Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Was A Great Day

1. Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Bolting fans a mere two years removed from back to back Top-25 finishes and after rising from a history of 1 win seasons should know better than anyone that winning is cyclical and that success will come again.

I would have been wrong but I would have thought it impossible to be jaded after 3 good years.

Default Re: Today Was A Great Day

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bolting fans a mere two years removed from back to back Top-25 finishes and after rising from a history of 1 win seasons should know better than anyone that winning is cyclical and that success will come again.

I would have been wrong but I would have thought it impossible to be jaded after 3 good years.
    Well put, It’s still frustrating that we SUCCEED DESPITE administration decisions and apathetic community/ alumni support. Seeing JMU, App State hosting college gameday, meanwhile we barely get 5,000 vs Regional rival Southern Miss on ESPN.

Just frustrating, makes losing worse when you know the potential we have here at UL yet so many fail to see it or take it for granted, Martin Hall included!

It’s about way more than W & L’s.

It's a combination of things. For some reason the conference thinks it's a good idea to pick up homeless guys from the local circle k to be football and baseball officials, the apparent lack of interest from Martin Hall are two of the main things in my mind. Then the little things like scanners that don't scan, cell service at the stadium that suck so bad you can't download a progam. The young men and women and coaches don't want to lose any more than we do. It's like we take one step forward and 3 steps backwards. It gets to the point of one realizing, " this is crazy why am I putting myself through this".

How would the average lafayette resident not affiliated with the school and viewing from the outside know that the problem.is martin hall. And why would they care to differentiate which decisions/ideas come from martin hall and which come from athletic department?

The little things from then on is an excellent post

Gameday does not decide where to go based solely on attendance.
    In 2014 game day went to Yale at Harvard when both were only averaging 11k in attendance for conf. Games

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    What is most frustrating to me is that in the span of the last 25 years we have gone from FCS losses and 1 win seasons under Baldwin to now being just two years removed from consecutive seasons as the only ranked team in this state (our greatest football seasons), with the longest win streak in the nation yet here we are bleeding fans/alumni support and attendance is trending back to the Baldwin years.

The failure to capitalize on the Napier years is what I find disheartening.
    I couldn't agree more. I am frustrated as well, but to think I would give up after missing only 7 or 8 home games since the late 1970's and having a renovated Cajun Field taking place and living in the most successful 10 years of Cajun Football history is ridiculous and crazy. To believe Cajun Football will go 13-1 or even 8-3 every year is crazy. I agree that CMD must have a better win/loss record within the next couple of seasons (he will still be the coach for another couple of seasons) or a change must be made. We cannot get into another Bob Marlin situation, but giving any coach four years to prove themselves is not unreasonable in my opinion.

It is almost certain that those "fans" jumping off the bandwagon will jump right back on the next time the Cajuns are competing for another Conference Championship. Then they will all claim to have been onboard since the Baldwin years or before!

But each person has the right to do what they feel they have to do. Good luck to all of you. We'll see all of you back on the bus at the new Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium when the Cajuns are back to winning on a higher level again.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    What is most frustrating to me is that in the span of the last 25 years we have gone from FCS losses and 1 win seasons under Baldwin to now being just two years removed from consecutive seasons as the only ranked team in this state (our greatest football seasons), with the longest win streak in the nation yet here we are bleeding fans/alumni support and attendance is trending back to the Baldwin years.

The failure to capitalize on the Napier years is what I find disheartening.
    Bump also we fault martin hall for not publicizing things, but the news, media, and of course eapn didn't help either how many of those outlets hyped up tulane last year but were silent when it came to UL winning and leading the state

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    So the point of the post is to tell everyone that you are done? Did you stomp your feet on the way out too so that mom knew you were mad?
    You sound like Martin Hall. They don't give a $#!+ either. That's exactly why we are where we are. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I am frustrated as well, but to think I would give up after missing only 7 or 8 home games since the late 1970's and having a renovated Cajun Field taking place and living in the most successful 10 years of Cajun Football history is ridiculous and crazy. To believe Cajun Football will go 13-1 or even 8-3 every year is crazy. I agree that CMD must have a better win/loss record within the next couple of seasons (he will still be the coach for another couple of seasons) or a change must be made. We cannot get into another Bob Marlin situation, but giving any coach four years to prove themselves is not unreasonable in my opinion.

It is almost certain that those "fans" jumping off the bandwagon will jump right back on the next time the Cajuns are competing for another Conference Championship. Then they will all claim to have been onboard since the Baldwin years or before!

But each person has the right to do what they feel they have to do. Good luck to all of you. We'll see all of you back on the bus at the new Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium when the Cajuns are back to winning on a higher level again.
    So having a new stadium will get us a winning program again? Then why hire another coach. The stadium will take care of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    So having a new stadium will get us a winning program again? Then why hire another coach. The stadium will take care of everything.
    I never said that. I said we will welcome some of those jumping off the bus back on the bandwagon in our new Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium the next time the Cajuns are competing for another SBC Championship. It may, or may not be with Dez at the helm, but it will happen.

We will see you then!

You missed some pretty entertaining basketball games last season. This season could be different of course. You also middle an entertaining football game today despite things not turning out the way we hoped. Having said that, I am happy you enjoyed the day with family. I think we all know that is first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I never said that. I said we will welcome some of those jumping off the bus back on the bandwagon in our new Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium the next time the Cajuns are competing for another SBC Championship. It may, or may not be with Dez at the helm, but it will happen.

We will see you then!
    I honestly wish I could walk away. I'm always gonna be there supporting the players. It gets harder and harder every year. I NEVER thought I'd walk away from being a Saints fan. But about 5 years ago, I did. And I can tell you how much better my Sundays are without it. Hope I dont get there with the Cajuns.

If there had been a banner though everything would be perfect and no bolters

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Today was a great day. For the first time in 24 years, I didn't watch/listen/care what happened with UL football. I just saw the result and was refreshed to know I made the right call.

I spoke with athletics last week, canceled season tickets and withdrew all RCAF payments. I used to fear this day, but I realized UL sports are for entertainment - there's better value for my family in other places.

I hope it changes in the future, and I come back. But today was great and I got to hike a mountain with my family. WORTH IT!
    So you cared enough to come in a UL athletics forum to tell people you didn’t care about UL athletics…

Good for you, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You sound like Martin Hall. They don't give a $#!+ either. That's exactly why we are where we are. Congratulations.
    What? Obviously you do you but if you are really done with UL, just walk away. It seems strange that one needs to come to a Cajuns forum to let everyone know they are done with the Cajuns. Tough times don't last, tough Cajuns fans do!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information