Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

1. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nah he must have been asleep the day we lost to USM's 3rd string QB
    What string was their center?

Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Baloney dude. There are injuries every year. Not only that, other teams have injuries too. Our 3rd string was our 1st string. Trying to create a spin instead of looking at reality is what many ignorant posters put on this site to make themselves feel better. You can't change what history and facts for 2 years show.
    We have a porous OL, a non effective running game and a defense that can't pressure the QB nor stop their run. We haven't even played very good teams. Troy has a good record but they haven't beaten any team that's any good. Look it up, don't just spout off spin.
    What we have is questionable schemes and game management for the talent on the roster. The OL starters Thomas, Gillie, Harrington and Jackson are all Napier recruits. The freshman center is a Desormeaux recruit. Unfortunately, neither tackle is very good. Unless they upgrade through the portal, they will be relying on young redshirt sophomores. If you can't pass defend against quicker fronts, you either change your scheme, coach up the linemen you have or go to the portal to improve immediately.

The Defensive Line was leading the SBC in sacks earlier in the season. Lawson, Whitfield, Guidry and Grant are all Napier recruits and good players when used correctly. When they pressured Watson in the first half with 4, he was not accurate. For some reason after tying the game late Morgan goes back to a Nickle or Dime package, rushing 3 DL and two of them are 240 pounds with no push up the middle. Again, is it the talent or the scheme?
    The same thing with the interior, Wiser, Narcisse, McGriff, Hazard and Miller aren't bad players. Hazard is a true noise tackle. That is what he does best playing over the center. He is not the same player when he is asked to do something else.

I see a ton of Napier recruits playing and aren't being used at times in the right scheme. So, either change your scheme to fit your personnel, Coach them up and use them in the right packages or recruit to a different system.

Bottomline, it's up to the HC and his staff to fix it. There is no other way around it, if you aren't winning and your players aren't improving then it's the coach. If you don't have the players to fit your scheme, then it's the coach as well. Either way, it falls on the HC and his staff. Fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What we have is questionable schemes and game management for the talent on the roster. The OL starters Thomas, Gillie, Harrington and Jackson are all Napier recruits. The freshman center is a Desormeaux recruit. Unfortunately, neither tackle is very good. Unless they upgrade through the portal, they will be relying on young redshirt sophomores. If you can't pass defend against quicker fronts, you either change your scheme, coach up the linemen you have or go to the portal to improve immediately.

The Defensive Line was leading the SBC in sacks earlier in the season. Lawson, Whitfield, Guidry and Grant are all Napier recruits and good players when used correctly. When they pressured Watson in the first half with 4, he was not accurate. For some reason after tying the game late Morgan goes back to a Nickle or Dime package, rushing 3 DL and two of them are 240 pounds with no push up the middle. Again, is it the talent or the scheme?
    The same thing with the interior, Wiser, Narcisse, McGriff, Hazard and Miller aren't bad players. Hazard is a true noise tackle. That is what he does best playing over the center. He is not the same player when he is asked to do something else.

I see a ton of Napier recruits playing and aren't being used at times in the right scheme. So, either change your scheme to fit your personnel, Coach them up and use them in the right packages or recruit to a different system.

Bottomline, it's up to the HC and his staff to fix it. There is no other way around it, if you aren't winning and your players aren't improving then it's the coach. If you don't have the players to fit your scheme, then it's the coach as well. Either way, it falls on the HC and his staff. Fix it!
    100% agree T.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

T nailed it.

Can’t call BS on you, T. I hate the 3 DL front.

I literally yelled at my TV and at my poor dog when we switched to 3 man DL with game on the line. Against all odds.We just tied the damn game midway into the 4th and had mojo. I just don't get it.

My dog has since forgiven me.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Gant is a special player that I hope stays here at UL. If I was an SEC program looking to poach a player from UL, he would be my top choice.
    He is good enough to turn pro playing here or elsewhere, I hope he knows that.
    Gant is a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I literally yelled at my TV and at my poor dog when we switched to 3 man DL with game on the line. Against all odds.We just tied the damn game midway into the 4th and had mojo. I just don't get it.

Me too…except it’s my wife! T is stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nah he must have been asleep the day we lost to USM's 3rd string QB
    I'm telling you.Stockholm syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

Had to laugh when I read your post. That was me a couple games back. Yelled so much my dog was hiding in the bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Can’t call BS on you, T. I hate the 3 DL front.
    I keep thinking there is a deeper reason for using it, I just haven't figured it out yet. I am also in the "squirm whenever I only count 3" club!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I keep thinking there is a deeper reason for using it, I just haven't figured it out yet. I am also in the "squirm whenever I only count 3" club!
    MC, the only reason I can see (as a defensive moron that I am), is that they are wanting 8 in pass coverage as time is running down. The offense will pass more. But that also allows you to catch the defense off guard with a run to pick up 5-6 yards.

13. Default Re: How many Cajuns (Football) enter the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    MC, the only reason I can see (as a defensive moron that I am), is that they are wanting 8 in pass coverage as time is running down. The offense will pass more. But that also allows you to catch the defense off guard with a run to pick up 5-6 yards.
    Three in the box AND playing back in coverage is not a good recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Me too…except it’s my wife! T is stating the facts.
    Lol!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information