Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: QB1...

  1. #31

    Default Re: QB1 ÖÖ

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Here we GEAUX
    Exactly what I said when I saw you posted another CF QB1 thread.

  2. #32

    Default Re: QB1 ÖÖ

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This ain't it, Boot. I'm happy for Chandler, but Zeon won the job for a reason. Without him, we might have 3 wins this year. His legs alone kept us in the Texas St game long enough to mount a comeback.
    Dual threat QBS do 2 things. Win games and get hurt.

  3. #33

    Default Re: QB1...

    Chandler has played only 2 full games and has over half of ZCís passing yardage. Thought that was interesting when I looked up the stats last night.


  4. #34

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Been telling u guys for 2 years . Just imagine if he got the reps and was allowed to be the man all this time .
    Jake D didnít practice well either but was a gamer and a gun slinger
    Chandler threw to 12 diff players yesterday
    Against southern miss, Harvey and Broussard had five catches in the previous five games he only had four combined ..

    I know what this kid is made of Ö if the players dig deep we can pull off the Dub and likely end up with a better opponent, and then we did when we were # 16 in the nation

    A way give credit where it is due

    That is to CF
    Memo, he played as well as he can, and it didn't make a difference. Not his fault, but anytime our offense can't run the football we are not going to win. So, if you are saying he is a better passer right now than Chriss, that's a no brainer. Is he that type of runner that threatens a defense with his legs like Zeon, no. And when you can't run the football, having a QB that is a threat to take it the distance and give the defense something else to defend. That's simply not what this offense was under Napier and Certainly is under Coach Des. We were winning with a freshan QB because he was a dual threat..

  5. Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Been telling u guys for 2 years . Just imagine if he got the reps and was allowed to be the man all this time .
    Jake D didnít practice well either but was a gamer and a gun slinger
    Chandler threw to 12 diff players yesterday
    Against southern miss, Harvey and Broussard had five catches in the previous five games he only had four combined ..

    I know what this kid is made of Ö if the players dig deep we can pull off the Dub and likely end up with a better opponent, and then we did when we were # 16 in the nation

    A way give credit where it is due

    That is to CF
    Letís get serious. We didnít score nearly enough to win. The stat that matters is the W. This team needs 33 plus points to win.

  6. #36

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Let’s get serious. We didn’t score nearly enough to win. The stat that matters is the W. This team needs 33 plus points to win.
    That sounds like a defensive problem not a QB problem.

  7. #37

    Default Re: QB1 ÖÖ

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dual threat QBS do 2 things. Win games and get hurt.
    ...and we're all out of winning, lol

  8. #38

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Chandler has played only 2 full games and has over half of ZC’s passing yardage. Thought that was interesting when I looked up the stats last night.
    Did we win?

  9. #39

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Did we win?
    Take a look at our rushing yards in those two games vs others.

    Look, maybe if we had an offensive structure and scheme that maximized what Chandler does best, then he would likely be the best option at QB. However, we don't have that. We have a scheme where the QB needs to be able to make plays with his legs. Chandler did that on a couple plays vs. Troy very nicely. Kudos to him.

    But Zeon can do that on a consistent basis, and that is what our offense with the players and coaching scheme needs. We don't have an offense like Michigan or the 49ers.

    Don't know why I keep participating in this thread. It's honestly a ridiculous one to rehash. Zeon Chriss is our QB1.

  10. #40

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Did we win?
    No. Our Defense couldn't stop Judice middle. That game was lost on lack of tackling in space. Period. But of course the QB gets all the blame.

    Having said that I would like to see the rest of the game if they get the 3 and out and not the bogus PI call. Cajuns had all of Ms Menum's son Meaux on their side at that point.

  11. #41

    Default Re: QB1...

    I am curious. How many injuries do we have that n defense?


  12. #42

    Default Re: QB1...

    We scored same or more than 75 percent of their opponents over last two years... they have won over 85pct of their games in last two seasons


  13. #43

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Take a look at our rushing yards in those two games vs others.

    Look, maybe if we had an offensive structure and scheme that maximized what Chandler does best, then he would likely be the best option at QB. However, we don't have that. We have a scheme where the QB needs to be able to make plays with his legs. Chandler did that on a couple plays vs. Troy very nicely. Kudos to him.

    But Zeon can do that on a consistent basis, and that is what our offense with the players and coaching scheme needs. We don't have an offense like Michigan or the 49ers.

    Don't know why I keep participating in this thread. It's honestly a ridiculous one to rehash. Zeon Chriss is our QB1.
    The thread rehash is needed because original thread(s) did not arrive at the conclusion you have.... I am not arguing one way or the other, just remembering the thread(s)

  14. #44

    Default Re: QB1...

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No. Our Defense couldn't stop Judice middle. That game was lost on lack of tackling in space. Period. But of course the QB gets all the blame.

    Having said that I would like to see the rest of the game if they get the 3 and out and not the bogus PI call. Cajuns had all of Ms Menum's son Meaux on their side at that point.
    The defense is a problem, I noted that in another post. Not being able to run the football is the most glaring issue. As I said, Fields played as good as he can play in my opinion. We didn't lose because of him, but we didn't when either. Dropping back and throwing the football 38 times against a front we can't block only stops the clock on incompletions and sacks put you behind the chains. With a running game and running QB, the clock keeps running after first downs and you can shorten the game. You can't do that chunking the ball around 38 times in a game when you can't run the football and you can't stop the other team from running the football.

    Napier's offense wasn't built that way, and neither is this one.

  15. #45

    Default Re: QB1...

    Instead of qb1 and qb2 why don't we geaux with qb V and QB W or QB r and qb C?
    Keep the opponent guessing


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •