Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

1. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The difference is good teams find ways to win more than 20% of the time when they have better talent.
    Of course that is very true.

Surprised you didn't grasp what Tank meant by his comment though. Normally you catch stuff like that

2. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! Yeah sure. All we need to do is go 2-8 every year. I mean, there's very little difference. Dude, there's a gulf of difference between 2-8 and
    8-2. "If's" don't mean a damn thing. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
    He didn't say "if" he didn't need to.

He said there "not much difference."

It is an unassailable fact, there's not much diference between winning and losing a one score game.

Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Next year should be the end if we don’t see improvement (which we haven’t in 24 games)
    Lol just look across the street at Basketball. if you think they will fire Dez for going 6-6 I'm sorry it won't happen. This is the UL future for the next decade. A Perennial .500 and maybe a 7 win season sprinkled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Lol just look across the street at Basketball. if you think they will fire Dez for going 6-6 I'm sorry it won't happen. This is the UL future for the next decade. A Perennial .500 and maybe a 7 win season sprinkled in.
    All you can do is just fiddle as UL burns itself to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He didn't say "if" he didn't need to.

He said there "not much difference."

It is an unassailable fact, there's not much diference between winning and losing a one score game.
    There is if your goal is wins and losses. And that is an unassailable fact. How many close games did we win under Napier on our run? Good teams find a way to win those games. Bad ones don't. And we don't. Everything else is excuses, and excuses don't make you better. The unassailable, cold truth is your record. You can go on and on about how there's little difference between 2-8 and 8-2.the difference is 6 more wins. Everything else is "if only" excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Come on Tank you can't be serious. 2-8 will get you fired, 8-2 will get you promoted. I have been a Tank fan for a long time, but you are out of your mind with a statement like that.
    I think he's right on target. As was zeppelincajun; attention to detail and more discipline will go a long way!

Of course this is just my opeinion, just liike you have yours.

7. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

There is if your goal is wins and losses. And that is an unassailable fact. How many close games did we win under Napier on our run? Good teams find a way to win those games. Bad ones don't. And we don't. Everything else is excuses, and excuses don't make you better. The unassailable, cold truth is your record. You can go on and on about how there's little difference between 2-8 and 8-2.the difference is 6 more wins. Everything else is "if only" excuses.
    Focus on overcoming the small difference between winning and losing a one score game.

When one thinks that overcoming the difference is unattainable, it probably is.

8. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

A few "Tush Push" plays like the Eagles had last night and Louisiana would have a couple more wins right there alone.

Focus on overcoming the small difference between winning and losing a one score game.

When one thinks that overcoming the difference is unattainable, it probably is.
    No one is debating whether it's attainable. And yeah, that's the point. The difference between doing and not doing the little things is 8-2 and 2-8. Good teams (8-2) do them. Bad ones (2-8) don't. You can slather on as much lipstick on that pig as you want. Napier teams did the little thingswon the close games. We don't, we lose them. Big difference. A vast gulf of difference.

10. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

No one is debating whether it's attainable. And yeah, that's the point. The difference between doing and not doing the little things is 8-2 and 2-8. Good teams (8-2) do them. Bad ones (2-8) don't. You can slather on as much lipstick on that pig as you want. Napier teams did the little thingswon the close games. We don't, we lose them. Big difference. A vast gulf of difference.
    I don't own any lipstick.

Fix the problems there are solutions.

11. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    There is not much difference between 2-8 and 8-2.
    I actually agree with this; especially in our league.

The difference is, good teams find ways to win those games within reach. The details narrow the margins.

A few "Tush Push" plays like the Eagles had last night and Louisiana would have a couple more wins right there alone.
    Agreed. I will never figure out why we can't take the snap under center in situations like that. Like a lot of things we do, it doesn't make any sense.

I keep hearing we will keep Dez next year that's fine if we're okay with being just like Monroe or Tech. Wow, the mighty have fallen. Can't tell anyone one how to spend their money but I won't renew my tailgate or season tickets to watch someone learn on the job at this level. From top 25 to needing to beat Monroe to be bowl eligible, let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I said should. I have no faith they’ll do it

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I said should. I have no faith they’ll do it
    Not going at you just saying how the administration are ok with mediocrity. We always wanted to use Boise state as a model well look at their coache's record they just let go.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information