeks have more tools at their disposal than the average student.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Can someone with time and experience please file an FOIA request pertaining to this "cease and desist" situation? It's time we get some facts on this BS:
    Thank you for speaking up for Greeks! I am concerned UL will do long term support damage, similar to the generations of fans we lost in the late Stokley and Baldwin years. Some of these kids are traveling to Baton Rouge on Saturday's because nobody _____ with them there.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Then this will never end. I was referring to next season, however. Make it a thing prior to the season starting. Let them know we won't show up until they fix this ____. I realize most won't do it, but having the leverage of them needing people to show up to fill this new stadium for themselves, the donors and the advertisers. Make them feel that pressure. Nothing will ever change, otherwise. For the future existence of the program, you NEED the students to not only support the program now, but it's literally our future life blood. If you think we have no fanbase now, wait until our already older fanbase we have, dies off. We have to stop being short-sighted. I promise you ______ will pucker if there's a big movement to boycott prior to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Then this will never end. I was referring to next season, however. Make it a thing prior to the season starting. Let them know we won't show up until they fix this ____. I realize most won't do it, but having the leverage of them needing people to show up to fill this new stadium for themselves, the donors and the advertisers. Make them feel that pressure. Nothing will ever change, otherwise. For the future existence of the program, you NEED the students to not only support the program now, but it's literally our future life blood. If you think we have no fanbase now, wait until our already older fanbase we have, dies off. We have to stop being short-sighted. I promise you ______ will pucker if there's a big movement to boycott the season.
    We have already decided to drop our six season tickets for next season.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information