Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: BUILDtheCULTURE.com (New Stadium)

1. Default Re: BUILDthecULture.com (New Stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Curious - the overall height of the tower will be significantly lower than current?
    The soon to be demolished has a lot of elevator travel with nothing happening.

This appears to be a much better use of vertical space.

Default Re: BUILDthecULture.com (New Stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    How do self serve concessions work? I can’t help imagine lots of vending machines.
    It will work like it does at a grocery store. You’ll just pick the item you want off the shelf or cooler and go pay for it. I dont think it will all be like this, but it will be greatly expanded. It should significantly cut down on the wait times.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    laugh.. Well congrats on the renderings...

I look forward to seeing it with the other 14k people that show up.
    I want to point out the positives here.

1. The stadium will be easily the best in the state, amongst our peers. LSU is a different beast all together, the head start they were provided is insurmountable.

2. Construction is actually happening and will be done right.

3. The east side will be just as nice and is already earmarked for funding.

4. Lowered capacity which will make it a more intimate and intimidating environment.

Negatives

1. They will 100% price themselves out of more fans.

3. ESPN and the SBC contract better double per school payout sooner than later.

4. Pricing will have our viewership on ESPN+ increase. That could be seen as a positive, but it’s a negative.

5. Long term schedule still sucks. We need App to be our first home SBC game in the new stadium. But Maggard (has no say, but should push for it) and the SBC won’t make it happen.

4. Default Re: BUILDthecULture.com (New Stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I just want to point out a couple things.

1. The entire west side, not just the upper deck, will be brand new. Aisles will be wider, and all seats will either be chairs or bench back.

2. A lot of thought was put into concessions. A large % of the concessions will be self-serve. The hope is that this will significantly speed up the process and alleviate staffing issues.

The focus was on improving the fan experience for everyone — not just the big shots. If attendance sucks after this opens, it’s because we suck. This university is investing heavily in you and your experience. You can thank them by buying season tickets and showing up to games.
    After they build it, all thats left is marketing.

Field of Dreams lied.

5. Default Re: BUILDthecULture.com (New Stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

1. The stadium will be easily the best in the state, amongst our peers. LSU is a different beast all together, the head start they were provided is insurmountable.

4. Lowered capacity which will make it a more intimate and intimidating environment.

Negatives

4. Pricing will have our viewership on ESPN+ increase. That could be seen as a positive, but it’s a negative.

5. Long term schedule still sucks. We need App to be our first home SBC game in the new stadium. But Maggard (has no say, but should push for it) and the SBC won’t make it happen.
    Fully expect the ESPN payouts to go up. Conference has gotten so much push in national media the last few years, and more to come with JMU/App on GameDay again this weekend.

A major thing that needs to be addressed is a place for football fans (not just Cajun football fans) to meet, drink, watch other games (preferably the stadium would prioritize other league games - but big national games as well) and hangout in a specific area. There should be something like a massive Legends in the Northeast corner, opened during tailgate, during the Cajuns game and after the Cajuns game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Fully expect the ESPN payouts to go up. Conference has gotten so much push in national media the last few years, and more to come with JMU/App on GameDay again this weekend.

A major thing that needs to be addressed is a place for football fans (not just Cajun football fans) to meet, drink, watch other games (preferably the stadium would prioritize other league games - but big national games as well) and hangout in a specific area. There should be something like a massive Legends in the Northeast corner, opened during tailgate, during the Cajuns game and after the Cajuns game.
    100% agree with you. But that would be another facility project that would have to be paid for by donors.

I’m telling you the place would be amazing if it was set up like what the Nashville Sounds have down the 1st base line.

7. Default Re: BUILDthecULture.com (New Stadium)

ESPN payouts are locked in till 2031.

Gil did a ten year giveaway in 2021.

A question I have is that it looks in the renderings the sloped-walk up to enter will go away? Looks like you enter thru the building, and then I guess….stairs/slope/elevators??? To get to the concourses, if you aren’t going to the UD, that is.

Eta: ok, looking closer I see stairs and elevators once you enter…but that is also marked ‘premium entry.’ Where will the lower bowl folks enter? Or will that not change?

WOW! She's a beauty! Good job to the architects creating this rendering. Definite wow factor. Wonder how many ticket holders suites/stadium club will hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    What is an Alex Box? Is that like a corn dog vendor?

The upper deck and the Tigue already have the self-serve drink refrigerators and some small snacks. We call it the Grab and Geaux. Works pretty good.
    At least at the Tigue, you grab the drink yourself but still pay for it with a cashier. Hopefully the way this will be set up is similar to self checkouts at stores where there are 10 kiosks or so going so 10 people can check out simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Perfect. Could’ve even gone lower but this leaves us room for growth. Plus everyone (aside from club members) being in the lower bowl will hopefully help with atmosphere/crowd noise.
    Agreed.

If we ever need a bump in seating, bye bye day care. Easy solution to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Negatives

This is where the University has to be creative with its marketing campaign!!

I would love for a team of volunteers to go all around Acadiana, and start hitting the high school football crowd; and not just Lafayette but the entire Acadiana. Show the new renderings invite them for a good time. Hand out flyers etc.

We need to take a regional approach not just the city of Lafayette approach!

Put a BillBoard in every small town in Acadiana!!

Be part of the cULture billboard !! I telling you it would work! Emphasize support Cajun Culture and support the Ragin Cajuns all around Acadiana!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    At least at the Tigue, you grab the drink yourself but still pay for it with a cashier. Hopefully the way this will be set up is similar to self checkouts at stores where there are 10 kiosks or so going so 10 people can check out simultaneously.
    I'm guessing it will work the same way it does at Minute Maid. Grab your drinks or whatever, place it on the scanner, pay by card with a guy standing there to make sure you don't walk off without paying.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I second the thought that it IS BEAUTIFUL!! I’m interested in what the popular opinion on the board is of the seating capacity dropping by about 10,000 seats to “30,000+”??
    Gonna be a tight squeeze when Alabama and LSU come to town in 2045.

Capacity reduction looks better and is the right move.

Looks very nice.

Symmetry is restored on the Northwest lower bowl.

I’m not in favor of 25k seating if in fact this is the seat capacity, when our top 10 attendance marks are all above that. 30k would be fine.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information