Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

1. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Question. Was the offense bad too or was it just the defense? If that’s the case, keep Dez. Roll Morgsn
    Defense was there in the first quarter then gave up 31 in 3 quarters.

The offense score three times as many touchdowns as Troy has given up * all year.

* to a conference opponent.

Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Since, the South (USA) game we haven't seen the win column again. That was a great piece of work and a huge win. Jonesboro was just awful, asleep at the wheel. Southern Miss which I wasn't even able to witness sounds like the wheels simply fell off. As for last night, we looked sharp once again in Bama. I am not one who "blames the refs" but today I AM. That PI call ended our opportunity to get back in the win column. CMD has more people sharpening pitch forks today than even before yesterday's fight, but 100% that WAS NOT PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Since, the South (USA) game we haven't seen the win column again. That was a great piece of work and a huge win. Jonesboro was just awful, asleep at the wheel. Southern Miss which I wasn't even able to witness sounds like the wheels simply fell off. As for last night, we looked sharp once again in Bama. I am not one who "blames the refs" but today I AM. That PI call ended our opportunity to get back in the win column. CMD has more people sharpening pitch forks today than even before yesterday's fight, but 100% that WAS NOT PI.
    UL will finish the season with 1 win against a team with a winning record. To add on this schedule is currently ranked 120th in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    UL will finish the season with 1 win against a team with a winning record. To add on this schedule is currently ranked 120th in the nation.
    Agreed.

This best case scenario, going 6-6 against this schedule is beyond unacceptable. I know Des gets another year, but I don’t like it this better look like a whole new regime next season.

A top G5 program to a bottom dweller in the belt this quick

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    This best case scenario, going 6-6 against this schedule is beyond unacceptable. I know Des gets another year, but I don’t like it this better look like a whole new regime next season.

Hopefully there is a termination clause if you lose back to back years to ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post

Sounds great.

Oh yea.

I tried to tell the board. Losing to ULM can't happen.

10. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 24, Troy 31

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    No matter how correct you were, and even though you saw something lacking that no one else saw.

Calling for a coaching change in year one was premature.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If we lose to ULM again it probably won’t change much but there is no way we are all so nonchalant about CMD getting year 3.

I like CMD and wanted him to be successful and I’ve kept my mouth shut on this until the past week. but the writing is on the wall here. There isn’t a game this year where I feel we were outmatched talent wise but how much longer will we be able to say that with these results?

What exactly are we offering recruits right now? A losing record in the SBC the literal definition of mediocre in overall record playing in front of bottom half of attendance in the conference sure the new stadium will be nice and I am proud of our other facilities but what do I know? There are people on here who know a lot more than me What is the selling point right now?

That won’t be the case. I would actually be ok with parting ways with Lamar Morgan at the conclusion of the season. I’d even be ok with saying goodbye to Tim Leger but Lamar would be my first choice. Problem is, who in the hell could Dez hire? He would almost be a lame duck coach.

So here is a poll. For coach hiring:

Dez - who’s been here for 8 years and knows the area?

Coach X - who HC’d at an FCS with multiple Playoff Appearances and a few Conference titles?

Coach Y - who assistant coached at P-5 and had good success but was in the middle of the pack in his conference?

Coach Z - HC’d at G-5 in a crappy conference but had a string of bowl game appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    So here is a poll. For coach hiring:

Dez - who’s been here for 8 years and knows the area?

Coach X - who HC’d at an FCS with multiple Playoff Appearances and a few Conference titles?

Coach Y - who assistant coached at P-5 and had good success but was in the middle of the pack in his conference?

Coach Z - HC’d at G-5 in a crappy conference but had a string of bowl game appearances?
    A P5 OC or DC all day.

They can always hire an assistant that knows the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That won’t be the case. I would actually be ok with parting ways with Lamar Morgan at the conclusion of the season. I’d even be ok with saying goodbye to Tim Leger but Lamar would be my first choice. Problem is, who in the hell could Dez hire? He would almost be a lame duck coach.
    Lamar gotta go. Tim ain’t the problem.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information