Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Saturday Was A Great Day

Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

I didn't take New Mexico's sincere post as he's DONE. He's just done right now. Sometimes its healthy to take a step back. You just care and want the best, so you buy tickets, donate, etc. and TRUST the resources will be applied appropriately. College football is big business these days. Those administering our resources should be held to a high standard. Its very exciting the stadium project is coming to fruition. The renderings reflect a first class football facility. More than ever we need more ticket buyers and tail gaters. Management needs to do extensive outreach. Survey fans asking the simple question: "what will it take to get you back?" Then listen. The chief complaint might not be the price of a ticket. Maybe its tailgating restrictions or whatever. Point being they need to find out and fast. Otherwise management comes across as not caring leading to even worse fan apathy than present.

2. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    I didn't take New Mexico's sincere post as he's DONE. He's just done right now. Sometimes its healthy to take a step back. You just care and want the best, so you buy tickets, donate, etc. and TRUST the resources will be applied appropriately. College football is big business these days. Those administering our resources should be held to a high standard. Its very exciting the stadium project is coming to fruition. The renderings reflect a first class football facility. More than ever we need more ticket buyers and tail gaters. Management needs to do extensive outreach. Survey fans asking the simple question: "what will it take to get you back?" Then listen. The chief complaint might not be the price of a ticket. Maybe its tailgating restrictions or whatever. Point being they need to find out and fast. Otherwise management comes across as not caring leading to even worse fan apathy than present.
    And how many times have we heard this exact same experience from a fan? It happens WAY too often here, a place that needs every dime and butt in seat that it can scavenge up.

One way loyalty is stupidity. Giving your money to people that continually prove that they have no idea what to do with it is also stupidity. The majority of us are apparently fine with being stupid, I suppose. But I'm certainly not going to chastise someone for being smarter than we are when it comes to ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We will not be at the game but if you see cjr3888 have a beer with him.
    Well, I'm not a drinker, but you know me. I'll sit and chop it up with any Cajuns fan. Even ones I disagree with or give a lot of $#!+ to on here. I mean, if I can meet and be friends with Vic outside of here, I can be friendly with anyone! I learned he's a good dude. Just an annoying $#!+ on here. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It's a fruitless endeavor with some, like him. They think it's some sort of badge of honor. It saddens me when I hear ANOTHER fan is done. I'm not mad at them because I completely understand. But some here would rather act smug like Martin Hall is gonna let them sit on their lap and give them some sort of prize. People like that are so damn myopic. Instead of encouraging fans to hang in there, they say, frankly, dumb $#!+ like, "it's strange you would come here to tell us you're done." Those folks will be sitting with less and less fans. They share the same smug, don't care attitude as Martin Hall. But hey, he's a "tough" Cajuns fan. Whatever that means. I'm still going to games and supporting the program, too. But I'm also not $#!++!ng on fans that aren't anymore.
    Solid post. I'm in the same boat. I'll be there but I'm not going to criticize someone that's not at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Unfortunately, this admin has isolated itself and shut out the fans. Former players, long time fans and supporters have been ignored, dismissed and shut out completely. They sit in their ivory tower and turn their noses at us. They'd rather ignore us and isolate themselves than listen and work with us. It's counterproductive and a head scratcher. But if they don't change, this new stadium smell is gonna wear off and we'll find ourselves in the same position we're in.

I honestly wish I could walk away. I'm always gonna be there supporting the players. It gets harder and harder every year. I NEVER thought I'd walk away from being a Saints fan. But about 5 years ago, I did. And I can tell you how much better my Sundays are without it. Hope I dont get there with the Cajuns.
    So after 3 really good years, you want to walk away after two years of .500 ball? Or is it an over reaction to a let down of a season? I agree this season is a let down, but to say you wish you could walk away after two years of .500 seems like you’re just ____ cause it’s what everyone else is doing

7. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

I just love how people act like history started when Billy got here. How about, we've invested (WE THE SUPPORTERS OF UL) millions into great facilities after decades of having nothing to support major collegiate athletics. We built a standard through Hud and Billy. Failing to capitalize on those realities is much more than two .500 seasons. Especially when you consider the weak schedules we've played.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    So after 3 really good years, you want to walk away after two years of .500 ball? Or is it an over reaction to a let down of a season? I agree this season is a let down, but to say you wish you could walk away after two years of .500 seems like you’re just ____ cause it’s what everyone else is doing
    JTJ is one of the best UL fans that I know. He has a right to _____.

Well, I'm not a drinker, but you know me. I'll sit and chop it up with any Cajuns fan. Even ones I disagree with or give a lot of $#!+ to on here. I mean, if I can meet and be friends with Vic outside of here, I can be friendly with anyone! I learned he's a good dude. Just an annoying $#!+ on here. LoL
    If you buy me a beer, it better not be a Natty. I refuse to raise my beers standards above the classic Coors Light.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Go back to the original post and read slowly and tell us again he’s a “fair weather” “bandwagon jumping” fan…
    Never said NM was either of those. I do not know him. I apologized for my jump. I will support my University through thick and thin. No apologies, no 'pause' switch when they do something I disagree with(unless it's egregious. Looking at you Liberty) and no cape needed, james.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    "seems like you’re just ____ cause it’s what everyone else is doing"

That what you think? LoL! You really think this is only because of last 2 years??? Or are you just asking and you didn't think this through?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information