Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Was A Great Day

1. UL Football Saturday Was A Great Day

Today was a great day. For the first time in 24 years, I didn't watch/listen/care what happened with UL football. I just saw the result and was refreshed to know I made the right call.

I spoke with athletics last week, canceled season tickets and withdrew all RCAF payments. I used to fear this day, but I realized UL sports are for entertainment - there's better value for my family in other places.

I hope it changes in the future, and I come back. But today was great and I got to hike a mountain with my family. WORTH IT!

Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Sad & disheartening post knowing your history and how much you care. We cannot afford to lose ANY fans especially long-time supporters & alumni. WE NEED TO CULTIVATE our fanbase and pass that on to our kids.

What are the biggest 2-3 reasons that have changed your feelings? Also why does this apply to all of our programs and not just Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Today was a great day. For the first time in 24 years, I didn't watch/listen/care what happened with UL football. I just saw the result and was refreshed to know I made the right call.

I spoke with athletics last week, canceled season tickets and withdrew all RCAF payments. I used to fear this day, but I realized UL sports are for entertainment - there's better value for my family in other places.

I hope it changes in the future, and I come back. But today was great and I got to hike a mountain with my family. WORTH IT!
    I’m trending this way as well! Good for you on the realization!

This is what I have been saying for a while. I’ve slowly stopped caring if we win or lose. I want us to win and will never pull against us, but the results don’t bother me anymore.

If on game day I don’t feel like going to Cajun field, I just watch from home and if I feel my blood pressure rising, I just change the channel. I have a lot of interest and unless the university shows some consistency in the way they run the athletic department, I’ll prioritize my other hobbies even more.

I haven’t watched a minute of UL basketball in over 2 seasons and I can do the same with football.

…Bye.

There is a difference between "I give up" and "I'm done". To tell you the truth "I'm done".

7. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

So the point of the post is to tell everyone that you are done? Did you stomp your feet on the way out too so that mom knew you were mad?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Sad & disheartening post knowing your history and how much you care. We cannot afford to lose ANY fans especially long-time supporters & alumni. WE NEED TO CULTIVATE our fanbase and pass that on to our kids.

What are the biggest 2-3 reasons that have changed your feelings? Also why does this apply to all of our programs and not just Football?
    This doesn't apply to softball or baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    This doesn't apply to softball or baseball.
    “I realized UL sports are for entertainment - there's better value for my family in other places.”

I thought yesterdays game was very entertaining. I would love to see the true out come with out the bogus PI call and we actually get the 3 and out there that we deserved.

What is most frustrating to me is that in the span of the last 25 years we have gone from FCS losses and 1 win seasons under Baldwin to now being just two years removed from consecutive seasons as the only ranked team in this state (our greatest football seasons), with the longest win streak in the nation yet here we are bleeding fans/alumni support and attendance is trending back to the Baldwin years.

The failure to capitalize on the Napier years is what I find disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I thought yesterdays game was very entertaining. I would love to see the true out come with out the bogus PI call and we actually get the 3 and out there that we deserved.
    Good point. It was a huge, awful call that I think the ref knew was wrong. I don't think they wanted a chance for an upset. The TV commentator admitted it was terrible and probably offensive PI.

No one here cares about your walk through the mountains. This is a Cajuns forum to talk sports not family walks. I had a great day on my patio watching a pretty dang entertaining football game with my lovely wife and kids. Did we get the outcome we wanted? No. Will we be there to supports our alma mater and home town team next week? Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    What is most frustrating to me is that in the span of the last 25 years we have gone from FCS losses and 1 win seasons under Baldwin to now being just two years removed from consecutive seasons as the only ranked team in this state (our greatest football seasons), with the longest win streak in the nation yet here we are bleeding fans/alumni support and attendance is trending back to the Baldwin years.

The failure to capitalize on the Napier years is what I find disheartening.
    Now you're making sense.

15. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The old adage about winning in spite of refs usually allows for time in the game to overcome.

That striped "game interference" was unacceptable, especially in the closing minutes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information