Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot defend the trajectory of the program

1. UL Football Cannot defend the trajectory of the program

Nobody can objectively look at the state of this football program after Napier left and say we are trending in the right direction. I don’t want to hear about the transfer portal and NIL either. All G5 programs deal with that. It is nauseating that we have managed to slide backwards despite having a top 25 program just two years ago. We have an SOS of 125 and have won five games. That is pathetic and says all I need to know.

Default Re: Cannot defend this

We literally regressed from last year despite what looks to be better talent.

At least last year des went 4-4 in conference, this year we are 2-5

3. Default Re: Cannot defend this

We have absolutely regressed since Napier left and the record speaks for itself. It is sad to watch this program in its state after the way it was when this staff took over.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    We have absolutely regressed since Napier left and the record speaks for itself. It is sad to watch this program in its state after the way it was when this staff took over.
    Please take into consideration that there are some very fragile feelings on this board when someone speaks the truth !

5. Default Re: Cannot defend this

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Please take into consideration that there are some very fragile feelings on this board when someone speaks the truth !
    This isn’t a personal attack on anyone. Mike Desormeaux has devoted a significant portion of his life to this university and for that I am grateful. However, this is a results-oriented business and since he was given the reigns of this program we have not gotten the same results as when his predecessor was at the helm. Anyone can paint the picture however they’d like as to the circumstances pertaining thereto but the facts about our record remain the same.

This isn’t a personal attack on anyone. Mike Desormeaux has devoted a significant portion of his life to this university and for that I am grateful. However, this is a results-oriented business and since he was given the reigns of this program we have not gotten the same results as when his predecessor was at the helm. Anyone can paint the picture however they’d like as to the circumstances pertaining thereto but the facts about our record remain the same.
    We’re stuck until stadium is 100% done.

As many coaches say, your record says who you are.

7. Default Re: Cannot defend this

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We’re stuck until stadium is 100% done.

As many coaches say, your record says who you are.
    I personally agree with this notion. It may be unfair but if you lose every game 40-39, you’re still 0-12 no matter how close you were in each one.

Des can’t be the coach going into the new stadium. If he is, the stadium will just be lip stick on a pig.

Close out the season with a win against ULM, bowl trip. Hold onto the young team you developed, keep ZC, and let’s see how far we can go next season. I still feel good. Geaux Cajuns

Des now has more L's than Napier. This program is being set back 10 years. 85% of social media wants a new head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Des can’t be the coach going into the new stadium. If he is, the stadium will just be lip stick on a pig.
    He will be the coach next season.

12. Default Re: Cannot defend this

Outside of a scandal, I don’t think they fire him before then. The university is strapped for cash so they may not be able to buy him out right now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He will be the coach next season.
    No doubt because we aren’t serious about sports here.

If he has a similar year next year, and is still not let go, it’ll tell me everything I need to know about the people in charge.

No doubt because we aren’t serious about sports here.

If he has a similar year next year, and is still not let go, it’ll tell me everything I need to know about the people in charge.
    They told me all I needed to know when he was promoted.

Outside of a scandal, I don’t think they fire him before then. The university is strapped for cash so they may not be able to buy him out right now anyway.
    Problem is that you become even more cash strapped with him at HC.

From a personal stand point…I already don’t care about making it out to games and the longer it goes, the easier it gets to miss.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information