Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We will not be at the game. I let my money do the talking. We just need many more to show the administration we mean business.
    Agreed. But they seem to be clueless as to why people are letting their money do the talking. Maybe we do a fundraiser for a few billboards as well to voice our displeasure.

2. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    No offense but did anyone ever consider that perhaps the athletes are ____ed about the things Martin Hall is doing that hinders attendance at their games?!?!?! The attendance is already crap.terriblepathetic.miserable. So going from 7k in attendance to 1k, while shaming the administration to get off their ass and do better, for 1 game isn't the end of the world.

It's crazy that as a fanbase this is what we have to resort to so the admins will listen to us. But what's even crazier is for us all to keep doing the same thing, proposing ideas on a message board that won't ever make it in the right hands and continuing to show up at games and giving the appearance that things are acceptable. No matter the situation it's all about controlling the narrative and the one that controls the narrative wins. Right now we (fans) aren't controlling the narrative, we are crowing in the background and the die hard fans are showing up religiously for more ____ sandwiches.

One game of boycotting will go a LONG way with the proper message conveyed as to why there is a boycott. Anything less of a stance/message is just a hope and everyone knows hope isn't a strategy.
    I don't think you're wrong but don't forget that crowd when we hosted Troy FB last year. 7K fans bothered to show up for the best team in the SBC. How did MH and Athletics respond in 2023? Abysmal marketing, attacked the student orgs, digital tickets to an ancient fanbase and played the silent game with the stadium renovation renderings. Lol

It's an SNL skit.

3. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

There have been games where no students showed up.

If the Greeks boycotted, I wouldn't know the difference.

Instead start an initiative to get the Greeks more involved so that someday their presence will be appreciated by all.

4. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

It's an SNL skit.
    SNL

Students Not Loved

A boycott is stupid. Just do you and show up. Why even worry about all that crap. Plenty of ways to drink and have a good time. Guess that’s today’s society. Always wanting to do some kind of protest or organized movement.

I dont think it's stupid per se, but a boycott of a stadium that's already 80% empty is pretty pointless

Guarantee the PA guy still comes on few minutes before kickoff: "alllllllrrrrright Cajuns fannnns! Let's get looouuud!" as if the stadium is full as ever

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    A boycott is stupid. Just do you and show up. Why even worry about all that crap. Plenty of ways to drink and have a good time. Guess that’s today’s society. Always wanting to do some kind of protest or organized movement.
    You obviously don’t know how hard Martin hall is intentionally making it on the students and trying to prevent them from “just drinking and having a good time”. Boycott or not a message needs to be sent.

8. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

I did a quick search

Depaul: "Building something better together"
    https://www.depauw.edu/campus-life/greek-life/

UL: "Is Going Greek for Me?" "Help! My Child Wants to Go Greek!"
    https://greeklife.louisiana.edu/

Slightly different vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You obviously don’t know how hard Martin hall is intentionally making it on the students and trying to prevent them from “just drinking and having a good time”. Boycott or not a message needs to be sent.
    No Boycott. Especially in Senior day. Bad message! The players are students also. Show up if you can make it! Geaux UL!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I'm ____ed. You're ____ed. Everybody is ____ed. I got so mad this Season that I had to retract 3 messages I dropped here on the RP. I even killed my monthly donation. Now that's bad. Any boycot idea will only hurt Louisiana more. I fully understand anyone wanting to go medieval but it will only hurt Louisiana more. Us becoming Cajun Mafia will not have a constructive end. The U knows there are no one at the games but at the same time there are smart moves being made by having incoming freshman enter the Swamp through the tunnel, taking photos on the field, having graduation ceremonies on the playing surface (all great ideas) but here is where things go crazy, fining students during games! No drinking games! Herd like cattle to the practice field and separate from Cajun Nation! WTH is going on! Demonizing the greeks! That's 50% of the damn student turnout.

It doesn't make since. But any type of boycott will simply injure the Athletes who chose to come play ball for Louisiana. They'll be second guessing why they chose UL, and that's when the tide will turn.

Just my take, as a Cajuns alum but more importantly a Fan.
    Some of yall have battered woman syndrome. Yall act as if this admin is just gonna have a change of heart and start doing the right thing. They won't. But hey, cue up "don't stop believing". It's pure insanity. I'm gonna ruin the movie, but guess what? Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown.AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Some of yall have battered woman syndrome. Yall act as if this admin is just gonna have a change of heart and start doing the right thing. They won't. But hey, cue up "don't stop believing". It's pure insanity. I'm gonna ruin the movie, but guess what? Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown.AGAIN.
    Aliight tuff guy. What you wanna do

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There have been games where no students showed up.

If the Greeks boycotted, I wouldn't know the difference.

Instead start an initiative to get the Greeks more involved so that someday their presence will be appreciated by all.
    Yeah, start their own initiative. Remove all accountability from this administration. LoL! Stop letting these clowns control everything. Make a very public show of a boycott in their first year in their shiny new stadium and watch how they respond. If they finally do something, then we won. And we now know how to hold their feet to the fire. If they do nothing, then EVERYBODY knows that they don't care. And at that point, if you still want to pour your time, money and energy into a place that despises you, great. Knock yourself out. But we HAVE to force their hand. Let's find out once and for all, definitively, where they really stand on Cajun athletics. And it will be on display for EVERYONE to see. Not just the handful of us on a message board. BOYCOTT!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Aliight tuff guy. What you wanna do
    Boycott! Did you not read any of my several posts here?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    You're right. Do nothing, just like this administration.

You know what? ____ it. Yall right. Just keep doing what yall doing. It's working ____ great, guys! Most apathetic fan base in the country. It's no wonder we can't get fans to come to games. Same 5k old die hards sitting in the stands and coming here complaining but don't want to do ____ to make it happen. We'll you know what they say, you can ____ in one hand and hope in the other, see which fills up first. Good luck. New building.same old ____.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information