Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Was A Great Day

1. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

No sir, I love all this school is and has given me. My choice was based on the feedback I received from those in charge.

I was probably wrong to post all I did, and I ask for everyone's forgiveness. The point, though, was that university management doesn't care about my money or presence - my family does.

It isn't any sport, it's management. My heart breaks for the kids. The coaches get only so much credit, as they make many more times the salary I do. But, management needs to know this (I'm sure some still read this site).

Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    No sir, I love all this school is and has given me. My choice was based on the feedback I received from those in charge.

I was probably wrong to post all I did, and I ask for everyone's forgiveness. The point, though, was that university management doesn't care about my money or presence - my family does.

It isn't any sport, it's management. My heart breaks for the kids. The coaches get only so much credit, as they make many more times the salary I do. But, management needs to know this (I'm sure some still read this site).
    I think everyone probably understands your frustration, for sure. Also hard to read tone in text. Apologies if I came off as harsh, as well.

Today was a great day. For the first time in 24 years, I didn't watch/listen/care what happened with UL football. I just saw the result and was refreshed to know I made the right call.

I spoke with athletics last week, canceled season tickets and withdrew all RCAF payments. I used to fear this day, but I realized UL sports are for entertainment - there's better value for my family in other places.

I hope it changes in the future, and I come back. But today was great and I got to hike a mountain with my family. WORTH IT!
    Question…did they bother to try to keep you on board?

4. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Don’t apologize because some people can’t handle the truth. More and more people are coming to the same conclusion you did. The people complaining about your post don’t get it. And that’s fine.

I hate to lose a supporter but I completely understand it.

They all read this site and some even post on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    What? Obviously you do you but if you are really done with UL, just walk away. It seems strange that one needs to come to a Cajuns forum to let everyone know they are done with the Cajuns. Tough times don't last, tough Cajuns fans do!!
    Oh wow. Is it hard to hide your cape in everyday life? Geezus dude. Take a look around the stadium and look how many "tough cajun fans" are left. Its dwindling everyday, but hey, your a tough cajuns fan. Congrats again. Your group is getting smaller and smaller. And older and older. That isolationist attitude really has grown the attendance, huh? You're as tone deaf as Martin Hall. That place must have the toughest of the tough in that building!

7. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

You have nothing to apologize for.

8. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Question…did they bother to try to keep you on board?
    No, they said sorry to see you go

Darn, was hoping the last person you spoke with from UL cared.

Even XM radio offers something when people start to leave them.

better than “what took you so long?,” i guess.

Or can you call back in an hour after my shift ends so someone else can do the paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Oh wow. Is it hard to hide your cape in everyday life? Geezus dude. Take a look around the stadium and look how many "tough cajun fans" are left. Its dwindling everyday, but hey, your a tough cajuns fan. Congrats again. Your group is getting smaller and smaller. And older and older. That isolationist attitude really has grown the attendance, huh? You're as tone deaf as Martin Hall. That place must have the toughest of the tough in that building!
    What attitude? I support my University through thick and thin. Simple, really. No fair weather, bandwagon jumping from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    What attitude? I support my University through thick and thin. Simple, really. No fair weather, bandwagon jumping from me.
    Go back to the original post and read slowly and tell us again he’s a “fair weather” “bandwagon jumping” fan…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Go back to the original post and read slowly and tell us again he’s a “fair weather” “bandwagon jumping” fan…
    It's a fruitless endeavor with some, like him. They think it's some sort of badge of honor. It saddens me when I hear ANOTHER fan is done. I'm not mad at them because I completely understand. But some here would rather act smug like Martin Hall is gonna let them sit on their lap and give them some sort of prize. People like that are so damn myopic. Instead of encouraging fans to hang in there, they say, frankly, dumb $#!+ like, "it's strange you would come here to tell us you're done." Those folks will be sitting with less and less fans. They share the same smug, don't care attitude as Martin Hall. But hey, he's a "tough" Cajuns fan. Whatever that means. I'm still going to games and supporting the program, too. But I'm also not $#!++!ng on fans that aren't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It's a fruitless endeavor with some, like him. They think it's some sort of badge of honor. It saddens me when I hear ANOTHER fan is done. I'm not mad at them because I completely understand. But some here would rather act smug like Martin Hall is gonna let them sit on their lap and give them some sort of prize. People like that are so damn myopic. Instead of encouraging fans to hang in there, they say, frankly, dumb $#!+ like, "it's strange you would come here to tell us you're done." Those folks will be sitting with less and less fans. They share the same smug, don't care attitude as Martin Hall. But hey, he's a "tough" Cajuns fan. Whatever that means. I'm still going to games and supporting the program, too. But I'm also not $#!++!ng on fans that aren't anymore.
    We will not be at the game but if you see cjr3888 have a beer with him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information