Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    The Greeks were not the cool cats when I was in College at UL. It was the non Greek student population at UL when I was in college. Greeks were bigger at ULM than at UL in the early 2000s from my experience. The general UL student population was way bigger than the Greeks.
    Don’t let the Greeks dictate this ____. Support the team.
    Speaking from experience at both colleges. Since when do the Greeks speak for the whole student population? Student population is way bigger than the Greeks. Don’t boycott ever. That’s some stupid ____.
    The Greeks make up 90% of the tailgate and 80% of the people in the stands. The others are the very silent, absent, no show, majority.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The chapters may be banned from having events if that is actually the case but their members can still attend. They are still students. And Greek sanction against a chapter can’t impact that. We need them there.
    Part of that band is they are not allowed to set up at the student tailgate or get together at their houses. That’s how you bring them together for game attendance. They ain’t coming if they can’t tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    1. We have to stop self imposing a tether to the Baldwin era. It’s not fair to our current student athletes and fanbase to look at “bowl eligibility” seasons and say, “wow. We would have killed for this 20+ years ago” and act like that’s good enough. It’s not. The standard has been raised since then. We have people donating to RCAF, and they are being told those donations are an investment. Bowl eligibility was something to be excited about in 2005. It’s 2023. In your words, let’s change and adapt. Let’s recognize our new standard and let that be our metric of success.
    2. “Support your university.” I do. I buy season tickets. I give what I can to RCAF. However, this is NOT the pitch we should be making to the community. That implies this is a charity and people should attend/give out of the goodness of their hearts and because it’s the “right” thing to do. While we may have a few thousand left who do for that reason, it is no way to grow our BUSINESS. I’ll say it again: this is a business. Not a charity. Let’s act like it. Which brings me to point 3.
    3. Let’s run this thing like a business. You want to tell 18-21 year olds to change and adapt to the times? How about decision makers at this university? We are still using setups and pricing models for tailgating that were enacted in the Hud era. We are still acting like there is demand for the entire Cajun Field parking lot to be an RCAF lot despite the RCAF steadily scraping by at 2,000 members. If you run a business and you have 6 of your 30 tables seated and a customer complains that their dish is undercooked, do you scold them and tell them they are the reason your restaurant is empty? Why are we hellbent on turning away the few people left with an interest? Great student crowd to start last season and we corralled them in 2 sections and lined the sections with security like a pen. Closing game against Georgia Southern I took a pic of a security guard standing immediately behind the couple students we had on the rail just waiting to jump them for saying the wrong thing. What BUSINESS operates this way? None. It’s embarrassing.

I’m not saying one way or the other if students should boycott. If they think it’s in their best interest, so be it. This university is not acting in the best interest of what little it has left in terms of athletic support. I’ll most likely never stop, but it’s exhausting to keep propping this thing up because “it’s the right thing to do” when the people who are actually in charge wanna cut the legs out anyway.
    Great post Zeppelin. What is crazy is they are still at the 2000 member level 15-20 years later. Just think how much lower the number who be if some season ticket holders weren't force to donate to rcaf.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Great post Zeppelin. What is crazy is they are still at the 2000 member level 15-20 years later. Just think how much lower the number who be if some season ticket holders weren't force to donate to rcaf.
    That is not unique to here. Every school in America that has a foundation has a fee attached to the purchase of season tickets. Which is how most of the money is generated.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That is not unique to here. Every school in America that has a foundation has a fee attached to the purchase of season tickets. Which is how most of the money is generated.
    My point is the RCAF foundation has been stagnant. They have never grown the foundation.

stagnerant
    That’s a new one.

It occurred to me T-Joe’s athletics is the front porch interview has been buried and forgotten next to YG’s plaque.

The Greek issue and game day fleecing of tailgate spots keep taking people off the front porch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It occurred to me T-Joe’s athletics is the front porch interview has been buried and forgotten next to YG’s plaque.

The Greek issue and game day fleecing of tailgate spots keep taking people off the front porch.
    Where is the YG plaque buried at?

9. Default Re: UL's Assault on Greek Life Escalates

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s a new one.
    Derived from the words 'stagnation' and 'ignorance' the inability to figure out how to get moving in a desired direction due to not knowing which direction you are headed in.

Stagnate, ignorant.

"Stagnerant"

Where is the YG plaque buried at?
    I’m not in the inner ring. But obviously it’s where every great thing UL has athletically goes to be forgotten intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m not in the inner ring. But obviously it’s where every great thing UL has athletically goes to be forgotten intentionally.
    I know where it is but sworn to not say.

I know where it is but sworn to not say.
    LOL. Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Ima former Greek and I understand, but it is what it is with the times. The constant _____ing and moaning doesn’t help. adapt. If you can’t change and adapt then you fall behind and miss out on things.
    You think this country is what it was 20 years ago? NO!
    Dude, do you even understand what's going on???? You do know it's not just the greeks, right? I don't think you do. Do you know we had this same upheaval when they had UP kicking students out the stadium earlier this year. Standing in the student section like gestapo, just waiting for someone to be a fan so they can boot them? Your kinda myopic on this whole issue.

What do you think we should do? You are ridiculing our students who are vocal saying they are _____ing and moaning. What about the other 16,500 who have silently not been showing up for their classmates? You say we should listen to their voice. Why aren’t you listening? They are using it even if you don’t hear it. Why isn’t the university changing and adapting?

Maggard complained in an interview a few weeks back about our “negative” fans claiming they were doing more harm than good. That’s shortsighted. He is talking about the few people left who care enough to even bother. The rest of this community is checked out and on to other things. Why are they checked out? Does it have to do with us hiring an unqualified coach, zero promoting, ticketing issues, gameday operations failures, etc etc? Nope. It’s those pesky negative fans. You are basically throwing out the student version of this argument and it’s weak and tired.
    Fkn spot on Zep!!!

1. We have to stop self imposing a tether to the Baldwin era. It’s not fair to our current student athletes and fanbase to look at “bowl eligibility” seasons and say, “wow. We would have killed for this 20+ years ago” and act like that’s good enough. It’s not. The standard has been raised since then. We have people donating to RCAF, and they are being told those donations are an investment. Bowl eligibility was something to be excited about in 2005. It’s 2023. In your words, let’s change and adapt. Let’s recognize our new standard and let that be our metric of success.
    2. “Support your university.” I do. I buy season tickets. I give what I can to RCAF. However, this is NOT the pitch we should be making to the community. That implies this is a charity and people should attend/give out of the goodness of their hearts and because it’s the “right” thing to do. While we may have a few thousand left who do for that reason, it is no way to grow our BUSINESS. I’ll say it again: this is a business. Not a charity. Let’s act like it. Which brings me to point 3.
    3. Let’s run this thing like a business. You want to tell 18-21 year olds to change and adapt to the times? How about decision makers at this university? We are still using setups and pricing models for tailgating that were enacted in the Hud era. We are still acting like there is demand for the entire Cajun Field parking lot to be an RCAF lot despite the RCAF steadily scraping by at 2,000 members. If you run a business and you have 6 of your 30 tables seated and a customer complains that their dish is undercooked, do you scold them and tell them they are the reason your restaurant is empty? Why are we hellbent on turning away the few people left with an interest? Great student crowd to start last season and we corralled them in 2 sections and lined the sections with security like a pen. Closing game against Georgia Southern I took a pic of a security guard standing immediately behind the couple students we had on the rail just waiting to jump them for saying the wrong thing. What BUSINESS operates this way? None. It’s embarrassing.

I’m not saying one way or the other if students should boycott. If they think it’s in their best interest, so be it. This university is not acting in the best interest of what little it has left in terms of athletic support. I’ll most likely never stop, but it’s exhausting to keep propping this thing up because “it’s the right thing to do” when the people who are actually in charge wanna cut the legs out anyway.
    I only wish I could've said it this well!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information