Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

1. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

I don’t, but that didn’t look like a team that didn’t care. We aren’t a bad team. There is definitely room for improvement, but the original post implied that Des had lost the team or that they have quit. That’s not the case. I still think that we can be better next year. Lots of youth on this team.

Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    This team has drastically under achieved. ULM would love to keep us out of a bowl game, and half our players no longer seem to care (reading their body language).

How many Cajuns will enter the 2023-24 transfer portal hoping to be at a different school for the 2024 season?
    I fear too many!

There are two types of players who enter the portal.

1. Very good players who want to try their luck at getting on a very good football team.

2. Very bad players who see the writing on the wall and realize they won’t get playing time here.

For the most part, everyone in-between will stick around.

Now obviously we don’t care about the very bad players leaving. It’s the very good group that worries us. But here’s the thing. If we are a mediocre football team, it means we don’t have many very good players to lose in the first place.

So no, I’m not worried about the portal.

4. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

1. Very good players who want to try their luck at getting on a very good football team.

2. Very bad players who see the writing on the wall and realize they won’t get playing time here.

Now obviously we don’t care about the very bad players leaving. It’s the very good group that worries us. But here’s the thing. If we are a mediocre football team, it means we don’t have many very good players to lose in the first place.

Solid take

5. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

The team has not quit. They gave the top team in the SB everything they wanted last night. Fans are a different story.

6. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    The team has not quit. They gave the top team in the SB everything they wanted last night. Fans are a different story.
    Exactly as you said Troy's fans are not tops in the SBC, but the Ragin' Cajuns have not quit and the made Troy sweat like no other Sunbelt opponent has this year.

The Cajuns have many good players, just not many good coaches.

8. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The Cajuns have many good players, just not many good coaches.
    Poor coaches have a way of making good players invisible to others.

When the leadership is poor then competitive people will look for better opportunities, it’s common sense. IMO, we will lose several pivotal players and not have any new talent to replace them, if history repeats itself (recruiting last year). It’s going to be a hard next 2 years for Cajun fans, if things do not change. Be honest with yourself, if you were a good player leaving high school, would you come the LA looking at the competitors, attendance and the record?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Stupid thread. Wont be many at all.
    I heard this morning that 17 at this point have made the staff aware they have interest in pursuing new opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I heard this morning that 17 at this point have made the staff aware they have interest in pursuing new opportunities.
    If true, not good

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Oof

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    If true, not good
    Depends on who the 17 would be.

3. Players who have been contacted (under the table) by other teams that suggest they enter the portal. Wink,wink.

I think most very good players aren’t just “trying their luck”. I’m sure there have been talks, especially when NIL money is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Enough for an excuse.
    Oof! This one stings a little.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information