Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    My opinion .

The man and his staff is doing a great job. 5 plays away from being 9-2 . Believe it or not , winning requires a little bit of luck. Lost two QBs and still in every game . Lost multiple starters and backups and are still competing. Had a few questionable calls as well by officiating that definitely would move the win column the other way.
    That is right there with the rainbows and unicorns.

2. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

5-6 against the 120+ ranked SOS in America is not "doing a great job." A defense that makes the same mistakes, game in and game out for 2 years is not "doing a great job." A team that constantly folds in big moments is not "doing a great job." Failure to communicate the teach to the team is not "doing a great job." Failure to adjust to what opponents do, more than half of the time, not "doing a great job." Undisciplined play? You guess it, not "doing a great job."

Bad calls? We've had them my entire life. Tough luck? Same. 3 QBs? At least all three were experienced and competent.

We are losing to teams that aren't as talented as we are. We are beating teams that are losing teams (we have 2 wins over teams above .500 and that will go to one next week when Tx St and South Al play each other). When a coach openly says a team needs to get back to basics 10 games into the season, they're not "doing a great job."

I've been a Des guy from day one, but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like this stuff isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    5-6 against the 120+ ranked SOS in America is not "doing a great job." A defense that makes the same mistakes, game in and game out for 2 years is not "doing a good job." A team that constantly folds in big moments is not "doing a good job." Failure to communicate the teach to the team is not "doing a great job." Failure to adjust to what opponents do, more than half of the time, not "doing a great job." Undisciplined play? You guess it, not "doing a great job."

Bad calls? We've had them my entire life. Tough luck? Same. 3 QBs? At least all three were experienced and competent.

We are losing to teams that aren't as talented as we are. We are beating teams that are losing teams (we have 2 wins over teams above .500 and that will go to one next week when Tx St and South Al play each other). When a coach openly says a team needs to get back to basics 10 games into the season, they're not "doing a great job."

I've been a Des guy from day one, but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like this stuff isn't happening.
    Boo-yah MAT is coming with the fiya!

My opinion .

The man and his staff is doing a great job. 5 plays away from being 9-2 . Believe it or not , winning requires a little bit of luck. Lost two QBs and still in every game . Lost multiple starters and backups and are still competing. Had a few questionable calls as well by officiating that definitely would move the win column the other way.
    Undisciplined and fundamentally unsound. We were 5 plays away on shear talent.

Poor tackling, poor angles and too many mental penalties.

Not to mention, disjointed play calling. Thrown away series from said play calling.

Schematically we are fine, we have the talent and the depth to win. But it doesn’t change the areas where we are lacking.

Change either and we are 8-3 today at worst.

Billy doesn’t know how to coach anymore ,Jimbo, Chip Kelly , Deon, Sumlin, Dabo,and many others.
    Jimbo, had a great QB and won.

Chip Kelly hates to recruit.

Deon has done a fantastic job.

Sumlin is a drunk and has personal demons.

Dabo has turned Clemson into a dangerous team.

Billy took over a fricken ____ show. That’s a 4 year build process.

Name:  Screenshot_20231119_115048_Photos.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  148.9 KB

5-6 against the 120+ ranked SOS in America is not "doing a great job." A defense that makes the same mistakes, game in and game out for 2 years is not "doing a great job." A team that constantly folds in big moments is not "doing a great job." Failure to communicate the teach to the team is not "doing a great job." Failure to adjust to what opponents do, more than half of the time, not "doing a great job." Undisciplined play? You guess it, not "doing a great job."

100%!

Thanks for breaking that down. Definitely not doing a great job when considering everything.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Troy's defense was too fast on the perimeter to keep running screens. Our OL could never get their hands on them
    A point I was going to make yesterday but decided the 24-hour rule was a better play. Our OL is effective, even with the true freshman center. But Troy’s front 7 is top notch, especially in the SBC. DEs were beating our OTs off the edge all game and their NG was plugging the middle very well. Still, our offense did enough to give us a chance to win. Defense has been talked about enough but it still ____es me off seeing the soft coverage and lack of pressure. That’s on Lamar! Either he changes the philosophy or he needs to move on.
    Pretty much everyone on this board said we’d get blown out by Troy. The guys played hard and made Troy earn it. Kinda hard to be mad about losing THIS ONE. That said, lots of valid points about this season and 2-3 head scratching loses!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    .Our OL is effective, even with the true freshman center.
    That guy is gonna be special.

Tank has a point on the 5 plays.

ODU stalled at the ODU 7 yard line. Could've at least tied it up.
    GSU stalled at the GSU 7 yard line. Threw an INT. Could've won it.
    USM in OT. Got a holding penalty on 2nd and 5 that made it 2nd and 15. We kicked a FG. Held them to 3rd & 7 then got a P.I. penalty to move the ball to the 7. They scored a TD.
    TROY that phantom P.I. changed the momentum of the game in a way I find similar to the Saints/Rams in 2018. *That wasn't the only crappy call by the Zebras.

I see we had the same issues last season in 4 games as well. Last drive, poor defense/costly penalties or turnovers.

Too many sunshine pumpers trying to be okay with our second straight losing season. The ___ bowl isn’t an accomplishment every season guys. The excuses and mistakes have been the same thing 24 games in.

2-8 in one score football games thus far in this staff's tenure. That is so far winning only 20 percent of 10 games in that stretch.

14. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    2-8 in one score football games thus far in this staff's tenure. That is so far winning only 20 percent of 10 games in that stretch.
    Nerves. Not prepared to think fast, or inability to think fast.

All that can come with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nerves. Not prepared to think fast, or inability to think fast.

All that can come with experience.
    If next year's results are the same as these previous two seasons (6-6 is the best, this regular season can be, might still be 5-7), are we still willing to give time for that experience to come?

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information