Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: JMU College Game Day

Default Re: JMU College Game Day

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    TV don't care.

As long as students show up The Campus Swamp would blow any other game day location out of the water.
    With all 30 students showing up ?

2. Default Re: JMU College Game Day

Cajun fans are the best. Ragin Pagin…X(Twitter)…

Attached Images Attached Images    

3. Default Re: JMU College Game Day

Since the game would be at the “Lady” or LOLOL field It is only appropriate that Ali Landry be the celeb guest picker.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    When the stadium is complete and exec office are built on the east side of the stadium, tear down the Cox Bldg. and build a Quad or Champions Square between the APC, baseball stadium and football field. At that time, consider moving the tennis complex to create more room for that. That will be huge in getting students and fans to our games.
    The admin does not want the students tailgating near the other tailgating spots. Historically they've done everything they can to separate them.

Sunbelt hosting gameday doesn't merit a famous guest picker nor even having the pickers real name posted on the screen by their picks?

And they could splurge for a jmu sweatshirt instead of a 1970's p.e. coach jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    TV don't care.

As long as students show up The Campus Swamp would blow any other game day location out of the water.
    The Campus Swamp is unique and great to showcase, but is there any room for people around the Campus Swamp? Only room on campus is at The Quad with the FDL. That would look nice.

Was Tony Schiavone not available

I can't believe no one mentioned Blackham for CGD.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned Blackham for CGD.
    And what head gear would Coach Lee Corso wear in picking UL as the winner? We have nothing. I propose that as we rebuild out stadium, we (1) select a mascot which I propose should be a Gator and (2) update our Ragin Cajuns logo font to a script logo or even just Cajuns. We've had our Ragin Cajuns logo for decades and it needs to be updated. Perfect time to do that with the new field turf in OLOL stadium and on the back of the new scoreboard.

UL would try to monetize entry to Game Day if held at UL.

JMU had a Game Day crowd larger than their stadium capacity.

12. Default Re: JMU College Game Day

Louisiana used to tailgate in numbers much in excess of the attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    IF GameDay would ever come to UL it would be even more embarrassing than the pitiful crowds at Cajun Field. There's not near enough passionate fans for something like that.
    App, JMU, Marshall, Texas St, USM have it. UL doesn't.
    If they came to Cajun Field, I think there would be a massive turnout!! .of Walmart purple and puke. There would be sprinklings of red and that would be about it. After Game Day, they would all head home or head across the basin.

14. Default Re: JMU College Game Day

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    And what head gear would Coach Lee Corso wear in picking UL as the winner? We have nothing. I propose that as we rebuild out stadium, we (1) select a mascot which I propose should be a Gator and (2) update our Ragin Cajuns logo font to a script logo or even just Cajuns. We've had our Ragin Cajuns logo for decades and it needs to be updated. Perfect time to do that with the new field turf in OLOL stadium and on the back of the new scoreboard.
    Raccoon or mosquito. Heck I would even choose a Spoonbill over a gator. Can’t believe so many people want to be Lil’ Florida over here. The Swamp, the gators…give me a break. Napier isn’t coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Louisiana used to tailgate in numbers much in excess of the attendance.
    Correct. If things are run correctly, we could fill a 50K stadium each week. Big IF there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information