Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating at Cajun Field?

Default Re: Tailgating at Cajun Field?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    The Louisiana Champions Square needs to have permanent year round tents around the perimeter much like the old Lourdes Park down the 1st base line of the Tigue. Fitted with electrical outlets and lighting…it would work.
    I agree but in the mean time we should start now , it doesn’t take that much effort to do something like this, we talking about a square area with tents chairs and tables that is open to the public.
    We technically could keep it open all year around and have them set up for baseball games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I agree but in the mean time we should start now , it doesn’t take that much effort to do something like this, we talking about a square area with tents chairs and tables that is open to the public.
    We technically could keep it open all year around and have them set up for baseball games as well.
    100%…and don’t just limit it to Champions Square. Something like this at an affordable price, or even first come first serve, would be great!

We can spend 65 million to redo the stadium but we can’t get a mascot and we can’t do something like this ?

Blows my mind!!
    Curious what’s the obsession with a mascot? Why do we need one?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Curious what’s the obsession with a mascot? Why do we need one?
    It’s for the little kids, and also it helps with identity.

Almost every school has a mascot. It just helps with our identity, an area we always had a problem with .

Don't think most of you are getting it. NOT saying this is happening here
    Numerous Universities are setting up with third party companies to provide tailgating spots. Be careful what you ask for. RevelXP.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Don't think most of you are getting it. NOT saying this is happening here
    Numerous Universities are setting up with third party companies to provide tailgating spots. Be careful what you ask for. RevelXP.com
    Trying to think what this has to do with having an area in the pic ? This would be University ran. Like what they have at Moncla Park.

It’s for the little kids, and also it helps with identity.

Almost every school has a mascot. It just helps with our identity, an area we always had a problem with .
    Got you. Ragin Cajuns is one of the most notable names in college sports. If you mix in an albino alligator, catahoula hound dog… or any other animal, it will just confuse things more not make them more identifiable.

Trying to think what this has to do with having an area in the pic ? This would be University ran. Like what they have at Moncla Park.
    Where is Moncla park?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Where is Moncla park?
    Moncus Park

Because that picture is from a third party provider just like I am talking about. Not sure who you think at UL would do this? We struggle to handle what we have now. And no you can't just leave these tents setup year around.

Because that picture is from a third party provider just like I am talking about. Not sure who you think at UL would do this? We struggle to handle what we have now. And no you can't just leave these tents setup year around.
    Well I feel it helps with two of our goals.

1. Provide extra income for athletics.
    2. Gives an avenue for fans to tailgate before the game that don’t have tailgate spots.

If we have to have a 3rd party vendor to set up and clean up I feel like the money would outweigh the cost of setting it up .

Also would help boost attendance as well which is the main goal.

Moncus Park
    BTW, towing still being enforced in shopping center lot.

Well I feel it helps with two of our goals.

1. Provide extra income for athletics.
    2. Gives an avenue for fans to tailgate before the game that don’t have tailgate spots.

If we have to have a 3rd party vendor to set up and clean up I feel like the money would outweigh the cost of setting it up .
    On the cheap end that third party is going to cost you probably $700.00 per game. For that you get a 10x10 tent and an empty ice chest. Most packages are way in excess of that dollar amount.

On the cheap end that third party is going to cost you probably $700.00 per game. For that you get a 10x10 tent and an empty ice chest. Most packages are way in excess of that dollar amount.
    So let’s say 10 tents at 1k dollars a piece that would be 10k dollars for the set up.

One tent I sell beer at 5 dollars well I would have to sell 200 beers from 8 till game time to break even.

Have one tent to have face painting okay at 10 dollars well I would have to get 100 kids to break even.

If I sell hamburgers and hot dogs at 5 dollars a piece that’s 200 hamburgers and hot dogs I would have to sell to break even.

If I sell Funnel Cakes at 5 dollars a piece I have to sell 200 to break even.

Plus the cost of the actual product. I can gaurantee you would make so much more then that if you were out there all day during game day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information